• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 November Tests] Ireland vs New Zealand (17/11/18)

Brilliant by ireland - dominated the game

Shows the rest of the world that if you have a good ref that stops all the normal new zealand cheating that they are well beatable

Now the buzz will start. Joe Schmidt learnt a hell of a lot.

Front row. Healy and Furlong were unbelievable. Best struggled at times. Is their for leadership now.
2nd row. Toner justified his call and Ryan was Ryan.
Peter O'Mahony I think can't be questioned as a 6 anymore. What he brings is different to.any other 6 we have and he is our best 6 by a distance. Always produces in big games.
Van Der Flier is my perfect example of Beirne scenario. Everyone fit today. He doesn't make 23. Everyone fit tomorrow he is the #1 7 now.
Stander was immense and did the hard yards.
As a trio they were balance and excellent.

Marmion was very good. And nailed down 21 jersey I feel. McGrath did nothing wrong either.
Sexton is a warrior no need to say more.
Centres were very good. Special mention for Aki.

And well that back 3 were superb. Earls is the best winger in those outside trams to create space and get over gainline. Stockdale is a poacher and a top tip 1 at that.
RK did all he had to do. I've learnt he won't be Usain Bolt down the pitch but his organisation was missed when he departed and he was safe all day

Our back row played them off the pitch. Savea, Squire and Barrett wouldn't make our 23.

Truly though, that was awesome. Ireland bringing life back to Union competition.

Never seen NZ lose like that this side of 2000.

Bugger, felt we were the better team, I'd back us to win in Japan vs them though.

Thought the booing crowd was classless as well as the Irish commentary.

But, the players on the field performed well, credit to their efforts.
I was impressed by their flankers, Stander had a good game.
Their defence was great, expected since they're at home and never beaten the All Blacks there before and this is their best team ever and likely one of our worst in over a decade.

Blindside is hurting us and handling errors. Also I think the leadership isn't there. Read is a great 2nd Lt, but an awful Capt.
Wounds will be licked, players will be wrapt in cotton wool, as they will have to be before the netx RWC and I expect us to win the next meeting, whenever that shall be.

Can't wait to thrash you green pricks next time.

Bugger, felt we were the better team, I'd back us to win in Japan vs them though.

Their defence was great, expected since they're at home and never beaten the All Blacks there before and this is their best team ever and likely one of our worst in over a decade.

Blindside is hurting us and handling errors. Also I think the leadership isn't there. Read is a great 2nd Lt, but an awful Capt.
Wounds will be licked, players will be wrapt in cotton wool, as they will have to be before the netx RWC and I expect us to win the next meeting, whenever that shall be.

All Blacks weren't the better team man, you gotta accept that. Even I do.

The commentary was borderline as bad as Australian commentary.

I also don't think they'll be much of a threat in Japan. They've given away far too many of their set-plays and don't have the depth.

Congratulations Ireland, good win. Better team for most of the match and took the opportunity to score when they got it.

A few blown chances by the All Blacks, normally see them converted to points but dropped balls and passing back to Ireland just cost us. Disappointing to end the season on a loss but only dropping 2 games all season is still something to proud of. Looking forward to having Ireland come and play in New Zealand and see if they can back it up there.

Boooooooooo

Disagree, I felt we controlled a lot of the game great. Better than what we usually do funnily enough.

They weren't in the game in the 2nd half, only during the start.

I think we might need to review our centre pairing too. I know you spoke highly of them but I always trusted in Hansens reasons for picking SBW. Im not saying Sonny is the answer. Sometimes what looks so good like Crotty/Goodhue doesnt always work out well. Lets not forget that Irish pressure they put on our centres.

Great job Ireland. The All Blacks were ripe for the picking and well done on getting the job done. They never quite could settle into the match. Thought you'd screwed it up when you kicked the ball away with like 90 seconds left on the clock.
What other coach can say they've 50% win rate vs NZ
Rassie Erasmus

Latest posts