• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

I usually stay away from threads like this, but this morning I've seen a video of a critical care nurse sobbing after she did a 14 hr shift going to the supermarket and finding nothing on the shelves no fresh fruit, veg or other items she needs to feed her kids, it was quite difficult for me to see someone in such distress and I'm not at all squeamish. there are probably people on here who have gone out and helped strip the shelves, I find it incredible that this is allowed to go on and it will go on until something drastic is done and conversing with supermarkets is obviously not working, Italy who are in a far worst stage than we are, but there is no panic buying there, here I'm afraid its I'm all right **** you.
I was in the Parachute regiment so have seen some very disturbing things but not in my country, I feel ashamed and disgusted on the behaviour of some.

My sister works for the NHS and there is word that that NHS staff will get the same treatment as the elderly and be given exclusive access to supermarkets before they are opened to the wider public. May not work for everyone if shifts clash with these time slots but hopefully a step in the right direction.

My family and close friends are refusing to stock pile and panic buy. I'm hearing that a lot of panic and fear is being spread in Whatsapp groups and social media. People alerting others when things are running out or when things are back in stock and it just results in selfish mayhem. It's a time to be calm, kind, caring and nice. Stay healthy guys!

The worst thing about the panic buying is that it seems to be entirely unnecessary, by all accounts the supply chains are still operating more or less as nkrmal. People need to cop on, there's plenty for them but they're going to end up stopping those who need it most from getting it.

My favorite American sports podcast had a doctor on yesterday and she was crying cause of fear. Apparently we don't have enough medical protection for healthcare professionals and they are really at risk of getting it. Part of the reason is people were buying that **** even though they would never need it.

Im not really surprised by anyone's response to it. Americans don't like listening to experts when it inconveniences them, as we've seen with global warming. There is money made telling lies and people (Fox News) have filled that lane.

My sister works for the NHS and there is word that that NHS staff will get the same treatment as the elderly and be given exclusive access to supermarkets before they are opened to the wider public. May not work for everyone if shifts clash with these time slots but hopefully a step in the right direction.

My family and close friends are refusing to stock pile and panic buy. I'm hearing that a lot of panic and fear is being spread in Whatsapp groups and social media. People alerting others when things are running out or when things are back in stock and it just results in selfish mayhem. It's a time to be calm, kind, caring and nice. Stay healthy guys!
#CautionNotPanic #CautiousNotComplacent and #We'reAllInThisTogether have been my watchwords throughout this thing

Good news for Self-employed - no July tax payments. Deferred until 31 January 2021.

TRF High School Musical KARAOKE PARTY (via Twitch, so we don't cough in each others mouths)

Q to Trump - "what do you say to the American public who are scared of this Virus." Setting Trump up to reassure the American public that there is no need to panic and everything is being done if everyone just follows basic instructions.

Trump: "that is a nasty question and you are a terrible reporter and being sensationalist." Cue rant at the reporter and the media. :confused: Yeah, this guy is definitely losing it.

Sensationalist reporting from Peter Alexander.? Who is just reporting 14000 cases in USA and 200 dead. He's not being sensationalist. These are the current figures. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51235105.

This crisis is showing Trump's true colours in full view of the world. Terrible person, terrible leader, terrible President.

Last edited:
To be honest I do see a lot of sense in the tac they are going for, the fact that they are going to be testing people for immunity now suggests there is more weight behind the herd immunity theory than many think.
I dunno, but I get the vibe from friends and on this board that some are trying to use this as point scoring against Bojo and the government rather than actaully looking at the theory behind the approach. If we come out of this and in 6 months time the rest of the world falls back into chaos and we're in a much better position than them (as the thoery suggests) then I garuntee many of those same people won't turn around and admit they were wrong.

The only way you acquire herd immunity via an actual illness is by going through a much worse version of what Italy are going through right now.

You think that's a good idea?

Latest posts