2024 New Zealand v England - July Internationals

Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
Squad named for the July internationals....a few surprises....both inclusions and exclusions, really feel for Sotutu

some ruffled feathers....more crusaders (didn't make playoffs) than blues (won super rugby)...and not all experienced AB's picked of experience...George Bell hasn't had the best season with a bad crusaders team and got the nod.....lots of suggestions razors Crusaders bias has shone through...i just hope he can get some of these guys to shine in a way most people think isn;t possible

c=J1ijipHzKfEQ7kNvgF9_npF&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel12-1.jpg

Me too. You may not be the original All Blacks (as that ***le obviously belongs to the far superior Neath RFC) but you make good kits. But again, still not as good as the Neath jersey but a close second.
we'll take it, very gracious ;)

personally i think the AB's jersey are very hit and miss, i was not a fan of our RWC one

What's the feeling in NZ for this 2 match series? I'm hoping to see Robertson break dancing after 2 comprehensive wins but England always seem to pull out a performance or 2 against New Zealand so I'm expecting close-ish games. My money would still be on 2 NZ wins, though.

Really? Thought I remembered seeing them on most adidas all blacks tops?
no, never on an mens AB's jersey, obviously training and supporters gear, the AB Women, Maori and 7s teams....but never the mens AB's

What's the feeling in NZ for this 2 match series? I'm hoping to see Robertson break dancing after 2 comprehensive wins but England always seem to pull out a performance or 2 against New Zealand so I'm expecting close-ish games. My money would still be on 2 NZ wins, though.
i thought i may have heard England we'rent sending a full strength squad? is that true?

as i mentioned i think for a lot of us it will depend on how we play, if were still trying the "we're the AB's and can attack unstructured from anywhere on the field" kick pass in our own 22 nonsense...and we lose...then people will get thepitchforks out, if we can see a gameplan designed to beat england....that we dont quite pull off and lose then there will be more tolerance

obviously we would love to make a statement...but people just dont know...the selections havent given may clues

no, never on an mens AB's jersey, obviously training and supporters gear, the AB Women, Maori and 7s teams....but never the mens AB's

i thought i may have heard England we'rent sending a full strength squad? is that true?

as i mentioned i think for a lot of us it will depend on how we play, if were still trying the "we're the AB's and can attack unstructured from anywhere on the field" kick pass in our own 22 nonsense...and we lose...then people will get thepitchforks out, if we can see a gameplan designed to beat england....that we dont quite pull off and lose then there will be more tolerance

obviously we would love to make a statement...but people just dont know...the selections havent given may clues
To be honest, this English side are nothing special. You should be winning both games.

I would say it is a full strength/transitional England squad focused on developing new players and approach.
Quite a young squad if you are looking at the expected starters.

Doesn't include:
- some older players (retiring/moving on) who would probably be starting if still included, such as Lawes, Farrell maybe Ludlum and Tuilagi too.
- some players who are past giving anything positive to the squad, such as the Vunipolae.
- a couple of players unavailable due to injury or ineligibility, such as Chessum and Jack Willis.

I would say it is a full strength/transitional England squad focused on developing new players and approach.
Quite a young squad if you are looking at the expected starters.

Doesn't include:
- some older players (retiring/moving on) who would probably be starting if still included, such as Lawes, Farrell maybe Ludlum and Tuilagi too.
- some players who are past giving anything positive to the squad, such as the Vunipolae.
- a couple of players unavailable due to injury or ineligibility, such as Chessum and Jack Willis.
This exactly it's a full strength from who's available and the younger guys are ones for the future.

Unavailable in the backs is Ford Manu Daly but arguably I'd have the players we have over 2 out of 3 of them, Ford is still good enough but glad to be giving experience to the Smiths.

I actually really like this squad, it's young enough to develop quite abit in alot of places but also has alot of talent apart from no real 12s and underwhelming THPs.

I'd be happy with 1 from 2 wins or 2 close losses given where we are but I don't think and upset is off the table.

Latest posts