• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 Six Nations] Scotland vs England (08/02/20)

So what is the likly 23 as we have 4 locks and 4 back rowers....knowing EJ
4 itoje
5 kruis
6 lawes
7 underhill
8 curry

19 launch
20 Ludlam
Well usually with 3 LH 4 locks.
A loose head and lock would drop for balance in 23.
However as Olyy has suggested a 6 2 split on bench would mean a LH and a back would drop from 25.
Guess we find out tomorrow.

Yeah the 6-2 split wasn't really a serious suggestion but equally it wouldn't massively surprise me - the pack didn't perform vs France so maybe Eddie is thinking push them harder and have the extra sub, backs don't matter as much cause they aren't gonna see much ball with Youngs at 9 anyway

Yeah the 6-2 split wasn't really a serious suggestion but equally it wouldn't massively surprise me - the pack didn't perform vs France so maybe Eddie is thinking push them harder and have the extra sub, backs don't matter as much cause they aren't gonna see much ball with Youngs at 9 anyway

8-0

It begins
l5v0CVh.png

I just got ripped a new one for talking about this a couple of days ago. But could you imagine the outrage if an England player came out and said this every damn year?
Nah, everyone else gets slagged off but England never do.

Or we deserve it.

Or it's only retalliation.

Or its pre-retalliation.

Or or or or.

Unfortunately there are some small minded folks who see every sporting event as a way to somehow get even with England for the colonial/invasion-ary past. Personally I find it pathetic, the media doesn't help in GB by generally playing to the largest audience (not saying its wrong though) and somehow suggesting England have a given right to "just win" but it really isn't that big a deal to those of us with some maturity and common sense. Good coach though EJ is he definitely riles up many of the opposition fans which only adds fuel to the fire.

However, have no doubt I will be shouting for the blue team for 80 mins on Saturday very passionately!

Eddie has remained unable to button his lips once again for this one....

As a mixed race person its something that is even more obvious to me, like if somebody said the kind of things that even my friends feel happy to say about England about my African/Middle Eastern heritage it wouldn't end very well. Just something i've noticed over the years

It's clearly how the Scots get themselves up for this game. I'd guess the French or Aussie camps are the only other ones that may have said something similar lately? Possibly the Welsh.

Scotland use negative energy/hate to get themselves up for games against us too, it stems from the club rivalries, it rarely works. Seems more effective v England but if you match their aggression (not something England seem to have complete control of mind) they generally crumble!

Sam Johnson got a bootleg copy of Braveheart from behind the servo, got big mad, and moved to Scotland to get revenge for Mel Gibson

Here you go fellas - why can't we all just get along :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51397165

Lewis Ludlam says England bring just as much hatred and aggression to Saturday's Calcutta Cup fixture as Scotland, promising the hosts a "war".

The flanker, 24, disagreed when it was suggested Scotland bring more fury to international rugby's oldest rivalry.

"We are emotionally there. They hate us and we hate them. There is no difference," he said.

"We're revved up. We want to be brutal. We don't want to give them an inch to breathe. We're coming for them."

Here you go fellas - why can't we all just get along :)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51397165

Lewis Ludlam says England bring just as much hatred and aggression to Saturday's Calcutta Cup fixture as Scotland, promising the hosts a "war".

The flanker, 24, disagreed when it was suggested Scotland bring more fury to international rugby's oldest rivalry.

"We are emotionally there. They hate us and we hate them. There is no difference," he said.

"We're revved up. We want to be brutal. We don't want to give them an inch to breathe. We're coming for them."
Don't come here with your sensible comments.

Only the English can be hated! Aleuz le Blanc!

He hasnt started youngs......and he has 3 back rowers in the back row...EJ what is wrong this isnt like you.

Happy with the team overall its better than expected

England team:
1. Mako Vunipola
2. Luke Cowan-Dickie
3. Will Stuart
4. George Kruis
5. Maro Itoje
6. Lewis Ludlam
7. Sam Underhill
8. Tom Curry
9. Willi Heinz
10. George Ford
11. Elliot Daly
12. Owen Farrell
13. Jonathan Joseph
14. Johnny May
15. George Furbank

Replacements: George, Genge, Williams, Launchbury, Lawes, Earl, Youngs, Devoto

That's a significant shift in the squad!

That's not the team...

Yeah, that's certainly different to what I was expecting.

Mako certainly improves our carrying game, though at the expense of scrummaging - our best 2nd row, though, so hopefully should negate some of that.
Don't know a massive amount about Stuart but he's looked good from what I've seen.
Three opensides for a backrow is....well, it's EJ so whatever. Not happy but we go on.

Called the 6-2! Backline is decent, best we can make from the available players (though I'd probably take Thorley over Daly atm).

Hopefully that pack can click, cause that front and backrow are brand new combos.

Edit:
Yeah that ain't the team. Actual team is:
England team to face Scotland:

George Furbank; Jonny May, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Elliot Daly; George Ford, Willi Heinz; Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, Kyle Sinckler; Maro Itoje, George Kruis; Lewis Ludlam, Sam Underhill, Tom Curry,

Replacements: Tom Dunn, Ellis Genge, Will Stuart, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Ben Earl, Ben Youngs, Ollie Devoto.

Happier with Sinckler starting tbh, rest of my post still stands. LCD injured? Or Cited? Or on the naughty step?
I don't rate Dunn tbh. Decent club level player but nothing about him screams international quality.

Latest posts