• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (12/03/2017)

I think RoG and O'Driscoll were a little out of order when they suggested the Scotland camp were a bit mouthy before the Ireland game but it feels like just about every player and member of coaching staff (barring Vern) has had an opinion on this weekends game. They'd be better served focussing on their training and gameplan than flouncing about in the media. No harm done but it is at least five articles this week from within the camp saying Scotland are good enough to win, the pressure is on England Etc.

You have to understand how easy it is to trigger the Irish. Unless you bend down on one knee and pay homage to the greatness of Irish rugby they get upset

Yep if England win they go to 17 points, Ireland and France (assuming they get the bonus point against Italy) have 10 points with 1 game left.

I really hope I'm wrong but just can't get away from the feeling that there's a perfect storm brewing here.

Scotland not won in, what, 34 years at Twickenham.
England going for a record of straight wins.

Doesn't that just sound like it's lined up for a massive upset?

With england on 13 and scotland on 9 the if we lose tomorrow taking it to 13 all then it comws down to the final round between england and scotland yet scotland will prob get a bonus point agaonst italy,
so we need least a losing bonus point against scotland and a try bonus point against ireland putting us at 19 and scotland at 18 if we fail to get either of them bonus points then its down to point diff amd i rate scots to smash italy.

I thing england have this one down, our fwds bench so strong then care teo watson all danger men, dont think scots will handle the last 30 down to our depth, no disrespect to a strong team who have earnt a shot at the triple crown amd championship .

I really hope I'm wrong but just can't get away from the feeling that there's a perfect storm brewing here.

I've read that about Scotland a few times, when they've travelled to Twickenham on the back of a couple of good wins and they've been summarily flogged. I think they'll be up for this game, but they don't like playing England at Twickenham and England would have to be pretty poor to lose this.

Last edited:
I think it comes down to how well we (Scotland) can limit the scrum time. We did against Ireland and won, didn't against France and lost.

Thus, we need to limit our handling errors and penalties for a full 80mins. If we can do that, and can get the ball out past 10, then we certainly have a chance. It's not looking like it'll rain so there's scope for an open game with good ground for running. England I think are still 15+ favourites but I live in hope!

It really does, doesn't it ... I think it's going to be a cracking game.

I think it will be close game, but I think our bench will be the difference.

I'm hoping for Scotland to go on to the win the whole thing but I think people are over-estimating them a little bit, no offense Scots. They are becoming a solid home team but I really don't think they have it in them yet to win big away games like this. It's looking England are gonna have it in the bag by 6pm today. From an Irish perspective all I can hope for now is a top-class performance against England, when we have but pride to play for.

Scotland will be more charged up and accurate than they were against France but it won't be enough to seal the deal. I'm going for England by about 10, with England's superior bench seeing them out in the last quarter.

Never heard of this " famous " person - assume he must be yet another Southron " hero "- " unproclaimed beyond the promised land " !!

an 80s cricketer; famously neckless.
01AS-UVZ9.jpg