• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Wales v Ireland (16/03/2019)

Hope the roof is open, just so dominant Wales of the past 2 decades can have an excuse 'IF' they lose.

Will no doubt be a tight game within a score.

Something to do with this girl who they have on quite a lot who is Welsh, and getting an interview with shane williams
Ah right... pretty generic and stereotypical segment of Welsh themed 'entertainment' as far as British-wide media goes then.

In fact it was well made point by Easterby. When roof is closed the heart rates are faster, handling skills and tacticts differ not just because of atmosphere but the conditions of field, sweatiness of ball and health risks. Wales have more of an advantage on all this obviously. But the key for Ireland is to go out on a huge win in this championship so when the prelonged preseason comes along it starts on a high note after leaving this championship on a high.

Sounds like Ireland are right. They don't give a **** who wins 6Nations and aren't over to facilitate Wales. More have their own agenda

Shame about the roof decision. It's fair enough if the conditions are good but why open it when you know it's going to be awful weather? As much as I rate him as a coach, Schmidt's explanations and excuses are pretty weak as well. If you want it open, just say so without going on some mad tirade about how sprinklers are somewhow equivalent to ongoing, heavy downpours and high winds. Oh well, on with the game, best of luck to both sides!

its a disgrace tbh 50,000 of that crowd will now get soaked and the game will be infinitely less attractive to watch in the torrential rain and wind...shame on schmidt ..pathetic

its a disgrace tbh 50,000 of that crowd will now get soaked and the game will be infinitely less attractive to watch in the torrential rain and wind...shame on schmidt ..pathetic
Why shame on Joe? Maybe Joe us like F this I get paid to win games for Ireland.
He's trained his team in the conditions all week and has probably set up his plan too. He isn't there to play attractive rugby or to worry about fans getting wet. Hell he isn't even there to entertain. He is there to win. And home advantage is enough and Wales if good enough should be adaptable to any conditions

Fair play Joe, he let Wales close the roof before and conditions in the captain's run were completely different than the match. If you're going to abuse being in control of the environment after the away team have allowed you control don't expect to get the same treatment next time.
Too bloody right. If you don't want to get wet don't follow a Winter sport in Wales.

Fair play Joe, he let Wales close the roof before and conditions in the captain's run were completely different than the match. If you're going to abuse being in control of the environment after the away team have allowed you control don't expect to get the same treatment next time.
Exactly this. And I'm sure he has watched Wales England game and seen how the impact is. I've bbeen critical of Joe in past at times but 100% back him here. I hope he has our lads fired up too. I think despite no triple crown and realistically no Championship on the line I feel like there is alot on the line as if there was. The best thing to happen us is if POM or Sexton gets a puck in the jaw early too as they will have fire burning

Believe me I know. It's been raining here solidly for the last 7 days on the West Coast of Ireland with no end in sight. It's wetter than a Cavan man in a dole que.
Lol that Cavan man is never in a dole que unless he's putting money in with his communion cash

This is definitely the bitterest rivalry we have and I love it, reminds me of Argentina back in the ROG/Contepomi days except Wales don't have any bona fide ledgebags like him which makes them far worse!

Bit of rain never hurt anyone

I dunno, I got soaked watching football in Albania in November. I'm still not completely sure if I've dried out yet...

Roof stuff is all mind games, not all that sure that it's in Ireland's best interest for it to be wet rather than dry, but oh well we'll see!

This is definitely the bitterest rivalry we have and I love it, reminds me of Argentina back in the ROG/Contepomi days except Wales don't have any bona fide ledgebags like him which makes them far worse!

You're only saying that coz he played for Leinster... AWJ is a full on ledgebag and you bloody know it.

Also Navidi, because his hair is epic.

If the field's wet the pack will have to grind hard, I give the edge to Ireland then. If it's gonna be a quicker game Wales will take it. Go Ireland.....

I dunno, I got soaked watching football in Albania in November. I'm still not completely sure if I've dried out yet...

Roof stuff is all mind games, not all that sure that it's in Ireland's best interest for it to be wet rather than dry, but oh well we'll see!

You're only saying that coz he played for Leinster... AWJ is a full on ledgebag and you bloody know it.

Also Navidi, because his hair is epic.
I refuse to say anything negative about AWJ but you can't be a ledgebag (And therefore added to the registrar of BMs) unless you called the RDS home at some stage, its just the rules!

I refuse to say anything negative about AWJ but you can't be a ledgebag (And therefore added to the registrar of BMs) unless you called the RDS home at some stage, its just the rules!

Considering it's an Irish term (I assume anyway), I'll give you it this time...

In return can we have the Grandslam? K thanks.

Latest posts