• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (26/03/21)

Anyone have the final standings so?
Should be

Wales
France
Scotland
Ireland
England
Italy

I think

Edit: apparently not, Ireland beat Scotland

I can't seem that find a table with points difference

1616796941602.png

Just checked the Six Nations site, think we beat you out.
Yes, surprisingly the fact that the Scots scored this try and finally win this does not impact the standings. But congrats to them, they deserved this.
I am gutted :confused:
Still we are second just like in 2020 and it was difficult to imagine something else, but this game is quite disappointing, we have been mashed at the breakdown, even worse than last Saturday. Something to think about for Galthié and Edwards...

Last edited:
The Scots totally deserved to win that. They outplayed the French in the second half and for the first 20 minutes of the first half. It was a great performance. in the end France flattered to deceive this season. 3 wins out of 5 with the squad they have is mediocre. What on earth was Dulin doing at the end?!.

And so the answer to winning the ***le is red cards. Expect Eddie to come out with a strategy for this very shortly. ;)

The Scots totally deserved to win that. They outplayed the French in the second half and for the first 20 minutes of the first half. It was a great performance. in the end France flattered to deceive this season. 3 wins out of 5 with the squad they have is mediocre. What on earth was Dulin doing at the end?!.
Aye, but you could also say Scotland flattered to deceive. The way they played, they should have won more.

Yes, surprisingly the fact that the Scots scored this try and finally win this does not impact the standings. But congrats to them, they deserved this.
I am gutted :confused:
Still we are second just like in 2020 and it was difficult to imagine something else, but this game is quite disappointing, we have been mashed at the breakdown, even worse than last Saturday. Something to think about for Galthié and Edwards...
Okay, genuine question: what do French fellas think of Edwards?

Scotland were superb. They showed balls to turn down easy 3 points a number of times in search of a winner.

Dulin really should have kicked that out at the end. Why didn't he? The Championship was already in Wales.

Not sure France are all they're cracked up to be or ''will be''. Ultimately another disappointing campaign for them.

PS - Dave Cherry is now my 2nd favourite hooker. He looks hard as ****! Absolute animal.

Okay, genuine question: what do French fellas think of Edwards?
I think the 2 last matches were kind of strange ones. It is like there was no shaun edwards anymore, no more good defense. I cannot believe how we got trashed around the rucks agaisnt wales and scotalnd. Or this is a deliberate thing to avoid penalties (which is failing quite obviously) or Fracne suddenly after a year of good defense work thinks they do not need to work on it anymore ? I'm at lost on the defense nightmare we have lived in the 2 last matches, I do not understand when you compare to the performance we have put against ireland or last year for example. I think we have some difficulties to find the right balance between playing and defending, it is worrying the last 2 matches to be honest, like we are getting back to previous uncertainty about our game.

Anyway, tonight this was stupid to lose this one, Dulin should have just kick this out but I guess his colleagues are also to blame to not have told (shout) him to kick this out.

The main postiive I will take is that it is 2 years we finish second with a serious shot at topping the championship. We play definitely a more exciting game an we are able to compete for 80 minutes, which is a real improvement on the last 10 years. So we are on an upward trend. But we should have won tonight. The win would have made a massive difference mentally speaking.

Well done to scotland, a pain in the butt team, they were just more hungry than us at the end of the day

Great play from Hastings after he came on. Russell looked off the pace bar a couple of nice kicks.

On the Penaud try, I don't think Price could be given a yellow there. Agree it's ridiculous and that he should have been, but don't think laws allow for it.

Cherry's pick up was brilliant and generally very happy with how the pack went. We're consolidating our position of being in touching distance of most teams, which feels pretty great tbh

Problem is that France were playing a completely different game to France. Scotland were trying to snatch a win and hopefully by more than 8 points, where as France were chasing the ***le. Scotland may have out played them and did what they needed to win, but under different circumstances France might not have been so reckless and the outcome could have been different. It's hard to judge Scotland based on this performance because they almost had nothing to lose and France had everything, which affects the game massively.

Will have to wait until tomorrow until Big prize oh well more pics to follow:)

Latest posts