• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A bit of hope? Rugby 09

They don't, but they are a pleasant extra, and there is a line to be toed, we are allowed to expect something better than 08 graphicwise. As well as you know, the whole host of **** gameplay-wise too.

Well whatever comes out I highly doubt it will be using a next gen engine. If you look on the hb-studios website they are devoted to making games for the PS2 and Wii.

Graphics im not bothered about. It could look like ISS Pro Evolution on the PS1 for all I care, but as long as it plays well and has that replayability factor I would love it.

Im hoping that I will get a massive suprise when the next installment comes out like I did with Fifa 08 on next gen. Something polished, totally new and addictive to play.

Sorry to give you a short arm, but I too was sucked into that last year when looking up the newest release of rugby. It was put in in error basically just following the seccesion of years guessing that there would be and 09 like with the NFl. I read today that the reason there is no 09 is that the ELVs have not been finalized and there for they dont want to update for the ELVs and then have the game be outdated when the ELVs fall out of favor. I am hopeful they have everything done except for the game play with or without ELVs and once the IRB finalizes things we get Rugby 2010 but I fear the will wait for the World Cup Addition.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scrumit2 @ May 13 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I read today that the reason there is no 09 is that the ELVs have not been finalized and there for they dont want to update for the ELVs and then have the game be outdated when the ELVs fall out of favor.[/b]

Where did you read this?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (best_fullback @ May 12 2009, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scrumit2 @ May 13 2009, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read today that the reason there is no 09 is that the ELVs have not been finalized and there for they dont want to update for the ELVs and then have the game be outdated when the ELVs fall out of favor.[/b]

Where did you read this?
[/b][/quote]

I look for the New Release Monthly (hopeful for a Wii version or at worst a new pc version) and today I read a post on the uk ea sports forum.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 14 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Since when have EA ever cared about rules?[/b]
They were correct in 06, as far as I can recall.
And, if I recall further, the rest of their sports games have the correct rules.

They were correct down to a 'T', but one flaw was that after full-time or half-time the ball had to actually leave the field of play before the game was deemed to be over. You could knock it on as many times as you wanted and still play on until it was kicked out or you scored.

my cousin (who i wouldn't consider a reliable source) said he heard Rugby 10 is coming out in september on ps3?

Any truth in this?

i knew it was too good to be true, which is why i didn't get my hopes up when he told me..

Just emailed EA UK because im fed up of waiting with no information about the game. Don't know if anyone else has before but I thought I would see what they say.

Here is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

I am sorry but currently we have no information about a new Rugby game being under development. We recommend that you keep visiting the official site for the particular game in question. Official sites offer exciting features such as tips & hints, downloads, message boards, various languages, tentative release dates, newsletters, as well as support.

The official site for each "current" EA ***le may be found at either http://easports.ea.com/ (for sports ***les) or at http://eagames.ea.com/ (for all other ***les). Also, for a complete list of games available through EA.com, please visit: http://www.ea.com/home/home.jsp?all#sort.

To provide EA with comments and suggestions on currently released or future scheduled ***les, please click on this link - http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php

Your feedback is greatly valuable to us and will be compiled and forwarded to the teams responsible for the specific ***le you've commented on. Please be advised that due to the volume of interest and feedback, we will not be able to personally respond to every email. However, please be assured that your comments and input will be routed to the appropriate team.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Thomas
EA Support Centre, UK and Ireland
http://electronicarts.co.uk
http://electronicarts.ie"

Looks like bad news. I also emailed hb-studios a few weeks back but they didn't even reply.

Shame really. Shows again that EA are willing to stop producing games that produce less profit and concentrate on FIFA, Madden, NBA etc.

Unfortunatly, it looks like we're going to have to wait until 2011 for the World Cup to bring a new game. *Sigh*

In the meantime, the Six Nations game on the BBc website is fun. I just discovered that yesterday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Jul 28 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Unfortunatly, it looks like we're going to have to wait until 2011 for the World Cup to bring a new game. *Sigh*

In the meantime, the Six Nations game on the BBc website is fun. I just discovered that yesterday.[/b]

That game has been keepinh me alive in school for ages :p

i think it would be great if ea made a rugby game for xbox 360 which had the same running and defense stuff as the madden nfl games.

The RUWC will bring about the next game, I'll be very surprised if there's one before.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (admartian @ Aug 12 2009, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A rugby game on the current Madden engine is a very exciting prospect. :D[/b]

I would seriously love a Rugby Game where throughout the tournament they track every players tackles/turnovers/linebreaks etc etc. Like a Career mode - and you could then use the statistics to pick an inform team for the Tri Nations etc etc (like with Madden where they choose the MVP's and make the All Star sides after each season etc)

we can always dream....

Latest posts