• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Barrages

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
So first round features Castres v Montpellier tomorrow night and then Toulon v Racing on Saturday night (both live on ESPN from 20.00 UK time)......

Castres and Montpellier seem to be at almost full strength from teams announced today so should be interesting match and sure that Gaston will have lots to say..... I will go for Montpellier to win their match and Racing to beat the demoralised Toulon lads who will not have recovered from their disbelief at losing at the Stoop last week! However, I do not think either side will progress any further next week with ASM v ST for the final and a win for ST..........................

So first round features Castres v Montpellier tomorrow night and then Toulon v Racing on Saturday night (both live on ESPN from 20.00 UK time)......

Castres and Montpellier seem to be at almost full strength from teams announced today so should be interesting match and sure that Gaston will have lots to say..... I will go for Montpellier to win their match and Racing to beat the demoralised Toulon lads who will not have recovered from their disbelief at losing at the Stoop last week! However, I do not think either side will progress any further next week with ASM v ST for the final and a win for ST..........................

I can't see Racing getting a win away to Toulon,

but Montpellier have a chance against Castres, and are certainly better on paper, and Castres have made a habit of losing in the Barrages over the past couple of seasons

I'd like to see Toulon do well because of Wilko/Armitage/Bruno/Lewis-Roberts, but then at the same time if they were to win it'd leave a bad taste in the mouth as they'd've basically bought the trophy with their Baabaas side.

Racing giving Toulon a run for their money and Jonny sacked as the kicker!! Bit after the Lord Mayor's show though following Aviva Final.......................................

Toulon look to have some life left, but their mistakes may come back to haunt them by the final whistle.

Smith has made up for the many mistakes in this match and last week with superb run....bit like Nangusa of MHL really.....fantastic speedy runner but crap in defence!!

Don't agree with that call on Giteau - RM player purposefully ran in to Giteau who was trying to stop/turn around.

Karma prevails, though, and the penalty misses.

Don't agree with that call on Giteau - RM player purposefully ran in to Giteau who was trying to stop/turn around.

One of many bad calls from the officials.....not just the ref!

Agree, RM Winger with a fantastic dive.

Ah cracking officiating there, at least the correct decision was made in the end.

That's what happens when you don't put trust in your best kicker, Wisniewski.

Matt Giteau knows all about Karma, watch this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3qSG6IaBmfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

What chance Giteau at 10 next week against Clermont and JW on bench................presuming they hold on to win of course?

Not sure they deserved it.......but they are through and I got both predictions completely wrong!!! Not an unusual thing for me.....................!!

What chance Giteau at 10 next week against Clermont and JW on bench................presuming they hold on to win of course?
I don't think so - I thought Wilkinson had a good game other than goalkicking. I do, however, expect Giteau to be first choice kicker next time round.