• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Depends how much of this can be verified. Anyone with a shred of morality would say he goes, but this is politics. They could well try to deny it and hope they can ride it out (personally doubt they can). However, at the moment there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence, just witnesses who can't have their claims verified.
.....apart from anything else we have the most CCTV on the planet.....

Grant Shapps must have been pretty nasty in a previous life to be put up for interviews tomorrow......

https://mobile.twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1264274539422388225

.....apart from anything else we have the most CCTV on the planet.....

Grant Shapps must have been pretty nasty in a previous life to be put up for interviews tomorrow......

https://mobile.twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1264274539422388225

True and I'm sure there will be other evidence. However, at the moment it only appears to be a couple of eyewitnesses with no further evidence. If (a big if), they actually turn out to be jumping on the band wagon and have made it up then it could quickly turn things round for Cummings as people are generally sympathetic of false, opportunistic accusations that are unfounded.

The problem is the close source is widely considered to be Dominic Cummins himself. So instead of putting up to scrutiny she's essentially acting as his pres officer by just repeating what he told her to say and not putting it up to any scrutiny or him.
Another interesting point is - how often has anyone heard of a journalist using an "anonymous source" to parrot official government announcements?
Protecting sources is to protect them FROM the government / law enforcement, not just to beat the official press release by an hour or so.

True and I'm sure there will be other evidence. However, at the moment it only appears to be a couple of eyewitnesses with no further evidence. If (a big if), they actually turn out to be jumping on the band wagon and have made it up then it could quickly turn things round for Cummings as people are generally sympathetic of false, opportunistic accusations that are unfounded.
The news of the second trip was broken by thesthe people who broke the first trip. I'm 99% sure it's verified and they knew yesterday, sat on it so the government was given enough rope to hang themselves.

This could actually save the blushes of the gov if the decision is to sack him because they can now point to this second bit of evidence as the reason to sack him rather than public opinion and it being a pr disaster

The news of the second trip was broken by thesthe people who broke the first trip. I'm 99% sure it's verified and they knew yesterday, sat on it so the government was given enough rope to hang themselves.

Fair enough. I personally hope he goes and he represents everything wrong with current politics and is completely amoral.

Could be very humiliating for a load of ministers. There were rumours of a reshuffle anyway.

Sajid Javid must be loving this. Probably sitting at home watching developments with a bucket of popcorn.

If Cummings broke the rules again then it pretty much confirms that the whole child care excuse was a load of b0llox and he should face a lot of criticism for dragging his 4 year old kid into this sorry episode.

Straight out of the trump playbook, accuse the media of spreading fake news as part of some campaign.

The Tories could really be digging their own grave if they support the complete hypocrisy of this. Going to be interesting to see what starmer says in PMQs as Johnson will definitely have a prepared response for this to try to justify it.

Straight out of the trump playbook, accuse the media of spreading fake news as part of some campaign.

The Tories could really be digging their own grave if they support the complete hypocrisy of this. Going to be interesting to see what starmer says in PMQs as Johnson will definitely have a prepared response for this to try to justify it.

My faint hope is that the Conservatives have a smaller percentage of voters who will believe whatever they say compared with Trump. What is clear is that it's not just going to go away.

6 years ago Trump criticizes Obama for playing Golf during the Ebola crisis. And now does exactly the same himself.:eek::rolleyes:.

It's also important to remember with Ebola that the chances of it being a real a threat to the general public were incredibly small (and proven to be correct) unlike the present crisis.

ERG head Steve Baker now on BBC1 saying Cummings has to go. Guess he's been waiting for this seeing as he didn't get a Government post after the election.

ERG head Steve Baker now on BBC1 saying Cummings has to go. Guess he's been waiting for this seeing as he didn't get a Government post after the election.
Simon Hoare also breaking ranks today. Just a question of how many and if it's enough the ERG are one group but not as powerful as they once were in terms of parliamentary power.

Johnson will struggle though Cummins isn't liked in the parliamentary party and is no Campbell (or Tucker) in terms them living with him. I can see the pressure mounting and the behind the scenes chat is apparently furious.

Simon Hoare also breaking ranks today. Just a question of how many and if it's enough the ERG are one group but not as powerful as they once were in terms of parliamentary power.

Johnson will struggle though Cummins isn't liked in the parliamentary party and is no Campbell (or Tucker) in terms them living with him. I can see the pressure mounting and the behind the scenes chat is apparently furious.

Baker must be confident there is enough support amongst backbenchers otherwise why get involved and put his neck on the line. He seemed extremely confident earlier that this isn't going away until Cummings is gone.

The fact that Starmer has by and large kept his trap shut shows how much damage it's doing to this government. He just has to sit back and watch them tear themselves apart over this whilst the general public get angrier and angrier.

Four Conservative MPs have now called on Cummings to resign.

Sunday Times carrying a major piece "22 Days, how 3 weeks of dither and delay at No10 cost thousands of British lives".

Latest posts