• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 6: Argentina v Australia (07/10/2018)

Ugh. In the grand scheme of things that loss doesn't mean all that much, but the Pumas have to become more ruthless if they are to do anything at the RWC. Capitulation at home is inexcusable.

Cheika again showing his ability to wring out the maximum from his players in difficult circumstances. He clearly hasn't lost the dressing room. I think he ticks every box as a coach (other than media relations - which isn't all that important).

sam cane fractured neck, which is pretty scary. I'm surprised the medical team let him walk off the park, but when he did he looked pretty crook. he's now going to miss the EOtYT - here's hoping we can call up Matt Todd, he'd be my first name on the teamsheet without Cane.

Mate the Irish are one of our biggests if not the greatest threat in Europe NZ faces.....if i'm not mistaken they're 6 Nations champs,,,defending European Champions Cup champs with Leinster...Pro 14 Champs with Leinster...they have awesome depth all over the park so not to be taken lightly.
Former Chiefs Bundy Aki and James Lowe are doing fantastically well over there as well;... so it can't be long before we see Lowe joining Aki in an Irish jersey surely..

Former Chief and NZ U20s player Rhys Marshall another one that would'nt look too out of place in the Irish jersey.
Ok, thanks for answering that for Alpha Bro. I don't follow much club rugby in the NH so very impressive.

The only thing I remember from the Irish rugby team in the past year is their close fought tests against the Wallabies. They were pretty much level if were being honest. I also think they lost to the Wallabies if I recall correctly.

What do you mean by 'one of our'? You mean a threat to France?

sam cane fractured neck, which is pretty scary. I'm surprised the medical team let him walk off the park, but when he did he looked pretty crook. he's now going to miss the EOtYT - here's hoping we can call up Matt Todd, he'd be my first name on the teamsheet without Cane.
He didn't exhibit any symptoms of a spinal injury and got up unassisted, plus the break didn't do any nerve damage. Without a scan there wouldn't have been any reason to think it was anything more than muscular.

Ok, thanks for answering that for Alpha Bro. I don't follow much club rugby in the NH so very impressive.

The only thing I remember from the Irish rugby team in the past year is their close fought tests against the Wallabies. They were pretty much level if were being honest. I also think they lost to the Wallabies if I recall correctly.

What do you mean by 'one of our'? You mean a threat to France?
Ireland will be even more dangerous wih James Lowe and i think he qualifies next year in time for the RWC?? Going by Lowe's current deadly form for Leinster Hansen will be kicking himself for letting him go. Irish centre Bundy Aki instrumental in the Chiefs Super Rugby ***les another homegrown player that almost made the ABs as well. Arguably a better centre than some of the ones we've got. Theses are the types of players that can come back and bite us in the butt.

I 'm not sure if you rate England either or not but It would be arrogant to think we are'nt threatened by a number of NH teams. England is evolving in to a real threat with plenty of depth and write off the wily Eddie Jones as a clown at your peril. At the end of the day sport is unpredictable by nature- try taking a multibet on all the favourite teams to win and you'll lose almost everytime.

Rotation can also bite you in the butt, albeit a necessary evil resting key players through big tournaments.... rotate at your peril - see what happened with SA vs Japan in 2015 - they are now making a movie of that .. More recently NZ vs SA in Wellington -Rotation can be a killer.
Plenty can trip teams up so i don;t think we can get complacent or too cocky especially if we don't even know the enemy.

images

Last edited:
Ireland will be even more dangerous wih James Lowe and i think he qualifies next year in time for the RWC?? Going by Lowe's current deadly form for Leinster Hansen will be kicking himself for letting him go. Irish centre Bundy Aki instrumental in the Chiefs Super Rugby ***les another homegrown player that almost made the ABs as well. Arguably a better centre than some of the ones we've got. Theses are the types of players that can come back and bite us in the butt.

I 'm not sure if you rate England either or not but It would be arrogant to think we are'nt threatened by a number of NH teams. England is evolving in to a real threat with plenty of depth and write off the wily Eddie Jones as a clown at your peril. At the end of the day sport is unpredictable by nature- try taking a multibet on all the favourite teams to win and you'll lose almost everytime.

Rotation can also bite you in the butt, albeit a necessary evil resting key players through big tournaments.... rotate at your peril - see what happened with SA vs Japan in 2015 - they are now making a movie of that .. More recently NZ vs SA in Wellington -Rotation can be a killer.
Plenty can trip teams up so i don;t think we can get complacent or too cocky especially if we don't even know the enemy.

images
I don't give a fuk about all the New Zealanders making Ireland great, thats their choice and I wish them all the best. Knowing the enemy is what the All Black coaches do better than you and me.

We would have won that game in Wellington had we just taken and easy drop goal right in front but instead we went for a try. We have the depth to rotate players and still do well. Some countries don't. For example, say Ireland lose Conor Murray, Johnny Sexton and Bundee Aki to injury, who comes up? key word there is 'who', who are you? We have the depth, we lose Beauden, Mounga or Dmac comes on etc etc...

If you read my other posts, I've mentioned England as being like the Boks. No matter how crap they look, they always do their best to look good against us. I know Englands good.

I've actually had some big wins of multibets but I know what youre saying in that its hard.

So you're a kiwi...interesting.

I We have the depth to rotate players and still do well. Some countries don't. For example, say Ireland lose Conor Murray, Johnny Sexton and Bundee Aki to injury, who comes up? key word there is 'who', who are you? We have the depth, we lose Beauden, Mounga or Dmac comes on etc etc...

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. Ireland have depth in spades. If Sexton is out most likely Carbery born in NZ will replace him.
They have insane depth and if Jordie Barret is your idea of great NZ depth then i would beg to differ. Our backrow for example is on thin ice with Cane out Squire out, Read resting his back for extended periods and missing games.
Crotty and SBW constantly injured another case in point.
Then there's the second row. How much less dominate have we been without Retallick. Our depth of quality players is not that great if we're being honest. We are vulnerable when injuries come knocking and injuries will always factor.

Andl regardless of what you think of the Kiwis in the Irish team they could be the death of us. How close was James Lowe to being named as an AB. We chose Naholo instead but Waisake has been average of late so was letting Lowe go a big mistake is the question. Meanwhile James Lowe is currently setting Europe on fire.

Assumption is the mother of all fuckups. Ireland have depth in spades. If Sexton is out most likely Carbery born in NZ will replace him.
They have insane depth and if Jordie Barret is your idea of great NZ depth then i would beg to differ. Our backrow for example is on thin ice with Cane out Squire out, Read resting his back for extended periods and missing games.
Then there's the second row. How much less dominate have we been without Retallick. Our depth of quality players is not that great if we're being honest. We are vulnerable when injuries come knocking and injuries will always factor.

Andl regardless of what you think of the Kiwis in the Irish team they could be the death of us. How close was James Lowe to being named as an AB. We chose Naholo instead but Waisake has been average of late so was letting Lowe go a big mistake is the question. Meanwhile James Lowe is currently setting Europe on fire.
Yeah yeah yeah Irelands level with Australia IMO and I have good reason to believe that. Three very close games against Australia which included a loss to Australia. We havent loss to Australia and we beat them quite easily in our first two games and the last one was very close but yeah we didnt lose to them.

Leave the 'assumptions' and that to Hansen. You can worry about it but Im not stressing about it. I dont think many real kiwis aren't :) its all good man. Enjoy the sunny days.

Leave the 'assumptions' and that to Hansen. You can worry about it but Im not stressing about it. I dont think many real kiwis aren't :) its all good man. Enjoy the sunny days.
I dont think many real kiwis aren't haha... classic

images

Starting Carbery was the reason they lost to Aus in the first test.

I dont think many real kiwis aren't haha... classic

images
Some of us kiwi aren't as worried as you are. Why should we be worried, we won our latest test. You say you're a kiwi but you seem extremely worried lol. Your worried posts don't suit your casual DiCaprio meme, that actually suits me lol. Im the relaxed one obviously. Like I told you before - enjoy the sunny days lol.

Oh and when you type aren't, don't type it are'nt, its aren't. Cheers, just like in your classy meme ;)

Last edited:
Not all Kiwis think like you that Pro 14 is a French competition either...many know enough about Irish rugby to respect the Irish and know what damage players like Stockdale can do. I am looking forward to the November Internationals. Whoever wins will get the psychological advantage ahead of the RWC. But there is no guarantees we will win despite what blowhards like you might think..
See you can spin Ireland negatively if you want but a first ever series win away against one of SH big guns Australia in 39 years was the cherry on the top of a long season for Irish rugby....no mean feat winning a series away from home either...that after winning their third Grand Slam, a clean sweep , Triple Crown, Leinsters European Champions Cup and Pro 14 double....they will be formidable at home...

You are talking about the Argentina vs AUs game in the SA vs NZ thread and talking about NZ and their European players in this thread, which is wrong. Thats why the world has labels, to make you understand what its for... @All Black , @Carlito .

Its sad that Argentina lost, i had them as my winners on Superbru, along with the Springboks, my knowledge of rugby will soon be questioned by those closest to me if these failed predictions continue :D

You are talking about the Argentina vs AUs game in the SA vs NZ thread and talking about NZ and their European players in this thread, which is wrong. Thats why the world has labels, to make you understand what its for... @All Black , @Carlito .

Its sad that Argentina lost, i had them as my winners on Superbru, along with the Springboks, my knowledge of rugby will soon be questioned by those closest to me if these failed predictions continue :D
Yeah fair enough and apologies. I wasn't sure about the policy on derailing threads as I brought this issue up just last week when another poster wanted to talk more about me than the actual thread topic! So since he was allowed to do it, I thought it was ok for me. All good. Ill respect the thread.

He didn't exhibit any symptoms of a spinal injury and got up unassisted, plus the break didn't do any nerve damage. Without a scan there wouldn't have been any reason to think it was anything more than muscular.

whoops sorry I posted this news in the wrong thread, yeah he did look buggered when he walked off though

You just missed out. Like literally just.

No one should question your ability to pick out winners based on that.

Latest posts