• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: Wales vs England (11/02/2017)

I'd presume, seeing as there are winners and losers, and that's what the score is for (literally determining the team that is better at playing the sport according to the laws), it's pretty clear what the definition of better is...

Okay contrary to popular belief I do understand what the scoreboard is for, however the phrase "the best team lost
" is a phrase that gets shouted about quite a bit .

How were we more clinical even? We blew multiple chances, far better chances than the Daly try too.
You were more clinical in areas where it counted, your substitions and the way you closed out and won the match was very clinical whereas Wales had chances but fluffed attacking lineouts also our substitions were poorly judged and badly timed.

Christ. We're dragging this out a little. Can someone start the game threads for this week so we can move on..

But, all this talk of Wales being the better team and dominating England. I really don't see it. The possession and territory stats point to a very equal game. And the amount of tackles Wales had to make compared to England show that England had a slight edge with ball in hand. We missed more tackles, and blew some good chances but I really don't think Wales were the better team.

It was the most equal game I've seen in a long time. And England took their chances.

Wales England
50% Possession 50%
52% Territory 48%
2 (1) Scrums won (lost) 7 (0)
8 (1) Line-outs won (lost) 9 (0)
10 Pens conceded 6
122 (2) Rucks/mauls won (lost) 113 (5)
19 Kicks from hand 24
181 (16) Tackles made (missed) 127 (18)
328 Metres made 376
4 Offloads 12
8 Line breaks 6

Christ. We're dragging this out a little. Can someone start the game threads for this week so we can move on..

But, all this talk of Wales being the better team and dominating England. I really don't see it. The possession and territory stats point to a very equal game. And the amount of tackles Wales had to make compared to England show that England had a slight edge with ball in hand. We missed more tackles, and blew some good chances but I really don't think Wales were the better team.

It was the most equal game I've seen in a long time. And England took their chances.

Wales England
50% Possession 50%
52% Territory 48%
2 (1) Scrums won (lost) 7 (0)
8 (1) Line-outs won (lost) 9 (0)
10 Pens conceded 6
122 (2) Rucks/mauls won (lost) 113 (5)
19 Kicks from hand 24
181 (16) Tackles made (missed) 127 (18)
328 Metres made 376
4 Offloads 12
8 Line breaks 6

Yep , I agree with this time to move on

It's all about 'On The Day'.
If you win 'on the day' your team was the better team.
The other team may have played very well and missed opportunities, but your team took them so they won in the end as they were the better team 'on the day'.

It's cool to lament missed chances etc but there's no point to carry on about it.
England won the game, by 5 clear points, away from home, thats a deserved victory in my book and the losers played well, they played strong but when they had long periods of sustained pressure they did not turn it into points. Rob Howelly? made some exceedingly poor bench choices (so bad you have to wonder if he's on the take). The game stayed close and England jumped on their opportunity late in the peace and nailed it.

Enjoyable game to watch for the neutral. Great spirit from both teams. My MotM by a mile was Nathan Hughes. He just kept going to the well and making ground.

Latest posts