• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[COVID-19] General Discussion

Last edited:
Only side effect (if you could call it that) I had was feeling like I had a slight bruise where I'd been injected for maybe 2days after
as we were walking home i did say to the wife i wonder how many of the more mild side effects (for the flu shot too) are psychosomatic, everyone gets told the might/will have mild cold/flu symptoms and so you second guess every sneeze etc

Only side effect (if you could call it that) I had was feeling like I had a slight bruise where I'd been injected for maybe 2days after
I think it means they jabbed you correctly ie intra muscular, hence the feeling of a bruising on the jabbed arm.

And now Portugal has just been moved to Amber. Way a go Government for letting people go there for the last few weeks.

Wasn't 60% the number where it would lead to hospitals being potentially overwhelmed again?

Wasn't 60% the number where it would lead to hospitals being potentially overwhelmed again?
I read on Twitter from a source of unknown reliability that hospitals are currently at the point that they were last September (when we weren't 17 days away from wilfully helping the virus to spread).
Looking at Bolton hospitalized 59 new varient, only 5 were either 1 or 2 dosed .
Fair to assume vaccine provides 90% protection real world figures in real time,of course I'm no expert but numbers at present seem to suggest vaccine doing its job.
Are you still sure after the revelations re: Pfizer over the past 24 hours? At least it's only our most vulnerable groups who would have received their second dose more than 3 months ago! Seems like planning needs to be started to administer third doses right now.

Nuts that all the media seem interested in doing is sticking a camera in front of people too dumb to understand the risk they were taking by taking a foreign holiday in the current climate.

Three Word Soundbites
Not Government Policy
Because four word soundbites like "strong and stable leadership" didn't work? :p

So Hancock has been advised that the Delta variant is around 40% more transmissible than the Alpha one. Whether this translates to more hospitalisations, is just a matter of wait and see. My view from reading what is happening is that it is only a matter of time before it gets to people who haven't yet been fully vaccinated and their risk of hospitalisation is increased whether they have refused it, can't medically have it or haven't yet been offered it yet (if it's not happening already). My view is put the measures in place now - don't wait and see.

I have even complained to my work about not bringing every one back into the office on 21 June, which is their plan.

I see that clown Williamson is only just announcing secondary school pupils should get tested with LFTs today before they go back tomorrow after half term. Err see he's still forward planning and got this under control. F'ing muppet.

Until everyone has been offered the jab(s) they shouldn't discriminate imo

Especially as vaccinated people can still get/pass on COVID to unvaccinated people without realising they ever had it due to the vaccine stopping it becoming symptomatic

Also there is there is the simple fact that many young unvaccinated people don't have a choice. You can't go out because you can't have have a vaccine. That's not fair. Especially when I imagine many will actually be asked to work in places they then won't be allowed to visit as a customer as they haven't had the vaccine.

Latest posts