• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sharks vs. Crusaders (Round 5) 26/03/2016

Guess here is where we disagree. I cant think of another team being outplayed yet managing not to lose consistently. They are the only undefeated team in the competition and they haven't had the easiest draw so far.

Agree to disagree.

Agree

We'll talk after the end of this game.

You can't win games forever like this, especially when you go on tour.

The Cursaders backline barring Nadolo is pitiful. Crotty is not an All Black IMO, Matt Todd is. Crusaders with one of the best packs in the competition with probably the worst NZ conference backline.

Sharks have no chance vs more clinical backlines on tour in my opinion. Their set pieces aren't good enough either, really a team hanging on so far.

Really the Crusaders pack + Nadolo have won this game and the rest of the Crusaders backline has nearly lost it. The Sharks haven't even mounted a proper attack all game, incredible, this scrum might be their last chance at mounting an attack.

The Sharks are going to get destroyed on tour vs clinical backlines. I think the Lions will top that conference, them and the Stormers look the best.

EDIT: Actually looking at the draw, the Sharks get the Kings twice this season and only real opposition they face is The Chiefs and Highlanders away and the Lions twice, home and away.

Rest of the draw is pretty comfortable for them (Cheetahs, Sunwolves), excluding perhaps the Blues in Auckland which might prove a tough fixture.

Last edited:
It would have been a travesty had Sharks won this game. Still Crusaders made hard work of their win, but still never easy to win in SA. I thought Peyper was surprisingly fair to both sides for a SA ref.

I thought the score flattered the Sharks and they were lucky to come away with a bonus point.

Their backs lacked penetration and they constructed nothing... their two tries and the later disallowed try all came from lucky breaks; an intercept, a dropped pass and a fumbled pick-up. Other that those they never looked like scoring.

I thought the Crusaders were easily 25 points better and the tale of the tape backs that up

Carry metres: 205 - 554
Ball carries: 49 - 107
Defenders beaten: 6 - 14
Clean Breaks: 3 - 15
Passes: 52 - 215
Offloads: 2 - 21

Last edited:
The tactical kicking of the crusaders was outstanding. They did not give the sharks a chance to attack and credit to the crusaders for that. This is where Joe Pietersen made me miss Lambies presence. They kept us in our 22 and deserved victory.

I thought the score flattered the Sharks and they were lucky to come away with a bonus point.

Their backs lacked penetration and they constructed nothing... their two tries and the later disallowed try all came from lucky breaks; an intercept, a dropped pass and a fumbled pick-up. Other that those they never looked like scoring.

I thought the Crusaders were easily 25 points better and the tale of the tape backs that up

Carry metres: 205 - 554
Ball carries: 49 - 107
Defenders beaten: 6 - 14
Clean Breaks: 3 - 15
Passes: 52 - 215
Offloads: 2 - 21

Wow those stats are unreal in terms of game balance.

Latest posts