• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Wales vs Italy (01/02/20)

Wales coasting really, not bringing a lot of intensity. Not the best game.

Bloody hell, not sure what Wales have done on here but the negativity on this thread is mad.

I notice a tactic Wales use, the first tracker airways ensures that land on the wrong side of the ruck and stay there long enough to prevent the supporting players from being able to put their feet near the ruck while another Welsh player makes the turnover. They've done it for a while and don't get penalised for it

Italy need to improve or leave. 5 points for any team who has them at home
Shows how silly people are for wanting Georgia in as well, cause Italy a step above them but are just getting less competitive as the years go on
Wales coasting really, not bringing a lot of intensity. Not the best game.

Bloody hell, not sure what Wales have done on here but the negativity on this thread is mad.
Don't think anyone is being overly negative about Wales' play, they're dominating without breaking a sweat
People just want Italy to play better so it's at least an interesting game for the neutral - consistent refereeing would be nice, but is a pipe dream

Just shows the penalty that led to the first side.
No.6 is miles of side so can make a instant tackle

Shows how silly people are for wanting Georgia in as well, cause Italy a step above them but are just getting less competitive as the years go on

Don't think anyone is being overly negative about Wales' play, they're dominating without breaking a sweat
People just want Italy to play better so it's at least an interesting game for the neutral - consistent refereeing would be nice, but is a pipe dream

I guess you work out what the ref will allow, particularly at the break down. That differs every game. Don't really think it's the ref that's causing Italy's problems at the breakdown or their lack of composure/ability to turn territory into points.

I guess you work out what the ref will allow, particularly at the break down. That differs every game. Don't really think it's the ref that's causing Italy's problems at the breakdown or their lack of composure/ability to turn territory into points.
Aye, he's been pretty clueless for both sides - high tackle against T.Allen given, on the Italian tryline, when it wasn't high at at all, for example.
Very good position for Wales and the penalty gives Italy 50m+ of breathing room

Great first half from Wales. Certainly see the different attacking intent and patterns. Tomos Williams is looking every bit the world class player i expect him to become, Biggar and Parkes have been great, Adams doing his thing scoring try's and Halfpenny looks reinvented. Great Cameo from Tompkins as well.

More of the same in the second half please.

It's not the main problem but a contributing factor, I wish a ref would tell AWJ to just STFU at times he does far too much talking and shouldn't be allowed to have such a constant impact on the reffing, the reffing has been very inconsistent in this game imo but for the most part you are right, Italy just implode, often lack intensity and are not nearly composed enough.

Someone is definitely getting red carded tackling halfpenny this tournament - he's tiny to start with but he bundles himself so small when he takes contact he's basically knee high

It's not the main problem but a contributing factor, I wish a ref would tell AWJ to just STFU at times he does far too much talking and shouldn't be allowed to have such a constant impact on the reffing, the reffing has been very inconsistent in this game imo but for the most part you are right, Italy just implode, often lack intensity and are not nearly composed enough.

All the best captains communicate frequently with the referee to influence thinking, to prime them to look for particular infringements, to change the attention of what they are looking for. It's simple psychology and he'd be a worse captain for not doing it. All captains do. When biggar does it and whines I'll agree with you, AWJ knows what he's doing.

Someone is definitely getting red carded tackling halfpenny this tournament - he's tiny to start with but he bundles himself so small when he takes contact he's basically knee high

Yeah, must be a nighmare to tackle under the current laws

All the best captains communicate frequently with the referee to influence thinking, to prime them to look for particular infringements, to change the attention of what they are looking for. It's simple psychology and he'd be a worse captain for not doing it. All captains do. When biggar does it and whines I'll agree with you, AWJ knows what he's doing.
Of course he knows what he's doing, pundits are always heaping praise on him for it that wasn't my point it's just too much at times and IMO at times against the spirit of the game rugby prides itself on core values etc which separates it from footy, to me some of this directly contradicts that, I realise he is however a national hero to the Welsh, therefore this will not be a popular view for them.

Italy need to put some pressure on and either get a try or a welsh front rower carded.

Scrum and lineout not going well for Wales

Yeah, this is a concern. Not sure what's happening with Wyn Jones here. I'm no scrum expert, but it looks like both plays turning to me and that's hard to call

Bit unfair from the ref not to make a decision on that scrum. Wales have been under pressure, so Italy deserved a decision there

Latest posts