• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] England vs France (10/02/2019)

Wales don't know how to lose.
Games played against a top 3 country in the last year 2 numbers of loses

Can't lose if you play **** teams.....

Nah, stick Cuthbert there

Grandslam is 5 bonus points, I think, so it's impossible to come 2nd with one.
So if a team got 4 wins 5 TBP 1LBP makes 22 points
Grandslam = 3 points meaning 5 wins(no BPs) + GS = 23 points

Can england be the first to get the GS with 5 TBP. 28points.

Great win, and backed up last weeks performance with another as strong. Shows its a style not a one off. When the game is won though we shpuld have gone for the throat, played ball in hand, more posession less kicking. See what they can do with a plan B in attack when kicking isnt working. May is in the form of his life(and won me £92 :) ). Robson didnt get much chance to show his skills but but in some good tackles that must have impressed EJ

This wales team have the backs to hurt us and the back row is decent. But they havnt had the attack these first 2 rounds. Got gifted 14 points pretty much so being marginally better the rest of the time was enough. Then v italy a changed side but still dont have that attacking threat that them players shpuld deliver. So im not overly worried on about Wales as our defence is our strength and attack comes from forcing their hands.

V Wales replace ashton with nowell and Big Joe on the bench. Bring back Genge and Williams. But the rest ths same.

Vs italy i want to see a second team with one hell of a bench. Meaning LCD mako sinkler lawes billy youngs ford may.(start Faz manu slade) Give a second team a chance to carry out the same game plan with out some of the firepower then bring on as amd when needed, give us a insight into the team without these but also a safety net to secure the win and BP. This rests players slightly allowing us a first team v scotland where most of the power in the team only played 20min the week before meaning rhey basicly have 3 weeks minimal rugby before the final round.

I hope Mako is fit for the Wales game. If not Genge has to start.
Nowell in for Ashton and Big Joe on the bench.
Wouldn't change anyone else, including Cole. His experience off the bench could be handy.

Immensely satisfying win today but like Scotland v Ireland, the 2nd half didn't live up to the first.
France need a new head coach who will pick players in their correct positions and be more tactically aware.
They have some good individuals, but guys like Parra need to be dumped. His time is over.

I think that May , Wilson and Lawes were all great but Curry was the stand out for me - we have found a proper open side at last - Underhill will struggle to make it back into the team if he continues playing like that

2tcclb.jpg

All seems surprisingly negative on here tbh.

Game over at half time, 14-0 and never in trouble in the 2nd half.
I know France are a bit **** but what more can you ask?

I always fear the welsh in Cardiff but we couldn't ask for better circumstances really.

And if Mako isn't fit, I'd take Moon over Genge tbh. Love Genge but Moon's form and temperament wins out for me atm.

All seems surprisingly negative on here tbh.

Game over at half time, 14-0 and never in trouble in the 2nd half.
I know France are a bit **** but what more can you ask?

I always fear the welsh in Cardiff but we couldn't ask for better circumstances really.

And if Mako isn't fit, I'd take Moon over Genge tbh. Love Genge but Moon's form and temperament wins out for me atm.
Moon over genge is perfectly logical but for me Genge has alot of potential. Him and sinks to start will be invaluable to his development and have moon as a solid replacment. I want mako sinks /genge williams as out world cup prop combos with moon cole as 3rd choice. C9le v williams is not the debate im having btw. Genge needs all the game time he can get.

For anyone still confused, there is no way a grand slam winner can not win the tournament.

I can't remember the exact maths, but it doesn't matter - when bonus points were brought in, the "Grand Slam Bonus" was calculated to be exactly the amount that guaranteed that no team that had lost a game could overtake a team who won every game, even in the situation that the slam winner had picked up zero bonus points and the other team had picked up the maximum

It's amazing to think Mark Wilson probably wouldn't be playing for England except for Injuries to Hughes and Vunipola in the Autumn, and potentially not playing at 6 except for an injury to Shields. But he has made himself an absolute mainstay, his dirty work is exceptional, he's sound over the ball and gets around, his rucking clear outs is brilliant and he's a good carrier too. Him and Tom Curry are becoming vital to the England defence, and I'd say even Underhill, despite his magnificence in the Autumn, will be at best on the bench unless there's an injury

French press ripping into the national team calling for a load of the under 20s to come in and replace some of the senior players. One headline reads "Waterloo"

The changes they need are not in the players but in the conditioning and coaching staff and perhaps a few stubborn French attitudes. James Haskell was talking about this in a pod cast last week. They bring in some overseas coaches who fall out with the players then there is a clamour for French coaches to come back in and play the "French way" only for that to fail and a clamour of something completely different. It reminds me of the England soccer team during the so called golden generation era.

