• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

6 nations champion?

It's advantage France, as they have England & Ireland at home. [/b]

home advantage could be key. Ireland are away to England and France. Makes it tough for a 6N win, especially considering they blew a better chance last season.

Exactly, I cant see France losing in Paris to England (especially after the World Cup) or Ireland. That allows them to slip on one of the potential Banaskins that await in Cardiff & Edinburgh.

Ireland look to be untroubled at home but I can't see them winning at Twickenham. While England have a potentially tricky trip to Murrayfield to negotiate.

1. England
2. Scotland
3. France
4. Italy
5. Wales
6. Ireland

thats gonna happen!

Great thread - lots of good opinions.

It may be the tightest championship of all time, and I predict Ireland to take it (though not the slam).

Reason: home advantage will keep every team in it until the last two rounds, but Irish experience - same quality players and same coach from the last four years - will overcome one unsettled squad on the road. I'm looking at you, England. Chances are there will be as many Tigers players on the Irish side as on the English - one apiece.

Anyway - if Scotland keep improving, Wales find a bit of grunt (not the Welsh Way, please), and Italy make the trip to Rome a standing nightmare for visitors, I'll be content.

And I pray the ping-pong strategy from the later stages of the RWC becomes a distant nightmare.

1. England
2. Scotland
3. France
4. Italy
5. Wales
6. Ireland

thats gonna happen!
[/b]

For once i wouldnt care if we were beaten by England if this is what it finishes as. :bana:

A Scot wants the English to win? Pure humiliation ...
[/b]

I dont want them to win, but if it meant we finished second then yes, i would take it. Its difficult watching Scotland watching every year, in general we have been the worst of the home nation since 99. Except 2002 and 2006.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

I dont want them to win, but if it meant we finished second then yes, i would take it. Its difficult watching Scotland watching every year, in general we have been the worst of the home nation since 99. Except 2002 and 2006. [/b][/quote]

It has been fairly obvious that Scotland has had the least resources of the home nations, but Hadden has done a good job building a good squad with spirit. Now that Glasgow and Edinburgh are on the up Scotland could continue to improve. Ultimately i think they are a little short on class in a few areas to win a trophy. The team that wins will show an edge somewhere, whether it is the well drilled forwards, the guile of O'Driscoll or some magical French flair. I don't see where Scotland will get that edge.

[/b]

It might even been a medical case...beetween deep depression and psychiatric pleasure-pain disorder :)

at the beginning i would of said either scotland or england, but now, well, the table speaks words, england were awfull against wals and even worse against italy, so france or wales for me.

1-France
2-England
3=-Wales/Ireland
5-Italy
6-Scotland, yussss another vooden spooooon

Joint 3rd?

That means Ireland and Wales not only have the same amount of wins, draws and losses, but the same points difference, points for and points against...doesn't it?
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Latest posts