16. Saia Fainga'a
17. Sef Fa'agase
18. Sam Talakai
19. Ben Matwijow
20. Curtis Browning
21. Scott Gale
22. Sam Greene
23. Ayumu Goromaru

How come the Landers don't roll out Ryan Tongia anymore...he plays left or right wing and FB...and usually good for a try or three but never gets a run...I can only surmise that he is injured?? Love watching him play and in the absence of Naholo the Landers could use a player like him on attack..

Reds at least enjoying consistency in selection and have been on the up (though from a very ow place). They will need to pull out all the stops here. I kinda find myself rooting for them.. is it rooting? Routing? Nothing look right to me ATM.

How come the Landers don't roll out Ryan Tongia anymore...he plays left or right wing and FB...and usually good for a try or three but never gets a run...I can only surmise that he is injured?? Love watching him play and in the absence of Naholo the Landers could use a player like him on attack..

Faddes is pretty awesome and is a local favourite, he's come through the Otago ITM cup team and is a student at the Uni. That said, I'm not sure why we didn't roll him out vs The Rebels, as he played well the previous week vs The Tahs. I like Tongia as well, he scored some epic tries last season, especially vs the Cheetahs and scored a couple of nice ones when the Canes thumped us.

I'm a little on edge even with games like the Reds, who theoretically we should beat reasonably comfortable, but at times we've been flakey in defense and a bit fortuitous on attack which has swung the result in our favour. I definitely have my guard up for this one.

agreed, i'd have him over jack wilson, he played well the other week but thought he had an average ITM season and was not surprised to see him go overseas again.

Joseph can play some weird games with his "fav's", kurt baker being a classic, never really got a shot, the few games he did get he was solid i thought. he was a good fullback and yet joseph played guys like marty and buckman and even emery of my memory serves at fullback over him...very wierd

Landers starting XV:

1. Daniel Lienert-Brown
2. Liam Coltman
3. Siosiua Halanukonuka
4. Mark Reddish
5. Joe Wheeler
6. Luke Whitelock
7. Shane Christie (c)
8. Liam Squire
9. Aaron Smith
10. Lima Sopoaga
11. Pat Osborne
12. Rob Thompson
13. Malakai Fekitoa
14. Jack Wilson
15. Matt Faddes

Replacements:

16. Ash Dixon , 17. Ross Geldenhuys , 18. Josh Hohneck , 19. Tom Franklin , 20. Dan Pryor , 21. Fumiaki Tanaka , 22. Hayden Parker , 23. Jason Emery

Crazy how much better the Reds are. Its actually good to see as it was utter BS how badly they were playing even though I dont like em.

And Faddes is the find of the season for me he's got mad skills. He's been doing a pretty good impression of Bens Smith in the 15 jersey so far in this game.

Jeez im not a fan of this reff at all but the HL are getting skinned and theres no excuse for it really other than commitment. Sopoanga is again having a mid year shocker against an Aussie team like last year!!!

Shocking performance, we've missed something like literally 30 tackles in the first half. Our lack of depth being slightly exposed, Faddes is better on the wing, can't ask him to command a game or defend at 15, really missing Smith and Dixon.

Reminds me of the Brumbies game last season when we "rested" our AB's.

What I said above I only just realised the Reff is Bloody Glenn Jackson..... That explains a LOT!!!! Seriously did a HL player root his mum or something??

It doesnt explain the complete lack of commitment by the HL players though they are just getting out enthused alot of the time. The balls loose on the ground and a reds player is always first to get to it.

What I said above I only just realised the Reff is Bloody Glenn Jackson..... That explains a LOT!!!! Seriously did a HL player root his mum or something??

It doesnt explain the complete lack of commitment by the HL players though they are just getting out enthused alot of the time. The balls loose on the ground and a reds player is always first to get to it.

We look knackered, we did last week vs the Force, a bye would've been nice this week instead of jumping on the plane back to Aussie again, the draws all over the shop, but all excuses aside, we should be winning this. But the wrong guys are out and we're missing someone like Buckman this game, who will make his first tackles. Don't know what we can do off the bench this game, I'd bring Tongia on for Wilson and Emery on for Thompson, maybe Banks for Faddes, Franklin for Reddish, Dixon for Coltman... I'd change the whole team if I could, these guys aren't firing and look flat and just missing tackles if a Reds player so much runs at us. Lima has been shocking on D.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at our bench we have no outside backs that can actually make an attacking improvement, no Banks or Tongia. Ridiculous really, thought Jamie learned his lesson last year vs the Brumbies travelling lightly, we also have a shocking record in Brisbane and the Reds tails were up in the last few games and their set pieces are the best in the competition, we've taken this game way too lightly and I'm really ****** off.

We look knackered, we did last week vs the Force, a bye would've been nice this week instead of jumping on the plane back to Aussie again, the draws all over the shop, but all excuses aside, we should be winning this. But the wrong guys are out and we're missing someone like Buckman this game, who will make his first tackles. Don't know what we can do off the bench this game, I'd bring Tongia on for Wilson and Emery on for Thompson, maybe Banks for Faddes, Franklin for Reddish, Dixon for Coltman... I'd change the whole team if I could, these guys aren't firing and look flat and just missing tackles if a Reds player so much runs at us. Lima has been shocking on D.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at our bench we have no outside backs that can actually make an attacking improvement, no Banks or Tongia. Ridiculous really, thought Jamie learned his lesson last year vs the Brumbies travelling lightly, we also have a shocking record in Brisbane and the Reds tails were up in the last few games and their set pieces are the best in the competition, we've taken this game way too lightly and I'm really ****** off.

Totally disagree on Faddes he's been fine. He cant be everywhere when most of the team is missing first up tackles and generally being lazy assholes.

Totally disagree on Faddes he's been fine. He cant be everywhere when most of the team is missing first up tackles and generally being lazy assholes.

Should've made the tackle on Kerevi in the last try.

Should've made the tackle on Kerevi in the last try.

What about the rest of the game he's been great. Like as in one of the only players making meters and accurate kicks and passes taking high balls he's been fantastic imo... Ben cant play every damn game man!

And Kerevi was always going to score that! The horse had well and truly bolted when he had to cover that.

What about the rest of the game he's been great. Like as in one of the only players making meters and accurate kicks and passes!

And Kerevi was always going to score that! The horse had well and truly bolted when he had to cover that.

Fekitoa needs to step up as well, for the AB's I'd be starting Ngatai and Crotty currently.

Impressive defence by the Reds im sure Jackson can find a foul by the HL here and deny us another try.... Yep kneck roll. Jesus christ. This game is done and dusted.

This is just stupid, make the call before we score the bllody try, what's the point in all those ****ing passages of play if you're jsut going to call it back everytime, absolutely ****ing stupid

Fekitoa needs to step up as well, for the AB's I'd be starting Ngatai and Crotty currently.

I agree totally Fekitoa still does all his run side ways BS at every opportunity. Run it straight man.

- - - Updated - - -

wasnt that a yellow?

Technically probably but in reality it was nowhere near as bad as Pococks effort in that previous game. This goes on in every game its just a matter of weather anyone notices it. Which is why I knew as soon as I saw it Glenn was gunna love that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts