• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Tories "party of family values" now attacking Starmer because he said he'd still like to be able to sign out and spend time with his family when PM. They really have finished scraping the bottom of the barrel, they have scraped right through it and are now making their way through bedrock...

This isn't even policy differences any more, I want these scummy ******** gone. I don't disagree with the Tories now, I actively despise them.

Last edited:
Equally you're relying on everyone in a position of power saying Yes. Willingly and blindly following orders. Especially on a military and law enforcement level.
You don't have to descend too far down the order to find people either stupid enough to be easily led or wicked enough to willingly do the leading.

All it needs is one team of dumbfucks fed a pack of lies and/or half-truths by a few puppet masters and hey presto - dirty work done - and now there is every chance they'd all get away with it.

Tories "party of family values" now attacking Starmer because he said he'd still like to be able to sign out and spend time with his family when PM. They really have finished scraping the bottom of the barrel, they have scraped right through it and are now making their way through bedrock...

This isn't even policy differences any more, I want these scummy ******** gone. I don't disagree with the Tories now, I actively despise them.

Lets not forget actual part time PM Johnson

Starmer just mentioned he wanted to when he could leave a block in his calendar for family time. He'll likely rarely get it but if he doesn't intend to try he never will.

Lets not forget actual part time PM Johnson

Starmer just mentioned he wanted to when he could leave a block in his calendar for family time. He'll likely rarely get it but if he doesn't intend to try he never will.

Speak of the devil. I guess it was inevitable he gets wheeled out on the final day of campaigning. Mr Electoral stardust himself aka the country's biggest snake oil salesman / party animal.

As soon as the Tories are within a sniff of gaining power again I fully expect him to emerge from the political wilderness and stab whoever is leader at the time in the back.

Speak of the devil. I guess it was inevitable he gets wheeled out on the final day of campaigning. Mr Electoral stardust himself aka the country's biggest snake oil salesman / party animal.

As soon as the Tories are within a sniff of gaining power again I fully expect him to emerge from the political wilderness and stab whoever is leader at the time in the back.
Is he actually stardust anymore? His approval ratings went into freewill over partygate. And apart from die hards who vote blue anyway I don't think he's winning voters.

Seen reports that Labour have given up on their candidate in Clacton, not that it'll make much difference - would need all Labour voters to vote Conservative (which they won't) to beat the Reform prediction

Is he actually stardust anymore? His approval ratings went into freewill over partygate. And apart from die hards who vote blue anyway I don't think he's winning voters.

Tongue in cheek. I heard Rees-Mogg once describe him as having it. It still wouldn't surprise me if he attempts a comeback one day especially after his 'hasta la vista baby' remark in his leaving speech.

I think he still has his supporters and they think the whole partygate was media making a mountain out of molehill. Plus peeps' memories (not those whose friends and relatives died during Covid) can be very short. As Cameron showed there's always a way back even if it is via the Lords on some future Conservative govt.

Still not sure whether to vote tactically or not...

My area is so heavily Conservative that they won 64% of the vote last time. Polling data suggests that's dropped to around 40%, but would still be enough to win as Labour are mid-low 30s. If it did go Labour it would probably be one of the biggest upsets of the day.

Do I vote tactically regardless in the faint hope that Labour pull of a miracle or shall I vote based on my beliefs?

Still not sure whether to vote tactically or not...

My area is so heavily Conservative that they won 64% of the vote last time. Polling data suggests that's dropped to around 40%, but would still be enough to win as Labour are mid-low 30s. If it did go Labour it would probably be one of the biggest upsets of the day.

Do I vote tactically regardless in the faint hope that Labour pull of a miracle or shall I vote based on my beliefs?
Destroy the Tories get Ed Davey as leader of opposition real chance of overton window change.

Same here in my area - Conservative MP won 60% and got around 21k majority last time around.

Not seen him put any leaflets or any canvassers before but this time I've received that pathetic letter and a leaflet pushing to vote for him. Must be feeling the heat?! I can't see it myself - This area has been Conservative for over 30 years.

I say vote according to your beliefs. You can only be in charge of your vote unless there is a real chance that voting tactically to get rid of the Tory MP will have an impact.

Personally I will vote Lib Dem again. No chance of getting in but at least I have used my vote to
Best of my beliefs.

It would be amazing and fully deserved if the Tories became the third party with Braverman or whoever becoming a no mark at PMQs and hardly getting any airtime from the speaker.

Last YouGov MRP poll out soon. Braverman will no doubt frame tomorrow's walloping as a rejection of Sunak but for me it's a blanket rejection of 14 years of Brexit chaos/failures, Partygate, BoJo, Trusseconomics, Braverman and Sunak.

Last edited:
Yep, voter fatigue of the Conservatives is likely the biggest factor. Just like after 13 years of Labour and then prior to that 18 years of Tories.

Reform seem to be trying hard to win in my constituency. Never been anything but Tory, so clearly hoping it's the far right / massively anti immigrant type

Where i am - East Cambs is Tory possible swing to Lib Dem.
South Cambs - Tory likely to Lib Dem.
Cambs City - Labour - Labour.

Latest posts