• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boxing Thread

Ruiz only had 5 weeks notice before the last fight. This time he will have had more time to prepare albeit he is a stone heavier. Will be interesting to see if/how AJ goes for the finish if he catches Ruiz knowing what happened last time. I would imagine he'll be more cagey this time and choose his shots carefully. Ruiz hand speed is insane and so it has the makings of an intriguing contest.

Incredible that AJ (the challenger) is pocketing £60m from this one. Saudi making use of their deep pockets.

I just hope the best man wins without any dodgy scores from the judges if it goes the distance. It's something that is really tainting the sport of late.

Their respective conditioning definitely makes me more interested in this than I would be

Apparently Ruiz was losing weight for this fight but felt his power going so packed it back on (and then some).

Feel like Ruiz could go headhunting, after the last fight, but how fat he is and the heat and (presumably, based on the weight loss) Joshua's pace/movement game plan could see him gas hard if he doesn't find Joshua's chin early

What's the craic with boxing - everything I've seen said the Povetkin vs Hunter was the last fight before the main event.
Who are these guys now?

It's that old cliche
AJ needs to be perfect all fight, Ruiz could change it with one shot

AJ outboxing him so far just jabbing and staying on his bike. Going back to his amateur roots rather than headhunting.
Think sometimes the can crushing/"building up fighters" that is so prevalent in pro boxing can be a negative - guys believe their own hype when they're KOing all their opponents until they run into a good guy with an iron chin

Last edited:
AJ has been in complete control. Used the ring and left jab to keep Ruiz at distance; similar to when he beat Parker. Tying up Ruiz in clinches every time. Should win unanimous points.

Perfect game plan from AJ and a deserved win

I don't see him getting past the winner of Wilder/Fury though
Fury is the better pure boxer and Wilder is long enough that AJ can't stay behind the jab and avoid the power punch for 12 rounds - and if that punch lands he's going to the shadow realm

79079390_10162747306145165_1727767851718148096_n.jpg

Latest posts