• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Antisocial, societal issues thread

Ok I am making a distinction. BBC are lumping them together which they are not. It's not that they are not legal - they are not being ridden legally.
I hope you get your knockers just as twisted every time anyone anywhere refers to a motorbike as a bike.
The implication of your words was absolutely "electric motorbikes / surron bikes are illegal" - whether it's what you intended or not - it's how your words read.
Take a chill, and look at the words used
"E-motorbikes or Surron bikes. Not legal." vs "Electric motorbikes are absolutely legal"

I would be careful when it comes to disabilities. Not all disabilities are physical or obvious.
100% this.
If asking "Am I the bad guy" - the driver parking inconsiderately near a school at school drop-off time; or the person bullying the mother of a disabled child, and then boasting about it online... You might not get the answer you're looking for.

Please note - I've got nothing against you, or most of your posts in this thread. But one is a slightly pedantic thing blown out of proportion, and the other is an absolutely terrible look.

I think it started as a dig at white middle class American women who are seen as entitled and demanding.

There's a counter argument that is mainly used by men to shut down women or be derogatory to women. I can't think what the male equivalent is.

I hope you get your knockers just as twisted every time anyone anywhere refers to a motorbike as a bike.
The implication of your words was absolutely "electric motorbikes / surron bikes are illegal" - whether it's what you intended or not - it's how your words read.
Take a chill, and look at the words used
"E-motorbikes or Surron bikes. Not legal." vs "Electric motorbikes are absolutely legal"
To be honest not sure what point you're try to make? I think you're the one being pedantic about them being legal. They are only legal if used on private land with the permission of the land owner. They are clearly not used and being used antisocially.

Caught one yesterday riding his on the pavement and using his mobile phone. Not a care in the world. Reported it to the police who only said - oh we'll log it to our anti social team.

100% this.
If asking "Am I the bad guy" - the driver parking inconsiderately near a school at school drop-off time; or the person bullying the mother of a disabled child, and then boasting about it online... You might not get the answer you're looking for.

Please note - I've got nothing against you, or most of your posts in this thread. But one is a slightly pedantic thing blown out of proportion, and the other is an absolutely terrible look.
Again as I said - she was lying. But she's
Just an example of one of many in society. She's using her child as an excuse and not thinking of others who use that dropped kerb. What about a blind person who wants to cross?

There was a perfectly good space behind where she parked but again she lied.

I am not boasting about it or being pedantic because as a society we tolerate these incidents. They are classic deflective behaviour to absolve themselves from anti-social self centred behaviour .

I think it started as a dig at white middle class American women who are seen as entitled and demanding.

There's a counter argument that is mainly used by men to shut down women or be derogatory to women. I can't think what the male equivalent is.
A Nigel ;)

A Karen is someone entitled woman usually is a customer service environment, my mother-in-law is definitely one. Its been overused to loose its meaning.

Latest posts