• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Champions League 06/07

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Well as some members would say we are flukey and spawny... so maybe thats where we get it from... I suppose those members are jealous as they don't have a Budda, they have Gollum...

;) ;)
[/b]

I am jealous of your success...same way you are jelaous of Utd & Chelsea's.

Jealousy and schadenfreude are just part of the being a footy fan. It's only self-righteous bell-ends who don't admit it.

David Moyes is a better manager than Benitez....relatively speaking. [/b][/quote]

I am Jealous of United's and Chelsea Success in the Premiership but that is all... United and Chelsea are Jealous of our Success in Europe....

Explain why Moyes is a better Manager than Benitez?
[/b][/quote]

Shut the f*** up, you've not won any more in Europe then United.

Don';t give me this "5" ********, you weren't even born to remember 4 of then, nor were any of your squad.
[/b][/quote]

Yes we have

Liverpool vs Man U
European Cups 5 - 2
Uefa Cups 3 - 1
European Super Cup 3 - 1

That stats speak for themselves...

I may not have been born to remember some of them, but you can't go on that factor, the facts are we have won more in Europe than Manchester United.

If your saying I picked Liverpool because of their History, then I could easily say you picked Manchester United for the Glory in recent years... And just for you knowledge I have been brought on Liverpool FC, by Grandfather who was born and lived in Liverpool...

Meh... the European Treble... the Prmier League, Champions League & FA Cup.
lets see liverpool do that....

How many fans have Man United killed? Then how many have Liverpool?[/b]

United fans killed a Crystal Palace fan before a semi final in 1995. Never gets mentioned though of course. And of course, you won't know anything about the persistent trouble before games at Old Trafford.

Your a cup team mate and a crap one at that. I can see 5 in midfield in the final and some more penalty shootouts. Its a knockout competition it is no way to judge a season or talent. When a team dominates a league containg 38 games then they have done well not when they get through a couple of rounds in europe. [/b]

Your punctuation is terrible. As is your opinion. I can accept that we are a cup team but we've beaten the European and Spanish champions, the English Champions... what more do you want us to do? We've done what it is that we needed to do - if you can't praise us for that you're even more deluded and bitter than you come across as.

<div class='quotemain'>
How many fans have Man United killed? Then how many have Liverpool?[/b]

United fans killed a Crystal Palace fan before a semi final in 1995. Never gets mentioned though of course. And of course, you won't know anything about the persistent trouble before games at Old Trafford.
[/b][/quote]

Come off it, even I know Liverpool have a worse record when it comes to deaths than Manchester Utd.

I didn't say they did. All I know is that I have never feared for my life at any other stadium other than outside Old Toilet.

I didn't say they did. All I know is that I have never feared for my life at any other stadium other than outside Old Toilet.
[/b]

That's 'cause us, you and the mancs are all currently trying to out-hate each other.

It's pots & kettles mate...just making little jibes that you were worried about getting stabbed is a bit self-righteous.

SB

There is no trouble outside Old Trafford unless cocky scousers start it. Ive been to Liverpool and i was more scared there than i was walking around at night in South Africa.

I want Liverpool to challenge for the league instead of relying on one off performances in a cup. Then i will praise them. You won the champions league but needed UEFA to invent rules so you could play in it again.

Incorrect - we needed clarification as the FA changed the rules in March when things got tough.

Seriously, does Pennant have any sense of balence? The dirty little criminal has spent most of the final so far rolling around on the floor.

Well, Milan won it. I felt that they where gonna win the game due to fact Liverpool had all the possession, but couldn't score. When they did score it was a little too late. Milan second goal was class, Kaka is a superb player.

I am physically gutted...

We were the better side during the game, but Milan took their chances...

Well Done Milan.

But none of the players really turned up to be honest, it could of been so much better, bits of play were very sloppy.. but I can't elaborate anymore as I am feeling ill...

Liverpool still get the trophy.

Theivey Stevie will stash it in his kit bag I'm sure.

Only saw the second half, and spent a lot of that not looking at the screen, but Liverpool never looked like they would win. Most entertaining moment was Inzaghi being hit in the stomach by the ball and going down like he'd been stabbed. Although playing Liverpool, who knows...

I really can't watch football if I don't give a crap who wins, it's such a dull spectacle.

bloody hell... i was actually going for the reds for once.
only because Milan are matchfixing scumbags that shoudnt have been in the Serie A let alone the Champions League.

is it just me or did gerrard look as if he had something else on his mind. it just looked like he wasnt 100%. im not laying the blame with him or anything.. its just when hes on song hes abit more upbeat and will often test the keeper from long range.

also... that first goal... i thought the deflection was a hand ball. maybe just me... but i think Reina appealed for it also...

Well Personally I feel Gerrard was playing too high up the pitch to be effective, we have tried him in that advance role before and it didn't work, I would of probably taken off Alonso and put Crouch up front, or even of started with that lineup... We looked more dangerous with Crouch playing than we did with Kuyt, would of also considered Bellamy on as well, his pace would of been able to beat that defence...

Liverpool simply lack firepower, and have done for too many years...

The only player who really impressed for me was Mascherano, fantastic player, can tell he is going to be world class...

Even Kaka was quiet today..

I am not going to complain over hand balls and other things, simply Milan won because they took their chances...

I didnt want the scousers to win but they can feel hard done by, controlled the first half and got the better of scrappy second half. I must question Kewells introduction as the man has not played in god knows how long and gets thrown on in the thick of things.

Liverpool need a more attacking minded centre mid as they have four primarily defensive players: Gerrad, Sissoko, Mascherano and Alsonso. That and their inability to score let them down everytime.

soooo.... scousers... the talk in the media is about your guys american sugar daddy giving rafa some serious cash to buy players.

anyone in particular you guys would want to buy?? you will probably need to pick up another forward with Bellamy likely to be punted in the summer.... maybe rafa could bring owen back to anfield.

Tevez maybe...Berbatov from spurs perhaps... or you could even **** off you fellow merseysiders in blue and go after Arteta... i can see the argument bewteen stuey and charlie already...

"I belong to Jesus"

What's confusing me is why didn't anyone track back to flick Inzaghi's second off the line....it was hardly a net-burster!

The best team lost but I'd say it was the right result if you consider the best team lost two years ago.

The best team lost but I'd say it was the right result if you consider the best team lost two years ago. [/b]

Exactly, if you have all the possession in the world but you don't take your chances, you can't expect to win...

Just showed really what we lack.

Gonzalez is off now to Real Betis...

I think serious questions have to be asked of Benitez, Milan were there for the taking yet for some bizarre reason he decides to start with Zenden, Rafa must have had the blinkers on for the semi-final because that was possibly one of the most inept performances from a professional footballer I have ever seen, starting Kuyt was an absolute joke as well, he should have gone with Bellamy and Crouch who would have posed far more problems to Nesta and Maldini than Kuyt with Gerrard playing off him. As for Harry Kewell he just proved what a waste of space he is. Felt sorry for Carragher though, of all the times to have a mare the champions league final ain't the place. Liverpool's problem is that they do not play to their own strengths, they pick their team to combat the opposition which is a suicidal approach, moreso in the league but in one off matches where it is more likely to work it can bite you in the ass as well.

Yeah Milan were lucky for their first goal but Liverpool got a bit of luck with their goal as well, if the flick on hadn't have deflected off Maldini it wouldn't have gone into the path of Kuyt.

Massive relief though after the pain of 2 years ago and Maldini the legend picking up his 5th champions league medal.

Latest posts