• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Reds vs. Highlanders (Round 7) 09/04/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
...looks like without players like Dixon, Edmonds ,and Ben Smith the Landers are lacking direction and the vital leadership......the Chiefs had the same problem last year when we lost Cruden to injury ...that's how teams fall apart ...

I haven't been this angry in a long time. Instead of scoring two tries, they were disallowed and they get two 3 pointers.

The Reds 7 is getting away with everything in this game. This is shades of the blues game all over again for me.

The Reds 7 is getting away with everything in this game. This is shades of the blues game all over again for me.

Yeah, Jackson is the worst ref in the competition, but he didn't miss all those tackles in the first half.

The Reds are just stalling for time or playing cynical constantly atm. That disallowed try could be incredibly telling by the end of this.

Right, it's on, let's get a few more quick tries, Reds have stopped playing.

The Reds are just stalling for time or playing cynical constantly atm. That disallowed try could be incredibly telling by the end of this.

The disallowed try was unfortunate, but it was the correct call. I can understand the frustration of continued play, but if the TMO wasn't sure of it, rather let the play continue and let it be reviewed and potentially be a try then to stop play and then kill the Highlanders momentum.

You're right about Faddes @austingtir, he's overall had a really good game.

Fekitoa for me has been the absolutely biggest disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can do this, 2 more tries

- - - Updated - - -

Gokomaru tackles him in the air and it's not called... ffs

Im not saying anything unless we win this now.

- - - Updated - - -

We can do this, 2 more tries

- - - Updated - - -

Gokomaru tackles him in the air and it's not called... ffs

I thought that was a pretty spot on tackle on the replay I saw.

We were offside there, but I'll take that, 2 disallowed tries and a shocking performance for Jackson

And to the Chiefs fans, that's the reason why Sopoaga should be an AB, that kicking performance is CLUTCH

...bad luck Landers losing to the wooden spooners...we were hoping NZ teams would do another clean sweep this weekend but not to be...

Way to panicky at the end when they got the ball back by the HL. Pretty deserved win for the Reds. Although bloody disapointing from my perspective. Huge question marks over Glen Jackson as a ref after this game for me.

Last edited:
A real game of two halves there. Not sure what happened to the Highlanders in the first half, their defense was terrible, but they did well to come back in the second and to shut the Reds out for the half. Both teams had tries allowed that they shouldn't have scored so neither team can complain about that, and both Highlanders disallowed tries were correct calls.

Reds seriously need to count themselves lucky that the Highlanders ran out of time in that second half. They completely fell asleep there and need to work on that going forward. Their coach called their poor second half performances at half time and it must have been a nightmare half for them to watch. But credit to them for those last five minutes for controlling posession and territory to keep the Landers back.

The only games we have lost are under Glen Jackson, speaks volumes really. I haven't been this angry in a long time, the standard of officiating is ruining this competition. But at the end of the day that terrible first half cost us the game, the tackling was non-existent. Let's use this as a wake up call and push on, we're a different side with Naholo, Dixon and Smith and missing key guys like Buckman and Edmonds really hurts us.

Technically probably but in reality it was nowhere near as bad as Pococks effort in that previous game. This goes on in every game its just a matter of weather anyone notices it. Which is why I knew as soon as I saw it Glenn was gunna love that one.

1) Technically? You make it sound as if it was some sort of judgement call. He clearly went for the neck, rolled, and held him by applying pressure to the neck. AND he got caught. Again, how is that not a yellow card?

2) Why do you need to bring pocock's incident? No ofense, but that's the equivalent of saying to the judge "Your honour, technically, i killed the guy, but there is this other guy who killed more". It sounds as if you are trying to change the subject by bring up something that is not relevant to this particular incident.
Having said that, since you brought it up, Pocock received a 3 week suspension. Had he been caught, he would have been yellow carded. The highlanders' player was caught, TMO was consulted, and not even a yellow card was given. That double standard is a problem.

I am going to try to give you a word of advice without trying to be condescending. Hope you don't take it the wrong way. When you post stuff like this, you lose credibility.

A real game of two halves there. Not sure what happened to the Highlanders in the first half, their defense was terrible, but they did well to come back in the second and to shut the Reds out for the half. Both teams had tries allowed that they shouldn't have scored so neither team can complain about that, and both Highlanders disallowed tries were correct calls.

Reds seriously need to count themselves lucky that the Highlanders ran out of time in that second half. They completely fell asleep there and need to work on that going forward. Their coach called their poor second half performances at half time and it must have been a nightmare half for them to watch. But credit to them for those last five minutes for controlling posession and territory to keep the Landers back.

If you watched the Blues VS HL game earlier in the season you'll see why the HL supporters on here have serious issues with the guy. The HL were total pants in this game BUT jackson does them absolutly no favours whatsover and appears to be a damn near gauranteed loss for us if he's reffing. Some of the calls and the breakdown control in this game defied belief it was just like the Blues game all over again.

Anybody that come on here trying to say Jackson is anything but a **** ref needs to go watch that blues game then watch this!!!

- - - Updated - - -

1) Technically? You make it sound as if it was some sort of judgement call. He clearly went for the neck, rolled, and held him by applying pressure to the neck. AND he got caught. Again, how is that not a yellow card?

2) Why do you need to bring pocock's incident? No ofense, but that's the equivalent of saying to the judge "Your honour, technically, i killed the guy, but there is this other guy who killed more". It sounds as if you are trying to change the subject by bring up something that is not relevant to this particular incident.
Having said that, since you brought it up, Pocock received a 3 week suspension. Had he been caught, he would have been yellow carded. The highlanders' player was caught, TMO was consulted, and not even a yellow card was given. That double standard is a problem.

I am going to try to give you a word of advice without trying to be condescending. Hope you don't take it the wrong way. When you post stuff like this, you lose credibility.

I couldnt care less iv been saying for years on here rules like this are utter rubbish. I never said it wasnt the correct call due to the current rules did I? And what are you talking about with judgement calls? They wouldnt of had to faffed around looking at the video if it wasnt a judgement call!!!

It had no bearing whatsoever on a try being scored. It should be delt with totally seperate if the play is left to play on. Thats my gripe with this type of BS officiating.

Last edited:
If you watched the Blues VS HL game earlier in the season you'll see why the HL supporters on here have serious issues with the guy. The HL were total pants in this game BUT jackson does them absolutly no favours whatsover and appears to be a damn near gauranteed loss for us if he's reffing. Some of the calls and the breakdown control in this game defied belief it was just like the Blues game all over again.

Anybody that come on here trying to say Jackson is anything but a **** ref needs to go watch that blues game then watch this!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I couldnt care less iv been saying for years on here rules like this are utter rubbish. I never said it wasnt the correct call due to the current rules did I?

It had no bearing whatsoever on a try being scored. It should be delt with totally seperate if the play is left to play on. Thats my gripe with this type of BS officiating.

He was pathetic in the 6 Nations game he had as well, people were spewing, then he jumped on a plane and came and trashed the opening game Blues vs Landers, we've lost 3 in a row with him reffing.

...have to agree, that loss emphasising how vital Ben Smith, Dixon and Naholo were toward the Landers winning last year...and bring back Ryan Tongia...
..reading the comments some are saying Sopoaga had a shocker , others want him to be the AB first five which is a bit contradictory...those two tries will probably guarantee him the understudy role to Cruden all the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts