• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Currie Cup: Round 9

TRY!!! KYLE COOPER!!! Massive run by Allan Dell from the line-out, gaining 15 metres, Cooper takes over and crosses the line!

Try by Rhule! His second and just like Jansen and Ndungane he gets a double...

Top of the log, Draggsy!!! We are 1 match away of being log leaders at the end of the season and with 12 players missing, not bad, I'd say!!!

37-30 and the Cheetahs get 1 point to take them to 5th, leaving the Bulls dead last, again :D

I was disappointed when the Cheetahs scored until I realised what it meant.
Still, did not want a draw in case we really mucked up the restart.
Griquas at Kings Park next week, massive match.

Draggs, can you explain how Riaan Viljoen missed that conversion?

Yeah, but still... Put the ball further from the posts, get yourself some extra time.

Yeah, it's not like he is having trouble with distance... Happy with the win, but things could have easily gone the other way.

[TABLE="width: 300"]
[TR]
[TD]Position
[/TD]
[TD]Team
[/TD]
[TD]Points
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]1
[/TD]
[TD]Sharks
[/TD]
[TD]30
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]2
[/TD]
[TD]Golden Lions
[/TD]
[TD]28
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]3
[/TD]
[TD]Western Province
[/TD]
[TD]20
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]4
[/TD]
[TD]Griquas
[/TD]
[TD]20
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]5
[/TD]
[TD]Free State
[/TD]
[TD]18
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]6
[/TD]
[TD]Blue Bulls
[/TD]
[TD]18
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

With the top 3 playing the bottom 3 (1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 6 and 3 vs. 5) there is even a small chance of Western Province ending bottom of the log and having to play a promotion/relegation match. Isn't that something?! Talk about a strength-to-strength competition...

Jeesh I'm nervous for the game against Free State. Imagine we lose!! I also hope for the Griquas to get a play-off spot. Are the Boks going to be available for the next clash? We could really do with some of our stars back.

Jeesh I'm nervous for the game against Free State. Imagine we lose!! I also hope for the Griquas to get a play-off spot. Are the Boks going to be available for the next clash? We could really do with some of our stars back.

According to reports, only some of the guys will be made available.

For instance, for the Bulls: Jeandre Kruger, Morne Steyn and Jacques Potgieter. But Pine PIenaar said yesterday that he doesn't think Morne will make himself available for any further rugby this year...

My guess is that only the fringe players will be available, while the 22 that played on the weekend will be given a week's rest before the preparation for the EOYT starts

WP is trying hard to get that play-off spot, maybe they need gate-fees, who knows cause they playing sommer kak

Pretoria - There was good news for Blue Bulls coach Pine Pienaar on Monday with all the players returning from the Springboks squad declared fit and available to play against the Golden Lions on Saturday.

Kick-off is at 19:10.

Latest Absa Currie Cup standings

This means that Zane Kirchner, Francois Hougaard, Mornè Steyn, Arno Botha, Jacques Potgieter, Juandrè Kruger and Flip van der Merwe are available to play on the weekend.

The Blue Bulls need to win the match to avoid the promotion/relegation match and if other results go their way, could still qualify for the playoffs of the Absa Currie Cup.

Kirchner (hip) and Potgieter (stomach muscle strain), did not train on Monday, but will be back on the field on Tuesday, team doctor Org Strauss confirmed.

Louis Fouchè (AC-joint strain), Dewald Potgieter (quad), Bjorn Basson (knee) and Franco Mostert (head knock) were also sidelined today, but will train tomorrow.

Pienaar will name his team for the Coca-Cola Park clash on Wednesday.

I just hope they don't pull a sharks (or as Ashwin Willemse would say: Sarks) on themselves like last year, with all their bokke back

WP have De Jongh and Liebenberg that'd certainly come back in. JdV, Habs and Vermeulen probably to get a rest. Maybe Bekker and Etzebeth could play as they didn't play a few games in the RC.

I think we won't see a lot of changes. Lambie can play fly-half (since we need some creativity there), Burden and Mvovo need game-time but Mvovo will be on the bench with Pietersen and Ndungane obviously in better form. Coetzee might replace Deysel but Alberts, Mtawarira and Jannie won't be playing this weekend.