• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Italy vs Wales (13/03/21)

Fair enough it's all just opinions, I like the idea of Tips and Faletau flying down the outside under Pivac and Wellies' game plan though.

The rare occasions he's played for Wales he's looked great (as does Navidi too ofcourse) that match against the boks in the autumn of 2018 though... he just looked like he had it all. Hands, workmate, leadership... the list goes on. Such a good player... really hope we see a good 5 or 6 years of him on the test arena.
Jenkins is a modern day 7 and yes while he was playing there was no one like him.

theres a few 7s coming through the one from the scarlets is making noises, I've been told about another too, but cant recall his name, you might be right I may be still drunk Hic,

I think you might be thinking of Jac Morgan who the Ospreys have just signed from the Scarlets. Looks very promising.

I'm a massive Basham fan as well. Was gutted he broke his arm recently as I would've loved to see him go on tour.

Fair enough it's all just opinions, I like the idea of Tips and Faletau flying down the outside under Pivac and Wellies' game plan though.

The rare occasions he's played for Wales he's looked great (as does Navidi too ofcourse) that match against the boks in the autumn of 2018 though... he just looked like he had it all. Hands, workmate, leadership... the list goes on. Such a good player... really hope we see a good 5 or 6 years of him on the test arena.

Yeah he was great that day. I was watching that one on the stadium and was very impressed. So gutted for him obviously as he was having the game of his life. If I was being a bit mean I would say that South Africa team wasn't the greatest at that time but still, he was great.

theres a few 7s coming through the one from the scarlets is making noises, I've been told about another too, but cant recall his name, you might be right I may be still drunk Hic,
Yeah there's a few at the Scarlets... I assume you're talking about Jac Morgan who's going to the O's next year. He's awesome. Josh McCleod and Dan Davis are very promising too.

The other one you were mentioning may be Ollie Griffiths... outstanding but as injury prone as any player I've ever witnessed.

Yeah there's a few at the Scarlets... I assume you're talking about Jac Morgan who's going to the O's next year. He's awesome. Josh McCleod and Dan Davis are very promising too.

The other one you were mentioning may be Ollie Griffiths... outstanding but as injury prone as any player I've ever witnessed.

The dragons have such depth in quality in the back row for such a **** team. Lol.

Moriarty, Basham, Ollie Griffiths, Wainwright, and Harrison Keddie (who's been so consistent) is not too shabby at all.

Yeah he was great that day. I was watching that one on the stadium and was very impressed. So gutted for him obviously as he was having the game of his life. If I was being a bit mean I would say that South Africa team wasn't the greatest at that time but still, he was great.
Oh I don't know WE... they'd got all of their stars back by that point. I'm sure if you checked that days 23 against the RWC SF 23 it wouldn't be 'that' different. Could be remembering it wrong though.

Don't want to hype the lad up too much, buy IMO Jac Morgan is good enough now to play international rugby against one of lesser sides. I know sides are depleted during 6 nations windows but he has easily looked the best back row on the field when he has played for Scarlets the past few weeks.
I'm a bit sad about Ollie Griffiths, I think he would have been first choice for Wales if not for all his injuries.

The dragons have such depth in quality in the back row for such a **** team. Lol.

Moriarty, Basham, Ollie Griffiths, Wainwright, and Harrison Keddie (who's been so consistent) is not too shabby at all.
Yeah Basham could also become a Welsh regular, think he's only like 21 or something.

Don't want to hype the lad up too much, buy IMO Jac Morgan is good enough now to play international rugby against one of lesser sides. I know sides are depleted during 6 nations windows but he has easily looked the best back row on the field when he has played for Scarlets the past few weeks.
I'm a bit sad about Ollie Griffiths, I think he would have been first choice for Wales if not for all his injuries.
Agreed, sometimes a player is so good that you just draft him in early and I think Jac is one of those. Such a smart player!

Also, I still haven't given up hope on Griffiths (or Warbs as the boys call him... which tells us all that we need to know).

Yeah Basham could also become a Welsh regular, think he's only like 21 or something.

I see him as a 7 in the Tipuric mould. In part due to his size (he's not the biggest flanker going) but he's got a bit of everything. Good over the ball, nice hands, lovey feet etc etc. And at such a young age never have I seen him and thought this kid is out of this depth.

I see him as a 7 in the Tipuric mould. In part due to his size (he's not the biggest flanker going) but he's got a bit of everything. Good over the ball, nice hands, lovey feet etc etc. And at such a young age never have I seen him and thought this kid is out of this depth.
Tell you what he does have (which would play into the 7 suggestion) he has that strange quality that Hamish Watson has, that being he's quite small but runs into contact like he's 20 stone.

Tell you what he does have (which would play into the 7 suggestion) he has that strange quality that Hampshire Watson has, that being he's quite small but runs into contact like he's 20 stone.

Yeah, good point. Same in defence as well. For his size he puts in some great hits and rarely see him miss his man.

It's the last game so depending on how many I've I might not be nervous by then........ or remember any of it. :p

This is standard practice. I keep hearing players talk about early onset dementia and how they can't even remember playing the game but spare a thought for us fans. I've watched us win 4 grand slams and can't remember a single one.

I won't lie. I'm getting ******* nervous about this Saturday now.
It's the last game so depending on how many I've I might not be nervous by then........ or remember any of it. :p
The first 5 Nations I can remember was 1988. We had a triple crown and had France in Cardiff for the Slam... we lost 9-10.

We were not favourites then and we certainly won't be this but all you can ask is the boys go out firing their shots. If you lose but have made a good job of implementing your stuff with maximum effort, I don't think you can be too disappointed.

I cant wait, the only problem is I will be so drunk by 8pm on Saturday that I probably won't remember a thing!