• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: Wales vs England (11/02/2017)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
6Nations.jpg

Wales.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
England.png

Venue:Millenniumm Stadium
Time: 16:50 GMT

Bloody nervous for this game! I'm not going to predict anything.

Nor me. Guess I just clutch at the fact we've got the winning habit. And I s'pose we beat an improving French team while Wales struggled against a rubbish Italian side and Wales are coached by Howley.....actually it should be a cakewalk!

Always my favourite 6N fixture. A win in Cardiff would set us up very nicely for the rest of the tournament, but I'm really not putting any money on it. EJ has a couple of interesting calls to make in the back 5 of the pack. I think he'll leave the backs alone, but there has to be a Teo shaped temptation.

Could be a low scoring afair but this match up is always interesting. in all honesty i expect England to be too much for us. Nothing i have seen in the past year makes me believe we can win this match. Heart always says wales, but my head says England

THe last few times we've met I've not fancied our chances, however it has remained close. That's all I'm hoping for.

Six Nations 2017: Gareth Southgate joins England camp before Wales game
http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/38901737

Brilliant. So Southgate can psych England up by telling us how to miss penalties? I don't know why this stuff happens.
"Look lads the Cricket team is ****, Rugby League is only supported by weird northerners and the less said about the Football team since I missed that penalty the better. So go out there and win the game our sport supporting countrymen need some cheering and you're the only ones capable of doing it!"

"Look lads the Cricket team is ****, Rugby League is only supported by weird northerners and the less said about the Football team since I missed that penalty the better. So go out there and win the game our sport supporting countrymen need some cheering and you're the only ones capable of doing it!"

Hold on, maybe it's cleverer than that and he's being brought in as a warning: don't be that guy, lads.

It certainly won't be easy but I'm pretty optimistic tbh.

Last Saturday we had 3 forwards with no recent rugby and one playing out of position. Plus (and I don't know why this is) nobody seems to have given France any credit - they came at us and played pretty well.

I don't know if it will be enough as Wales are a dangerous side who always turn it on against England but we have the winning habit and I'd expect a big improvement from the England side.

Besides, we are going to lose at some point - if that happens to be on Saturday then so be it.

Are we expecting Wales to kick alot? Because a back three of Nowell, Daly and Brown are all very adept at fullback.
Haskell and Clifford would make 2 very good flankers, still don't know if Clifford and Itoje compete at the breakdown enough for Wales two Opensides though.
I'm really seeing a Wales win here, don't want to but it's just a feeling.

As an relatively impartial spectator to this match I can't see anything but a decisive English win. As someone said above there's nothing Wales have done in the past year to show they can beat England, who on the other hand, have done everything the past year to prove that they are a quality side.

England being Wales' biggest rival, and it being at home, I expect a contest, one which Wales will not give up easy. But I think England are just too classy for a Gatland-less, stagnant Wales side at the moment. I really hope I'm wrong, I'd love for Wales to beat England in a fit of raw passion and as of yet untapped skill. But I just don't see it happening.

England by about 10.

It's hard to be too optimistic when sizing up a very strong England side. As always just hoping for a good competitive game that I can be proud of no matter the result. Of course, the result would be bloody fantastic though! A win would certainly throw a spanner in the works when it comes to Lions selections, once again!

I'm expecting Biggar not to play. Even though he's up there with Laidlaw as footballer wannabe, I actually think he improves Wales. He puts his body on the line in defence, very good tactical kicker and pretty good off the tee. I prefer Halfpenny in the team as he keeps Williams away from full back.

What odds on JJ getting an intercept try off of Sam Davies?
I really rate Davies but he's show that he's rattled under pressure at this level, so if we target him he's gonna be making some very questionable playmaking decisions.

Latest posts