• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

PMQs will be gold on Wednesday. Starmer will be pressing BoJo on what and when he knew about Cummings not to mention this damning three weeks of dither Sunday Times article.

PMQs will be gold on Wednesday. Starmer will be pressing BoJo on what and when he knew about Cummings not to mention this damning three weeks of dither Sunday Times article.
Parliament is in recess have to wait a week.

You're allowed to write 1 question for SKS at an imaginary (because it's half term) PMQs this week.

Go.

Here's mine.

"Many of your cabinet colleagues have defended Mr Cummings' illegal trips to Durham on the principal that, in doing so, he was just being a 'good parent'. Could Mr Johnson please confirm whether he agrees with his colleagues that other members of the public who decided to abide by travel limitations were doing so because they are 'bad parents'"

Labour need to be careful because of Kinnock...
Not the same position I know but nevertheless they need to be careful not be hypocritical, especially with the wording of that tweet the same could b applied to Kinnock
It's a problem and some are trying to equate the two, Stephen is a minor back bench MP and Neil is a party elder. However as it's none of the front bench and their chief advisors it's pretty hard to try to equate the two things. Especially as Cummins was a chief architect of the stay at home message and the government response to COVID-19

Labour need to be careful because of Kinnock...
Not the same position I know but nevertheless they need to be careful not be hypocritical, especially with the wording of that tweet the same could b applied to Kinnock

Neil or Stephen?

It's a problem and some are trying to equate the two, Stephen is a minor back bench MP and Neil is a party elder. However as it's none of the front bench and their chief advisors it's pretty hard to try to equate the two things. Especially as Cummins was a chief architect of the stay at home message and the government response to COVID-19
I agree but nevertheless they could end up opening themselves up for some criticism that could have been reserved for Cummings, I don't think that objectively they were wrong, just that it was a bad move politically

The fact that Starmer has by and large kept his trap shut shows how much damage it's doing to this government. He just has to sit back and watch them tear themselves apart over this whilst the general public get angrier and angrier.
I believe that is known as the Corbyn Principle.

Baker must be confident there is enough support amongst backbenchers otherwise why get involved and put his neck on the line. He seemed extremely confident earlier that this isn't going away until Cummings is gone.
Alistair Campbell had a rule that if a problem hadn't burnt itself out in 11 days then action would be needed. That was then, in the social media age it's probably more like 3 or 4 days and I don't see this going away any time soon. Johnson's backed himself right into a corner.

Hahahah, I mean he could just be ignoring them as not to create a storm of pictures of him being questioned by the police but either way....
What a twat
As far as I'm aware he's actually at No10 at this moment.

Bojo leading the conference... Guesses on if he'll be defending him or firing him?

Hope it's the latter but expect the former

Honestly be shocked if that happens. Was Johnson supposed to be on today or is it a change of plans? If the latter, then clearly the story is bigger than they are trying to make it out to be. Also generally having the prime minister defend you personally is usually a good thing, not sure in this case. What are the chances we find out about another 5 trips Cummings has made when Boris slips us?

Honestly be shocked if that happens. Was Johnson supposed to be on today or is it a change of plans? If the latter, then clearly the story is bigger than they are trying to make it out to be. Also generally having the prime minister defend you personally is usually a good thing, not sure in this case. What are the chances we find out about another 5 trips Cummings has made when Boris slips us?
Change of plans and the conference delayed by an hour to 5pm...

Yeah they must be terrified that there is more stored up

One assumes this has to be a firing we have a press that walked out when the government tried Trumpian tactics of excluding certain people. Plus Johnson doesn't do a midweekend presser on a bank holiday.

I wouldn't be surprised by a defence but I simply don't know how any tactics of putting Johnson in front of the camera to defend this works.

Latest posts