• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 4: Bulls vs. Sunwolves (17/03/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

140401043934749262.png
Versus%20Super.png
OrULMIN.png

Venue: Loftus Versfeld
Time: 19:00 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Teams

Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jan Serfontein, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Handre Pollard (captain), 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Renaldo Bothma, 6 Ruan Steenkamp, 6 Lood de Jager, 5 Jason Jenkins, 4 Trevor Nyakane, 3 Edgar Marutlulle, 2 Pierre Schoeman

Substitutes: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Lizo Gqoboko, 18 Jacobie Adriaanse, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Jannes Kirsten, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Jesse Kriel

Sunwolves: TBA

Last edited:
LOL.

Much as I'd love more misery to be heaped on the Bulls they'll take this one. Surely?

So Nollis Marais has made the changes I was hoping for. And glad to see some of the injured stars back in the fold.

Interestingly enough, I'm the most keen on seeing what Iwan van Zyl can do when comes on. He caught my eye during last year's Currie Cup

Sunwolves defense is getting better. I am sure that they can get 11 points or better (last season 9 points).

I want to see the Bulls play ball in hand. They have the backline to do so. I just think they need a more mobile pack as a whole. More balanced at least. Where is Shaun Adendorf for instance? His pace to the breakdown and in cover defense for the loosies should add a lot of value.

I want to see the Bulls scrum like they did 20 years ago. The backline will always look bad if the forwards are running backwards. We need a front row.

I want to see the Bulls play ball in hand. They have the backline to do so. I just think they need a more mobile pack as a whole. More balanced at least. Where is Shaun Adendorf for instance? His pace to the breakdown and in cover defense for the loosies should add a lot of value.

Adendorff is still injured. But Steenkamp is a much better fetcher than Adendorff. He's a real mongrel. If the Bulls use him correctly, especially against the Sunwolves, The Bulls will win a lot of ball and attack.

With Marutlule starting, our pack is also a bit more mobile than the previous 2 games.

and here the Bulls season will take shape, team way more balanced now

We're in March and we already have the missed try of the year. What was that?

Better effort from the Sunwolves. I imagine the Bulls will be rather concerned about the way they were opened up at times. Better teams would have dusted them.

Good to see the Sunwolves only three points down at the half I think? Another credible performance in a difficult season and another result to make me think I was too negative about the new coach.

I hope the rumours are true of them getting aligned with the Oz conference. This would significantly cut down on their travel and mean Japanese fans can actually watch their team play on TV at peak viewing times.

Latest posts