• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2022 Six Nations] Wales vs Scotland (12/02/22)

Wales: 15. Liam Williams; 14. Alex Cuthbert, 13. Owen Watkin, 12. Nick Tompkins, 11. Louis Rees-Zammit; 10. Dan Biggar (capt), 9. Tomos Williams; 1. Wyn Jones, 2. Ryan Elias, 3. Tomas Francis; 4. Will Rowlands, 5. Adam Beard; 6. Taine Basham, 7. Jac Morgan, 8. Ross Moriarty.

Reps: 16. Dewi Lake, 17. Gareth Thomas, 18. Dillon Lewis, 19. Seb Davies, 20. Aaron Wainwright, 21. Gareth Davies, 22. Callum Sheedy, 23. Jonathan Davies.

Very weak side, if we manage to win then there must be some encouragement from the youngsters you'd imagine.

Glad to see Watkin at 13, hope these two can forge something positive together at centre as we really need their depth.

Second row is where I worry most really, and depth in front row, but I like Lake for the future.

Makes a big gamble with that back row but the tight 5 is the same.........
Adams is a loss on the wing as McNichol and Cuthbert are both a step down. I know he's still shaky in defence but would prefer Owen Lane to start over those two though.

Not just Lane for me. Id rather see Lloyd, Holmes, Rogers, Ashton Hewitt, Giles or even Protheroe before I'd be going to Cuthbert. As someone said earlier our succession plannning hasn't been very good and I don't know what we're going to really gain by playing Cuthbert when we've got some young back 3 players with potential. Looks like this is a write off 6N so why not focus more on developing players for the WC in stead of Cuthbert, who's clearly not making the next WC. Nothing against him personally and I hope he has a great game obviously

Looking forward to this one. Usually an underrated game in the championship imo. I'd back Scotland but Wales bouncing back in Cardiff and Scotland not being able to back up a big win isn't unlikely...

Looking forward to this one. Usually an underrated game in the championship imo. I'd back Scotland but Wales bouncing back in Cardiff and Scotland not being able to back up a big win isn't unlikely...
As a Scot I hope our forwards can boss the match from the first whistle, I think AWJ is the real bogeyman for us so hopefully we can get a result this time.

Bloody hell Cuthbert has been included. That's a blast from the past. How is his defending?

Wasn't Cuthbert banished into the international wilderness by Gatland for having a bad game? Guess he didn't have enough credit in the bank. He'll be lining up against DVDM on Saturday.

He lost all confidence and form. He never could defend (still can't really now) but was struggling going forward as well which is why he was dropped.
He's a bit more rounded player now but still defensibly suspect.

I'm fairness I think Cuthbert should do fine against Duhan. His main defensive issues (at least from what I remember) were about getting run around rather than run over. I think we all know which of those Duhan prefers doing.

Alex Cuthbert? Even if Adams and McNicoll are injured this selection is complete insanity for so many reasons. I questioned the coaching teams lack of plan B on the weekend when they had take some selection risks but had options they didn't use, now I'm questioning their decisions in general.

If Scotland don't win this weekend at the principality then it's really hard to see when they ever will haha.

I'm not surprised to see Sam Johnson released from the squad as it matches my perception that the centre partnership wasn't functioning at all for Scotland last week. The Welsh selection doesn't scream a bundle of points either. 20 points should win this handsomely, so once again I am sucked in.

Scotland by 6

That's an awful start for Berry and co. Clear penalty and yellow card.

Latest posts