• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

COVID law breaking hypocrite and gobby ego Kay Burley is anchoring the evening segment on Sky news unfortunately otherwise I have watched it there as I like Rigby & Coates. CH4 it is and I will digest the Dorries content for comedy value.
Didn't Rigby break COVID laws as well?

Who else is looking forward to Sunak's resignation speech tomorrow?
There isn't any part of the next 24 hours I'm not looking forward to.

Oh wait yeah Reform winning seats, Jonathan Pie joked there was only 1 Tory seat he'd wish stayed and would vote tactically for tory in Clacton and then proceeded to vomit ;)

Didn't Rigby break COVID laws as well?

Yes but Burley was far more judgemental and critical of law breaking politicians until she herself got caught. From what I read she's a bit of a bully behind the scenes and the key instigator to the law breaking which is why she got a longer ban than Rigby. She is also IMO far more annoying.

Last edited:
Yes but Burley was far more judgemental and critical of law breaking politicians until she herself got caught. From what I read she's a bit of a bully behind the scenes and the key instigator to the law breaking which is why she got a longer ban than Rigby. She is also IMO far more annoying.
Burley by name, Surly by nature

The real question is which channel to watch Kuenssberg means the BBC is out and I'm not watching Osbourne on ITV either.

Sky News probably best bet but Channel 4 has Emily Maitlis, Alistair Campbell, Rory Stewart along with Krishnan Guru-Murthy and Cathy Newman but Nadine Dorries....
GB news obviously, for a fair and impartial analysis.

GB news obviously, for a fair and impartial analysis.

That and a selection of right wing Tories who will flat out refuse to accept that the public's verdict relates to anything they've said or done. They will instead blame others within their own party rather than promising to listen, reflect and change which is what a losing major political party should do after getting their arses handed to them.

Edit: Plus Farage winning in Clacton

Last edited:
He said he's staying as Leader regardless
That would be pretty amazing if he did. Depending on how many seats the Tories lose, will he have the support of the remaining MPs. Especially if they are some of the more right wing, I reckon they'll have a 'conversation' about him resigning.

He said he's staying as Leader regardless

I saw him get asked if he intends to stay the full term as an MP as opposed to leader. Not a big surprise when he said he would (not sure what else he can say while fighting an election) but I would imagine he'll be off to California as soon as the Tories have picked a new leader.

Yeh, alot can change especially after a general Election result. I can't see how he can stay as leader if it turns out to be as bad as the polls suggest.

Just a warning Re: Drinking games.

The tories are expected to lose a couple of hundred seats, possibly even as high as 288.
If someone is expecting to take a shot for every tory loss; you'd be expecting to drink a dozen (and up to 17) bottles of spirits.
Even a game involving a finger of beer could be drinking 2-dozen pints... in 7 hours.

Is someone suggests making a drinking game of things tonight, they may be trying to kill you.

The tories are expected to lose a couple of hundred seats, possibly even as high as 288.
If someone is expecting to take a shot for every tory loss; you'd be expecting to drink a dozen (and up to 17) bottles of spirits.
Even a game involving a finger of beer could be drinking 2-dozen pints... in 7 hours.

Is someone suggests making a drinking game of things tonight, they may be trying to kill you.
Yeah we discussed it as a family, I explained the math we decided it was a silly idea.

Never realised you were American.
Could probably survive that on(mass produced) American beer
Have you seen the alcohol rating of their craft stuff 😳

I unfortunately due to work have incorporated a little American/Canadian into my vocab.

More if you're King Charles.

Latest posts