• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Rugby Under 20 Championship

We are knocking the linguine out of this Italian side. Sam Berman was incredible. Great decision maker and a nice runner. We're better than them all over the park.

Edogbo was a stonewall red for me though.

I've given up on the first half Wales v NZ.

We could have a great game, but the ref has decided who's won, 4 ridiculous pens in a row all for NZ leading to a yellow and pen try.

I'm sure hell probably shore up, but really low level reffing in that game.

NZ running blockers and breakdown work 360 at the rucks (literally a NZ player pushing a Welsh jackler off the ball from behind the Welsh side of the ruck lol) all somehow leading to NZ pens.

2 entertaining teams hindered by officiating

2nd half Wales arent in it, key errors, lineout on NZ 5m gets thrown to a kiwi player, Hennessey makes a crash up through a gap ref steps in his way and makes him step inside and gets turned over as theres no support, offload in a 2 on 1 situation gets knocked forward by a kiwi leads to a kiwi penalty somehow and then try...

Scoreline doesnt suggest it, but its 2 evenly matched teams, NZ have scoreline and posession dominance due to playing the ref much better.

Morse and Hennessey 2 best players on the park

And that's game...

Wales go charging up the left wing beating defenders, offload out the back from Hennessey, and then the winger before losing the ball.

NZ make the exact same break and offload dont go to hand but they manage to score.

Deserved win for NZ, but ref killed what could have been a fantastic contest.

Hell of a come back by Wales, a few 17 year olds entered the fray with 15 to go and somehow Wales scored 3 tries to get 2 LBP's.

Yeah, some weird refereeibg calls in that game. I'm mainly looking for players at this level, rather than results, and in that sense I'm hugely encouraged by what I saw. Hennessey looks unreal, Morse had a few dominant moments in both attack and defense. Some strong carrying by the front rowers too. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament after that.

Yeah, some weird refereeibg calls in that game. I'm mainly looking for players at this level, rather than results, and in that sense I'm hugely encouraged by what I saw. Hennessey looks unreal, Morse had a few dominant moments in both attack and defense. Some strong carrying by the front rowers too. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament after that.
Ye, the baby Hippo looked good, as did the winger.

We had 2/3 of the best players on the park, however with ioan at 9, and a fee others we had players nowhere near ready for this level too

I was particularly please with how the pack seemed to start off under the cosh, but worked it out themselves and came back to gain superiority, and to do so before the coachez could tell them how.
Otherwise, Kerr and Bracken the pick of the backs. 2 props and Carnduff the pick of the forwards

Latest posts