Couple of really good wins. Particularly enjoying the obvious adherence and total team buy-in to a way of playing and strategy - especially one that optimises the character of our leading players. That being said, I am starting to get irritated by the on-field petulance of some players.

When Sarries first brought in the constant whooping and back slapping and cheering in peoples faces, it didn't sit overly well with me, even as a fan. I bottled it up and got on with it because we were winning a lot and because it genuinely did seem to give us an edge. Plus the players who were doing it did seem to also be committed, physical and honourable when it mattered (Itoje, George, Farrell - I know some may debate this).

However, much as I think he's a good player, Kyle Sinckler's actions yesterday crossed the line for me. His constant chatter and OTT screaming is annoying but ultimately forgivable, especially as some of it is quite funny. The head slap was unnecessary, could have been a yellow and could cost us against better opposition. The worst though, was the immature and disrespectful way he reacted to Nigel Owens after getting away with a stupid offence. The fact that he had a tantrum, had to be calmed down by Farrell before approaching the ref, then tried to interrupt Owens, wouldn't make eye-contact and then had to be told to look up by Farrell was reminiscent of a 6 year old being reprimanded at a parents evening, not a 25 year-old international rugby player. The lad needs to grow up and show a bit of respect for the values of a sport that is much bigger than him. If he doesn't I hope Moriarty or Wyn Jones absolutely take his head off in Cardiff (England still win though obvs).

Rant over.

Couple of really good wins. Particularly enjoying the obvious adherence and total team buy-in to a way of playing and strategy - especially one that optimises the character of our leading players. That being said, I am starting to get irritated by the on-field petulance of some players.

When Sarries first brought in the constant whooping and back slapping and cheering in peoples faces, it didn't sit overly well with me, even as a fan. I bottled it up and got on with it because we were winning a lot and because it genuinely did seem to give us an edge. Plus the players who were doing it did seem to also be committed, physical and honourable when it mattered (Itoje, George, Farrell - I know some may debate this).

However, much as I think he's a good player, Kyle Sinckler's actions yesterday crossed the line for me. His constant chatter and OTT screaming is annoying but ultimately forgivable, especially as some of it is quite funny. The head slap was unnecessary, could have been a yellow and could cost us against better opposition. The worst though, was the immature and disrespectful way he reacted to Nigel Owens after getting away with a stupid offence. The fact that he had a tantrum, had to be calmed down by Farrell before approaching the ref, then tried to interrupt Owens, wouldn't make eye-contact and then had to be told to look up by Farrell was reminiscent of a 6 year old being reprimanded at a parents evening, not a 25 year-old international rugby player. The lad needs to grow up and show a bit of respect for the values of a sport that is much bigger than him. If he doesn't I hope Moriarty or Wyn Jones absolutely take his head off in Cardiff (England still win though obvs).

Rant over.

To be honest I like it when England are a bit spiky and petulant. Remember Martin Johnson being a lot worse than anything Kyle Sinkler has every been and he was loved for it. Like a bit of biff and its an alpha male game at that level

To be honest I like it when England are a bit spiky and petulant. Remember Martin Johnson being a lot worse than anything Kyle Sinkler has every been and he was loved for it. Like a bit of biff and its an alpha male game at that level
Yeah to a degree but Sinckler's attitude yesterday was not one that's ever going to count in his favour. That could easily cost us a crucial game

Yeah to a degree but Sinckler's attitude yesterday was not one that's ever going to count in his favour. That could easily cost us a crucial game

Think your being a bit harsh, hes a front row forward who's personality makes him what he is. if he changed that just to suit a few "oh we dont like that sort of thing" types then he becomes a less effective player. No one seems to worry about POM calling him a F-u-c-k-i-n-g c-u-n-t last week but he pulls a scrum cap and all of sudden he needs to grow up/change his attitude etc etc.

I like his attitude, Ellis Genge is similar and they will hopefully propping the England scrum up for many years.

Latest posts