Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Super%20Rugby.png

Hey guys,

I know you must all have been waiting for this since we are only weeks away from the start of this amazing club competition that started back in 1996 and grew to the competition it is today. Last year I threw something out there and it proved to be a huge success so I hope this year will at least equal the enthusiasm and determination of the 2011 Prediction League.

The concept is only slightly altered. While we only had 3 ways of scoring points last year, I want to add a 4th which proved to be successful during the play-offs and the RWC-edition: predicting a try-scorer!

Predicting the result (e.g. home win, draw, away win) = 1 point
Predicting a try-scorer = 2 points
Predicting the number of tries for a team = 3 points
Predicting the number of points scored by a team = 5 points

When you guys predict a try scorer, you can predict one per team!

i.e.:

Bulls (2) 23 - 30 (3) Sharks
Hougaard & Lambie

Stormers (4) 38 - 12 (0) Hurricanes
Aplon & no try scorer

You get 2 points if you have the correct try scorer. This is not about which is the first try scorer, just one of the tries. If you predict "No try scorer" like I did in this example in the second match, and no try is scored by that team, it counts as a good prediction and also gets you 2 points.

The points scored in all matches of the round are added up, giving you a total. I will wrap up every round with a summary and a log and we will see who is the 2012 winner of this Prediction League! There is an honorable mention for the person getting the highest score in a single round as well.

So, are you in?

I'm in....

It would be nice to see someone from the Southern Hemisphere win this year, as last years Super Rugby prediction comp was won by some obscure English chap if I remember correctly.....

Last edited:
Yeah count me in. My knowledge of super rugby is not the best but what the hell. Sign me up.

Hell yeah, this is great fun, thanks in advance for all the efforts!!

I'll do it. I'll just guess Ioane as a try scorer every Red's game.

I reckon a South African team will win it this year. Hmmm, the Stormers. I like them. Or, maybe the Hurricanes if not a SA team. Reds definitely won't win again.

I know very little about supeRugby, but because the six nations game is going quite well for me I'll have a go:D

Anyone else keen for this? Only a couple of days to go before the start of round 1.

I am going to start the Prediction thread later tonight... Anyone else is free to join later on in the tournament. No restrictions here!

Guys, just a heads up:

When you guys predict a try scorer, you can predict one per team!

i.e.:

Bulls (2) 23 - 30 (3) Sharks
Hougaard & Lambie

Stormers (4) 38 - 12 (0) Hurricanes
Aplon & no try scorer

You get 2 points if you have the correct try scorer. This is not about which is the first try scorer, just one of the tries. If you predict "No try scorer" like I did in this example in the second match, and no try is scored by that team, it counts as a good prediction and also gets you 2 points.

Hi !

New-comer from France on this forum, I'll try my best in this predictions league !
Best regards !

Latest posts