• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks V Wallabies, Hong Kong, October 30th

England perform better against New Zealand than Ireland do, usually. It's not really a case of which team's better, more which team poses a threat to New Zealand.

Why do people rate England higher then Ireland?

England have beaten us before, It may have been 2 world cups ago but it still stings. The Irish perform well against other countries but respect is earned.
Besides that England just appear to have a better squad right now.

Ok good point about beating them in the past but we have a better squad at the moment, i think it's the best we have had in a long time.

I am amazed how some people can say that SBW will cope well against some of the northern hemisphere sides. This is a guy who has only played Top14 and ITM Cup rugby. Neither competitions come close to International rugby or even the Heineken Cup. SBW has a hell of a lot of talent, but has only produced it against club sides. What is going to happen when he comes up against defensive hardened international sides - remember his defense wasn't the best in the ITM Cup and he was clearly out of position a good few times. To say that SBW will be fine against players like O'Driscoll (109 caps), Hook (43 caps) etc. is an offence to those players.

He was a superstar in the NRl by what like 21 or something, which imo should count for something if it seems like he's capable of transferring it to rugby.

He will be fine against Hook and O'Driscoll, he will probably shame them the same way he shamed Umaga

I am amazed how some people can say that SBW will cope well against some of the northern hemisphere sides. This is a guy who has only played Top14 and ITM Cup rugby. Neither competitions come close to International rugby or even the Heineken Cup. SBW has a hell of a lot of talent, but has only produced it against club sides. What is going to happen when he comes up against defensive hardened international sides - remember his defense wasn't the best in the ITM Cup and he was clearly out of position a good few times. To say that SBW will be fine against players like O'Driscoll (109 caps), Hook (43 caps) etc. is an offence to those players.
Don't let Dizzy see that, he's going to tear you a new one :p

Anyone know when the teams for this match get announced? Thursdayish i presume?

England have beaten us before, It may have been 2 world cups ago but it still stings. The Irish perform well against other countries but respect is earned.
Besides that England just appear to have a better squad right now.

More than two actually. England have never beaten the All Blacks in a world cup.

He was a superstar in the NRl by what like 21 or something, which imo should count for something if it seems like he's capable of transferring it to rugby.

He will be fine against Hook and O'Driscoll, he will probably shame them the same way he shamed Umaga

The important part there is in the NRL, not rugby union. The two sports are completely different and most players who go from league to union don't make it, only a few have - namely Jason Robinson and Tana Umaga, oh and Brad Thorn. Saying that he will shame them is utter rubbish.

The last time BOD played against Umaga for more then 2 or so minutes BOD was in charge.

Ahh i was hoping that it would just be left alone i didn't want to bring it up i knew what would happen let's just hope it doesn't.

Ahh i was hoping that it would just be left alone i didn't want to bring it up i knew what would happen let's just hope it doesn't.

Yes, let's not bring that up again ... I think the original reference was to how SBW supposedly "shamed" Umaga in the ITM cup game between Canterbury and Counties, and how SBW is supposedly going to do that to BOD

SBW didn't "shame" Umaga, that's a ridiculous statement.

Totally agree ... not long now (hopefully) until we see what SBW can do at international level ... the ABs are named on Thursday, New Zealand time

Hey, don't get ahead of yourself now woody, the 37 year old Umaga put up quite a challenge against SBW, sure he got passed Umaga to score but the way I look at it [because im biased] Umaga still tackled him so he didn't quite beat Umaga, although Umaga beat SBW a couple of times in that game.

Don't let Dizzy see that, he's going to tear you a new one :p

I see the funny side in this and I see, I don't have to go over the top in defense... :D

SBW didn't "shame" Umaga, that's a ridiculous statement.

Sure is!.. :D

The last time BOD played against Umaga for more then 2 or so minutes BOD was in charge.

Was this when you were playing Rugby 08 as Ireland against the Hurricanes or something?

Totally agree ... not long now (hopefully) until we see what SBW can do at international level ... the ABs are named on Thursday, New Zealand time

Yeah and I can't wait... I really hope Dizzy Bill Williams is named on the bench... hahaha

Or the way Jamie Roberts and Casey Laulala shamed him in the Amlin? :p

The important part there is in the NRL, not rugby union. The two sports are completely different and most players who go from league to union don't make it, only a few have - namely Jason Robinson and Tana Umaga, oh and Brad Thorn. Saying that he will shame them is utter rubbish.
There are a few pretty successful Australians you've left out. Either way that is exactly the point, some can't transfer it but SBW looks like he can thats why his NRL success is meaningful. The best coach in the world thought so and all the signs point to him being right.
It's not ridiculous saying he will carve up players he's way bigger, stronger and faster than, this is rugby after all.

Or the way Jamie Roberts and Casey Laulala shamed him in the Amlin? :p
He hadn't learned how to play rugby yet and was only in it for the money like all the other kiwis that go to play club rugby in the NH

Latest posts