• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] Wales vs France - 10/03/24

I would guess that it's an injury for North, but then Josh Adam's has looked visibly injured for the whole tournament but still starts every game

I thought North was going ok for Wales. I am always a little ex-Saints player biased but has he been bad enough to be dropped? From the games I've seen he seemed steady at least.
No you're not wrong imo. Hes been decent. He's been dropped (not injury according to Forshaw) but it's more just wanting to give Roberts a run out. I would've rathered play north at 12 and have a look at Roberts but that's just me.

Last edited:
If north wasn't injured, then why not shift him out to the wing in place of Adams? I'm all for giving Roberts a run at 13 though, I think he's got a ton of potential, but very difficult to judge his current form playing for the Scarlets atm.

I was thinking, why can't we make one of our fat ***** play tight head? We have quite a few decent loose heads, surely we can make Carre, Nicky Smith or Domachoski play 3?

Now, I might know the square root of F all about anything in the pack generally but I'm not going to let that stop me from thinking this is a genius idea and an easy fix to our main problem. Well, joint main problem alongside Beard still in the front 5.

I was thinking, why can't we make one of our fat ***** play tight head? We have quite a few decent loose heads, surely we can make Carre, Nicky Smith or Domachoski play 3?

Now, I might know the square root of F all about anything in the pack generally but I'm not going to let that stop me from thinking this is a genius idea and an easy fix to our main problem. Well, joint main problem alongside Beard still in the front 5.
In terms of stature Carre really should be a tighthead. But if he's known for being a bit of a weak scrummager at loosehead then he won't stand a chance at tighthead. It's a much harder position to scrummage in.

I dont hate this line up you know...

Apart from the obvious l, Jenkins to 6 makes all the sense in the world, he has played plenty at 6, and is mobile and strong (I'm not sure about long term with Tsiunza, Morse, Mann, Wainright as options), but he has also been shown as a weakness at lock AND at captain.

I'm annoyed by North being dropped if I'm honest, he was a bit of a man playing with boys v Ireland, but rumour has it he isnt 100%.

I also dont see how much more good will Adam's has, I mean he looks half the guy he used to. I was recently talking to a former Wales wing, and he stated he would fancy exploiting Adam's at the minute.

Sadly it is what it is up front, we dont have the personal, Elias is a far superior scrummage to Dee, despite his arrows. Thomas has been bang average, and Assirati is all we have.

Someone mentioned above the WRU hate rugby, this is 100% accurate. Every decision they have made has been financially focused, and now the new CEO seems to just be promoting 'The message' soundbites and player welfare. We are ******!

Anyway, Gatland knows he has carte blanche, there are 0 expectations on him this season after a good first season, so many players missing.

So to Sunday, no chance of the win in reality. That French pack will guarentee scrum penalties, lineout steals, and with the state of our kicking game from Tomos William's and Costelow I think this is the game the French backline will come back to life.

Of all the games, France wouldnt have been the Jenkins to 6, Robert's at 13 experiments, I think they're being set up to fail. I'd rather a fletcher and defensive solid 13.

For all the talk so far this year the big issues that have killed us is the set peice and kicking game. 2 things leaders could adjust on the fly to fix. These things arent going to change Sunday sadly.

In terms of stature Carre really should be a tighthead. But if he's known for being a bit of a weak scrummager at loosehead then he won't stand a chance at tighthead. It's a much harder position to scrummage in.
That guy cant put his head down and commit to dropping a few lbs and upping his conditioning rate.

He plays so well for Cardiff, and hell do well at Saracens, but from what I've heard, his weight and stats arent the real reason he isnt selected. His attitude to training sucks, and he is a bad influence on other younger players around him.

I mean if your asked by the national coach to do X, Y and Z , and it's been reported back to to him you did half a portion of X only, then you have to accept it's on you.

That said it's all rumours, I dont have a proper inside source.

This might end up be the best game of the weekend. Like every game in this tournament, Wales could win if they just learn how to kick.

This might end up be the best game of the weekend. Like every game in this tournament, Wales could win if they just learn how to kick.
I doubt we'll win even if our kicking game is spot on. We'll likely get done in the scrum and our line out will probably be ****.

