• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 TRC] Argentina v Australia - 31/8/2024

OllyM97

Academy Player
1723991119315.png

Venue: Estadio Jorge Luis Hirschi, La Plata
Referee: James Doleman (New Zealand)

Creevy's last game.
What a run! I am relieved he managed to play against the all blacks the last two games. I always thought fortune had been incredibly cruel with him, making him an integral part of a generation that managed to beat the all blacks (for the first time and twice) but also making him miss those games.
Not sure whether it was Zeus, Ra, Inti, Odin, Lakshmi or Sucellus, but i am glad someone up there took the time to correct what otherwise would have been a great injustice.

all true connoisseurs aknowledge this match as the real treat of the RC, the cherry on top, where the sport of rugby develops all of its many qualities to perfection
I'd say Pumas will win, if anything due to being locals, but you never know.... maybe some rugby, but I predict it'll look like amateur league at some point for sure

for sure it'd be good to see the pumas win Creevy's last game. Maybe it would be nice to assess his international career, even if shortly and slightly off topic

The Pumas starting line-up

1-Thomas GALLO
2-Julián MONTOYA (cap)
3-Joel SCLAVI
4-Franco MOLINA
5-Pedro RUBIOLO
6-Pablo MATERA
7-Marcos KREMER
8-Juan Martín GONZALEZ

9-Gonzalo BERTRANOU
10-Santiago CARRERAS
11-Mateo CARRERAS
12-Santiago CHOCOBARES
13-Lucio CINTI
14-Santiago CORDERO
15-Juan Cruz MALLÍA

Reserves: 16-Agustín CREEVY, 17-Mayco VIVAS, 18-Eduardo BELLO, 19-Guido PETTI, 20-Tomás LAVANINI, 21-Santiago GRONDONA, 22- Lautaro BAZÁN VÉLEZ, 23-Tomás ALBORNOZ

I think the Pumas will put in a big performance for Creevy's last match. There will be plenty of emotion to fuel them and when Argentina get into that fired-up mode it invariably makes them play better. On paper they are a better side than the Wallabies so if they didn't win this it would be disappointing. Pumas by 15 points,

I'd like Argentina to show some consistency this year but that's probably asking too much.

They should at least beat this Australian team, one of the weakest ever, twice at home. Schmidt is a brilliant coach though. if anyone can turn it around for the Ozzies it's him.

Wallabies starting XV:

1. Angus Bell (29 Tests)
2. Matt Faessler (8 Tests)
3. Taniela Tupou (52 Tests)
4. Nick Frost (17 Tests)
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (34 Tests)
6. Rob Valetini (44 Tests)
7. Carlo Tizzano (2 Tests)
8. Harry Wilson (c) (15 Tests)
9. Jake Gordon (23 Tests)
10. Noah Lolesio (21 Tests)
11. Marika Koroibete (60 Tests)
12. Hamish Stewart *
13. Len Ikitau (31 Tests)
14. Andrew Kellaway (31 Tests)
15. Tom Wright (30 Tests)

16. Josh Nasser (4 Tests)
17. Isaac Kailea (4 Tests)
18. Allan Alaalatoa (72 Tests)
19. Jeremy Williams (4 Tests)
20. Langi Gleeson (6 Tests)
21. Tate McDermott (33 Tests)
22. Ben Donaldson (10 Tests)
23. Max Jorgensen (1 Test)

I'd like Argentina to show some consistency this year but that's probably asking too much.

They should at least beat this Australian team, one of the weakest ever, twice at home. Schmidt is a brilliant coach though. if anyone can turn it around for the Ozzies it's him.
With the Pumas you never know. On a good day, they can beat the ABs in NZ. On the other hand, they can lose against Italy at home lol

Creevy's last match for Argentina in his home town.

Hopefully he comes on and scores a couple.

What on Earth was that? Clear tackle in the air and then head contact on the player coming down… for both games this weekend did they just assign no TMOs?

am I the only one who thinks Argentina has been bad? maybe it's the weather but they are usually smoother than this.

Sooooo many knock ons,
You can forgive the Wallabies because....when do they ever see this weather there, but Argentina have no excuse

Doubt Creevy ever expected to see his career out playing flanker
Just 10 minutes for his final test match. A lack of respect from Contepomi. That's the reason why he's retiring, Contepomi doesn't like him and he knows it

am I the only one who thinks Argentina has been bad? maybe it's the weather but they are usually smoother than this.
Just the Pumas way. One day they can beat the ABs in NZ. Next day they can lose against Italy at home

Latest posts