• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Club Kits

460123227_10160654193193163_6103869591724117194_n.jpg

It's going to be Castore, isn't it :(

I really hope this isn't a thing. I doubt we'd get such quality designs if this would come to pass, nevermind the inevitable bias and infighting.

With any luck this is just a shonky bit of journalism.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to know what kind of deal clubs get out of it - couple of seasons back I remember a Q&A with someone from Sale and they said they don't get any money from sales of shirts but got a lump sum per season instead - which was by choice (clubs were offered "commission" or lump sum)

I'm not that fussed either way to be honest, so long as they've got some decent design staff and we don't end up with everyone wearing the same kit in different colours
Hopefully there'd be some discussion with fans as to what off field kit is on offer because that's severely lacking in rugby (or at least: at Sale).

I really hope this isn't a thing. I doubt we'd get such quality designs if this would come to pass, nevermind the inevitable bias and infighting.

With any luck this is just a shonky bit of journalism.
I actually think it will be a good idea, as long as the 'fee' is shared equally, including any profits from sales.
The NFL works that way, so the total profit is shared between every club, regardless of sales.

I actually think it will be a good idea, as long as the 'fee' is shared equally, including any profits from sales.
The NFL works that way, so the total profit is shared between every club, regardless of sales.
I think the revenue sharing from merchandise is a great idea in US sports. Do wonder how they got the better supported teams to sign up to it. It's like asking Manchester United to split revenue from shirt sales with Ipswich.

I think the prem teams will be too short sighted as to see the benefit for all as usual preferring the benefit of the themselves

Would be interesting to know what kind of deal clubs get out of it - couple of seasons back I remember a Q&A with someone from Sale and they said they don't get any money from sales of shirts but got a lump sum per season instead - which was by choice (clubs were offered "commission" or lump sum)

I'm not that fussed either way to be honest, so long as they've got some decent design staff and we don't end up with everyone wearing the same kit in different colours
Hopefully there'd be some discussion with fans as to what off field kit is on offer because that's severely lacking in rugby (or at least: at Sale).
if you look at any leagues that have joint deals....thats exactly what your going to get, templates with little tweaks, we had it for decades with adidas in super rugby

New Stormers home and away kits.

Home kit has the names of current and former Stormers players all over it. Overall I think it's a slight improvement for the home kit vs last year as I prefer our white hoops being solid like this vs the dna kit which had them fade out on the sides.

Away kit is an improvement on last year (which was someone attacking a black kit with psychedelic coloring pens and seeing what came out.) I like Table Mountain and the city skyline being represented on it

IMG_3497.jpeg

IMG_3498.jpeg

if you look at any leagues that have joint deals....thats exactly what your going to get, templates with little tweaks, we had it for decades with adidas in super rugby
at least now a league will have 4 templates with tweaks if they don't have a universal deal. Plus they always screw something up having to manufacture for a bunch of teams at once like Nike not being able to do green when they took over the NFL.

New Stormers home and away kits.

Home kit has the names of current and former Stormers players all over it. Overall I think it's a slight improvement for the home kit vs last year as I prefer our white hoops being solid like this vs the dna kit which had them fade out on the sides.

Away kit is an improvement on last year (which was someone attacking a black kit with psychedelic coloring pens and seeing what came out.) I like Table Mountain and the city skyline being represented on it
Still love my WP kit I got 6 years ago, so simple yet very distinctive. But again I love Arg kit so I may just know what I like.

If they made the away kit in a sponsor less training top I would 100% buy it.

Edit:

I have seen their training shops and my vacation will be cut short a couple nights this year.

I think the revenue sharing from merchandise is a great idea in US sports. Do wonder how they got the better supported teams to sign up to it. It's like asking Manchester United to split revenue from shirt sales with Ipswich.

I think the prem teams will be too short sighted as to see the benefit for all as usual preferring the benefit of the themselves
In football, it wouldn't work, but in rugby, where all teams are struggling financially, then working together to create an exciting sport should be welcomed.

In football, it wouldn't work, but in rugby, where all teams are struggling financially, then working together to create an exciting sport should be welcomed.
With all teams struggling, why would better supported teams give up their sales to help the other teams?

Can't ever see shared sales working in the prem.

Latest posts