• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

There will no doubt be a case of people spinning this as labour only winning because reform took a chunk of the right wing vote whilst completely ignoring the fact the Tories have benefited from a split left wing vote and no right wing competition for decades.

Imo the commons should be elected by single transferable vote and the lords replaced with a proportional representation body.

What's the betting Reform get more coverage than the Lib Dems who have 17 times more seats than them?

Just seen that's a shocking vote share for Labour even my pre election polls. At 34%

What killed thier turnout forgone conclusions? It's like a 7% drop with none of the other parties getting more than predicted. So others ie independents must be at like 7%

Jess Philips won but the workers party supporters where horrible. Apparently the campaign has been disgusting. Shows what kind of people are attracted to Galloway
Sounds about right her and Rayner get a lot of stick for being women with regional accents.

Great to see Lib Dems and Green beating the exit polls, and Reform losing (for now at least)

Ladywood stays Labour - close run thing, but sense just about won out in the end

What's the betting Reform get more coverage than the Lib Dems who have 17 times more seats than them?
Given the recent scandals, quite high. Apparently Truss acted like a petulant child when she lost and didn't show any sort of decorum.

Last edited:
Just seen that's a shocking vote share for Labour even my pre election polls. At 34%
A sad indictment of FPTP system giving them over 60% of the seats.

Turnout was only 60%. That is a shockingly low figure showing voter disengagement.

Last edited:
Given the recent scandals, quite high. Apparently Truss acted like a petulant child when she lost and didn't show any sort of decorum.

No surprise there. It still annoys me greatly that she enjoys ex-PM benefits presumably funded by the taxpayer. Spreading conspiracy theories while speaking at republican rallies across the pond has shown her to be a classless self serving mercenary.

I'm pretty happy with the overall outcome although I still think it highlights that FPTP is a **** system that isn't fit for purpose.

Don't think Labour will get much of a honeymoon period and many fickle/uninformed voters will happily switch back to Tory or SNP if things don't improve by the end of this new term.

Last edited:

What killed thier turnout forgone conclusions? It's like a 7% drop with none of the other parties getting more than predicted. So others ie independents must be at like 7%
Lowest turnout in 20 years it feels like everyone knew Labour was gonna win a landslide
Literally all the pre election talk was this vote deciding the opposition

Independent and Green would've picked up a few, Green Party picked up an extra 1 million most likely because of people who wanted to protest labour for not being left enough and that they could afford to do it.
Lib Dem's def benefited from it as well

Latest posts