• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Gotta love Cameron resigning from shadow cabinet so Lammy can be held to account properly. Nothing like Tory Double Standards.

Reading up on Starmer's meetings with the devolved governments, it definitely seems like all the Conservatives did was antagonise and made little effort to work with them. Almost all of them have spoken about Starmer being very different and looking at working with them properly.

This is the honeymoon period don't forget. Everything is new. With a 174 seat majority though let's see how he evolves in the role in the next 4/5 years.

I stil don't know what Rees-Mogg delivered as a Government minister. He was leader of the house for a while which meant he was able to stand up and spout quotes from Erskine May but what did he do as Business secretary?

I read a while back that profits in his private investment company mysteriously halved after he left Liz Truss' cabinet and that he has since closed the company down. Not at all suspicious.

Reading up on Starmer's meetings with the devolved governments, it definitely seems like all the Conservatives did was antagonise and made little effort to work with them. Almost all of them have spoken about Starmer being very different and looking at working with them properly.
Famously the SNP weren't responsible for that at all in Scotland. Really good administration and famous for their bipartisanship.

Realistically though, they're all on the left, which inherently makes that relationship easier. If they were all centre right govts, Starmer would be having the same problem that previous govt did

Famously the SNP weren't responsible for that at all in Scotland. Really good administration and famous for their bipartisanship.

Realistically though, they're all on the left, which inherently makes that relationship easier. If they were all centre right govts, Starmer would be having the same problem that previous govt did
Yeah...disagree there. Even the DUP sounded positive coming out of the meeting, when under the Tories all there was was stalemates. I'm not saying everything is magically better, but already we have a more professional government that is willing to compromise more and work together far more than anything under the Tories. The Tories were just in it for themselves and if they couldn't frame it as a win for themselves, they weren't interested. I'm sure the SNP weren't easy to work with, but it's ridiculous to suggest that the problem was because the Tories were on the right and so it was the SNP who didn't want to work with them. It takes two to tango and the Conservatives were never interested in sharing credit.

Yeah...disagree there. Even the DUP sounded positive coming out of the meeting, when under the Tories all there was was stalemates. I'm not saying everything is magically better, but already we have a more professional government that is willing to compromise more and work together far more than anything under the Tories. The Tories were just in it for themselves and if they couldn't frame it as a win for themselves, they weren't interested. I'm sure the SNP weren't easy to work with, but it's ridiculous to suggest that the problem was because the Tories were on the right and so it was the SNP who didn't want to work with them. It takes two to tango and the Conservatives were never interested in sharing credit.
I think it's probably a lot easier to work with both Wales and Scotland now that the majority of Mp's are Labour and they the prominent party. Ultimately Starmer is there boss.

One the of aims of both the SNP and Labour was to remove the Tory government. So not exactly conductive to a good working environment on both sides. I hope Starmer can improve all the devolved nations, only time will tell.

The Tories weren't great for Scotland or Wales. I don't think the SNP have been particularly great for Scotland either.

I think it's probably a lot easier to work with both Wales and Scotland now that the majority of Mp's are Labour and they the prominent party. Ultimately Starmer is there boss.

One the of aims of both the SNP and Labour was to remove the Tory government. So not exactly conductive to a good working environment on both sides. I hope Starmer can improve all the devolved nations, only time will tell.

The Tories weren't great for Scotland or Wales. I don't think the SNP have been particularly great for Scotland either.
Considering the previous prime minster had video about him bragging about taking money out of deprived areas because they were Labour seats it doesn't take much to improve....

And, apparently, the Tories lost because the liberals took control of the Conservative party (despite having been deselected ahead of 2019) and governed as liberals (as shown by the compleye absence of people like Braverman, Battenoch, Patel, JRM, Truss etc from positions of authority).
The answer, of course, is to eject the liberals (again), and be even bigger c***s.

In other news, that AI candidate for Reform has done an interview to prove that he's real. Apparently, he used that picture because he wanted his Reform pic to be wearing a Reform coloured tie, so rather than... buying a tie, or using photoshop to change the colour of a tie, he DID use an AI image of... someone who looks nothing remotely like him. Of course, he's no idea why anyone would think that a candidate with an obviously AI image, no social media presence, and who doesn't turn up to any hustings, or results, or anything whatsoever, might be fake.

I've an American friend who's doing heroic work of actually reading the project 2025 stuff, bit by bit, initially because shw wasnt bwkiwving reporting on it.

She's obviously up to the childcare provisions bit.
Yesterday's highligh was: all contraception to be banned (condoms are murder folks).
Today's is: all children under 18 who are donor conceived and don't live in a male-female parent situation will be removed and placed into foster care.

The whole thing seems to be "kill the Taliban, steal their ideas, dial them up to 12, winning"

Latest posts