I love this optimism...

But no.

Costelow cant suddenly learn how to kick an extra 25 yards in 2 weeks lol.

It was reported pre 6N Cai Evan's had the biggest boot out of hand by a considerable distance.

I love this optimism...

But no.

It was reported pre 6N Cai Evan's had the biggest boot out of hand by a considerable distance.
Didn't think this was a huge issue v Ireland tbh

Also, Cai Evans could kick the ball 200m and I still wouldn't want him anywhere near the side. Useless player!

Didn't think this was a huge issue v Ireland tbh

Also, Cai Evans could kick the ball 200m and I still wouldn't want him anywhere near the side. Useless player!
To be fair your not wrong on both counts, Costelow out of hand was by far his best in a Wales shirt. But still we turned down points because of lack of trust in his boot.

At 17-7, had we had Biggar on the field, getting the penalty Wales won I have no doubt we would have knocked it over.

Also i agree, Cai Evan's should never be in the squad, but my point t was a player of that lack of quality was such a bigger kicker than Lloyd and Costelow. They're both so underpowered it's crazy.

To be fair your not wrong on both counts, Costelow out of hand was by far his best in a Wales shirt. But still we turned down points because of lack of trust in his boot.

At 17-7, had we had Biggar on the field, getting the penalty Wales won I have no doubt we would have knocked it over.

Also i agree, Cai Evan's should never be in the squad, but my point t was a player of that lack of quality was such a bigger kicker than Lloyd and Costelow. They're both so underpowered it's crazy.
Apparently, and I couldn't believe this when I read it, but we haven't attempted one 3 pointer yet.

Makes sense against Scotland as we were chasing the game at 28 nil down after 60 mins and I was pretty drunk during the England match (standard) and have no desire to watch it again. You could say it's a deliberate tactic but you could also point out, as you have, that's it's more down to lack of confidence in the place kicking of our 10s

As I said though the context of the individual games, especially Scotland, it's not overly surprising but it's still a pretty mad stat if true.

Apparently, and I couldn't believe this when I read it, but we haven't attempted one 3 pointer yet.

Makes sense against Scotland as we were chasing the game at 28 nil down after 60 mins and I was pretty drunk during the England match (standard) and have no desire to watch it again. You could say it's a deliberate tactic but you could also point out, as you have, that's it's more down to lack of confidence in the place kicking of our 10s

As I said though the context of the individual games, especially Scotland, it's not overly surprising but it's still a pretty mad stat if true.
Is that true???

We were 27-0 down to Scotland, and 17-0 down to Ireland...

At 17-7 v Ireland though, not a brutal kick, 17-10 puts a different complexion on the game and we went corner to no avail (for the 3rd time).

If my memory serves me correctly Costelow threw away the derby against Dragins, kicking poorly out of hand and then missing a sitter while losing by 1 point. I wouldnt have faith in him!

Is that true???

We were 27-0 down to Scotland, and 17-0 down to Ireland...

At 17-7 v Ireland though, not a brutal kick, 17-10 puts a different complexion on the game and we went corner to no avail (for the 3rd time).

If my memory serves me correctly Costelow threw away the derby against Dragins, kicking poorly out of hand and then missing a sitter while losing by 1 point. I wouldnt have faith in him!
Apparently so but I'd have to re-watch the games to 100% confirm but I can't recall any to be fair.

That Dragons game Ioan Lloyd literally put the Scarlets in a position to win the game then Costelow came on and literally lost it for them. Sounds harsh but true.

I love this optimism...

But no.

Hey, if michael mcintyre can get away with being called a comedian his entire career, Costelow can learn to kick in one evening, 😁

Apparently so but I'd have to re-watch the games to 100% confirm but I can't recall any to be fair.

That Dragons game Ioan Lloyd literally put the Scarlets in a position to win the game then Costelow came on and literally lost it for them. Sounds harsh but true.
Your not wrong, Lloyd went to 15 didnt he and scored what should have been the winning try late on only for Costelow to miss.

Neither are int standard mind hahahaha

Latest posts