• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 5: Sunwolves vs. Stormers

Pretty much as expected. A close game but very loose and very scrappy. I'm surprised by how poor we were at the line-out and the Sunwolves held up well in the scrums as well. Guess we missed Etzebeth and Du Toit more than I'd have imagined. Happy enough for the win but was hoping for a bonus point no offense to the 'Wolves who held up well for longer than I'd have thought.

Difficult to take much out of the match.

bugger, really hoping they would get up for a win there.

I dont think it would work having them in the Aus conference either, I really think it was a mistake expanding Super Rugby to include a Japanese team and South American team.

None the less they are fun to watch!

Don't disagree with that I wonder if having them in say an ITM cup comp might have been better.

Don't disagree with that I wonder if having them in say an ITM cup comp might have been better.

Yes, that might have made more sense, too good for the NRC, but Mitre 10 would be about the right level for them currently.

Not sure how that would work with travel. Unless they're to be based in Auckland. Heck, Auckland is already one third Asian now anyway.

Sunwolves have been respectable in the past three fixtures considering they essentially went back to square one at the start of the season with both coaching and squad. Show me a team that does that each year and has more travel than any of its competitors that doesn't really struggle. They may be bottom of the standings, but they are doing okay in their own unique circumstances.

Latest posts