• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Baby in arms at the world cup

ttbus

Academy Player
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've got tickets for SA vs Japan in Brighton. I went to the Champions Cup final this year at Twickenham with my son, who was 2 weeks old then, and I didn't need a ticket. I naively assumed rules were the same for the world cup. How wrong was I. I just found out I need a ticket for him, even if he's 5 month old and I'll be carrying him in my arms. Problem is, it's not possible to buy a child ticket separately, it needs to be bought with an adult ticket. the RWC hotline was not really helpful and I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas? I'm tempted to just rock up to the stadium see if I can get a ticket there but that's a bit risky... Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Or any ideas where I could find a child ticket? Thanks

How completely ridiculous! I got my SA vs Japan tickets from an online ticketing service (at 2.5X the face value mind you), they may do childrens tickets.

Honestly charging for a baby held in arms is crap by the RWC.

Shirrty rule, I agree.

Sorry to not offer anything constructive - but Brighton/Hove is a pretty friendly town (remarkably so by British standards) so the possibility of the stewards/stadium staff being accommodating is as high there as anywhere in the country, you'd have to imagine.
Perhaps try getting in touch with the stadium booking office?

Thank you, might try and do that.

Shirrty rule, I agree.

Sorry to not offer anything constructive - but Brighton/Hove is a pretty friendly town (remarkably so by British standards) so the possibility of the stewards/stadium staff being accommodating is as high there as anywhere in the country, you'd have to imagine.
Perhaps try getting in touch with the stadium booking office?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks ZeroTwo, I tried one of those online ticketing websites and the minimum price is £90 for an CATD adult ticket. Ouch.
I guess I could wear a fat suit and hide my son in it :)

I have the same thing, can't take my 3 month old to any of the games I've spent a total of £800 on!

But then I expect this after being charged a fortune for the tickets and a million pounds for a World Cup England shirt.

I have the same thing, can't take my 3 month old to any of the games I've spent a total of £800 on!

But then I expect this after being charged a fortune for the tickets and a million pounds for a World Cup England shirt.

Why on earth would you want to??

Why on earth would you want to??

Presumably in an attempt to mar other people who have paid similar sums of money's experience and to try to upset the child with the loud noise, fireworks, etc!

Jesus, I'd hate if there was a baby sat beside me at a match. It's loud and long with variable weather, the baby isn't going to have a good time and that's going to make sure the people around the baby don't have a good time either. Don't bring the kid.

I'm not sure why considering other people and putting their needs above my own makes me small minded, but fair enough.

Agreed! Why put such a young child through such an experience? Makes no sense other than some sort of perverted sense of being able to say my child was there! Take a picture and say you could have been there but you were just too young to be put through it..............

I'm not sure why considering other people and putting their needs above my own makes me small minded, but fair enough.

So my son would what, ruin the peace and quiet of a rugby game?

Would be louder than the drunks at a game?

Would bother you because what?

So your totally quiet during a game then?

Your views are not thought through at all

That is shocking!

Mate I would just turn up, no steward is going to turn you away because your going to be carrying a 5 month old child..

Seriously just go on the day, they'll let you in..

So my son would what, ruin the peace and quiet of a rugby game?

Would be louder than the drunks at a game?

Would bother you because what?

So your totally quiet during a game then?

Your views are not thought through at all

They had this discussion on 5 Live; a woman wanted to take her 2 month old to Twickenham, again she complained that she had to pay for a ticket for her baby attending. Got to say that I don't understand why you would want to take a baby that young to a game? 4-5 year olds have an attention span of 10 minutes, if that, before they switch off and start running around. Is taking your son for your benefit or your son's? Or can you really not find someone to look after your new born, whilst you're at the matches? Your son will have no appreciation of the game and will likely be disturbed by sudden cheering and shouting. People round you will be ****** off, your son will likely be crying his lungs out, which will stress you and your wife/partner out. How can you enjoy the match?

Why bring a baby, a magical and extraordinay creature who learns, absorbs everything and has brand new organs much more sensible than ours to a place with drunk, loud, bad smelling and probably even violent people? You realise the silence after those questions?

My son would what, ruin the peace and quiet of a rugby game? -----> why take a baby to a loud place?
Would be louder than the louds at the game? -------> SERIOUSLY? Wow

Why bring a baby, a magical and extraordinay creature who learns, absorbs everything and has brand new organs much more sensible than ours to a place with drunk, loud, bad smelling and probably even violent people? You realise the silence after those questions?

My son would what, ruin the peace and quiet of a rugby game? -----> why take a baby to a loud place?
Would be louder than the louds at the game? -------> SERIOUSLY? Wow

Whilst I find the idea of taking a baby to a match anathema, I think you may not be aware that, out of Argentina, most rugby matches are not attended by "bad smelling and probably violent people"!

In fact it is probably the best sport for such a baptism if the parents are stupid enough or desperate enough to take a baby!!!!

Whilst I find the idea of taking a baby to a match anathema, I think you may not be aware that out of Argentina, most rugby matches are not attended by bad smelling and probably violent people!

In fact it is probably the best sport for such a baptism if the parents are stupid enough or desperate enough to take a baby!!!!
Cricket is probably slightly better.

Latest posts