JJFlash

Bench Player
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulouse
Racing 92 v Stade toulousain 20:45 Saturday 11/06

Montpellier Hérault Rugby v Castres Olympique 16:15 Sunday 12/06

OK, so who's going to be in the semi finals?

The easier match to predict is surely in Montpellier, where Castres will find it tough , although far from impossible to win, and they should not be underestimated.

However, Racing v Toulouse could be a very close match. The teams will be announced shortly and with regard to Racing, will Carter play and if not, will he be missed, because Goosen has apparently, been in sparkling form and Toulouse must be aware of him. Toulouse are on the up and I believe, and of course would like them to win, but it won't be by many.

So for me, Montpellier by 10 and Toulouse by 3!

- - - Updated - - -

The Toulouse players:

KAKOVIN FLYNN JOHNSTON; MAESTRI TEKORI; DUSAUTOIR HARINORDOQUY PICAMOLES; BEZY MCALISTER; PEREZ FRITZ FICKOU CLERC; MEDARD

Reps: TOLOFUA STEENKAMP LAMBOLEY GRAY GALAN DOUSSAIN DAVID ALDEGHERI

Yes, this team could certainly win, although I'm disappointed not to see Toby Flood on the bench, or indeed starting at 10, as I'm not a great fan of McAllister.

Last edited:
KAKOVIN FLYNN JOHNSTON; MAESTRI TEKORI; DUSAUTOIR HARINORDOQUY PICAMOLES; BEZY MCALISTER; PEREZ FRITZ FICKOU CLERC; MEDARD

Reps: TOLOFUA STEENKAMP LAMBOLEY GRAY GALAN DOUSSAIN DAVID ALDEGHERI

I don't see this team beating Racing on their homeground. The parisians have made the CC final and have been on a roll virtually all season. Odds are against us - 75% of teams with home barrage end up with a win.

This is as far as we can go IMO this season given the age profile of our squad and let's not forget we have a new head coach and DOR as well as 11 kids in the squad. So 5th place is a good result and fits in with the club's objective. We can't expect much more. I hope we give them a game to remember and they get to the semi on one leg!!

I don't see this team beating Racing on their homeground. The parisians have made the CC final and have been on a roll virtually all season. Odds are against us - 75% of teams with home barrage end up with a win.

This is as far as we can go IMO this season given the age profile of our squad and let's not forget we have a new head coach and DOR as well as 11 kids in the squad. So 5th place is a good result and fits in with the club's objective. We can't expect much more. I hope we give them a game to remember and they get to the semi on one leg!!

OK, so the odds may be against an ST win, and don't ask me why, but I've a feeling (call it wishful thinking if you like!) that they may pull it off.
Everything you say is correct, but this is a one off match and the unexpected could happen!

OK, so the odds may be against an ST win, and don't ask me why, but I've a feeling (call it wishful thinking if you like!) that they may pull it off.
Everything you say is correct, but this is a one off match and the unexpected could happen!

Pressure will be on Racing. They're at home. They've signed half the planet. Teams ahead of us have made huge recruitment and have to justify the money spent - not all will be able to as there is only one Brennus!

Next season will be a different story with a golden generation retiring and a few leaving. Will clear the air out and make room for the next generation which from what I can tell is already knocking on the door to be let in.

todays other barrrrage match Montpellier v Racing Metro ko 16.15

Montpelllier
Le XV de départ
: Fall ; Nagusa, Tuitavake, Steyn, Mogg ; (o) Catrakilis, (m) Paillaugue ; Qera, Spies, Ouedraogo ; Willemse, Jac Du Plessis ; Kubriashvili, B. Du Plessis, Nariashvili.

Remmplaçants : Ivaldi, Watremez, Tchale Watchou, Galletier, White, Lucas, O'Connor, Jan. Du Plessis.

CASTRES.......

Le XV de départ: Palis ; Sivivatu, Combezou, Lamerat, Smith ; Urdapilleta (o), Kockott (m) ; Tulou, Fa'asalele, Bias ; Capo Ortega (c), Gray ; Whiongi, Mach, Tichit
Les remplaçants: Rallier, Lazar, Samson, Babillot, Seron, Dumora, Wulf, Sione

Last night's game saw Racing Metro beat Toulouse 21-16. tight game and Racing probably just about deserved their win, Toulouse gave away far too many penalties in the first half and Carter duely punished their errant ways, but they did score the only try of te game by Fickou.

Cannot see SA veterans stuffing this one up like the youth team did yesterday.......

Cannot see SA veterans stuffing this one up like the youth team did yesterday.......

Indeed, no! All they have to do now is to see off Toulon to book their place in Barcelona, and I hope they do it!

not had time for crowing, yesterday immense i had 70 journos, written press radio and tele, in the press stand and interviews galore post match wih Canal+ up first but all worked out ok was on my own so saw very little of the game will try and watch it today, did see the after match punch up, not great but the ref was hopeless and lost control early on he is rubbish Cardona, so we need rest which they are giving to the players this week and Toulon on Sat evening, this has all been a little whirlwind and i also will be glad when its all over on June 24th, holding the Bouclier i hope but thats another story.