South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Reds.png
Versus%20Super.png
Blues.png

Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Think I'll close my eyes through this one :(
We haven't got a lot going for us, Reds have shown that to much inexperience costs.. We need a 10, we need a 12.. We need a 6 and 7.. I'd like to see Laoifi start at 15 and Hunt go 12.. But we don't have any structure past 5-6 phase, just seem to run out of ideas.. I sadly accrually don't think we'll win a game this season.. Has that ever happened before? :/

Blake Gibson, Tuipulotu and West are going to have relatively easy night, it's a good chance for players like Moala to flex their talents as well. The Reds showed some resistance vs the Rebels, but after a disappointing loss to the Canes and a bye coming up for the Blues, I can seeing them being up for this and way too much for the Reds lack of a real squad considering their injury list and disruptions with their coaches.

May I add, the Reds scrum has been impressive this season though, at least they have one positive going for them.

Last edited:
Good start by both sides. Even as a NSWelshman, I've been dismayed to see the deterioration of Qld rugby over the past couple years.

Wow! What a try by the Reds!! Hope they can hold on here - they're looking good, but the Blues could strike back just as well

Gutless, inept, clueless and directionless performance by the Blues.
Then the decision to kick for a draw.... that made me sick

Yeah, I have to admit I was pretty perplexed by that... bad sign for a side's self-belief if they're not willing to back themselves in that situation. That said, I suppose they'd just gone 20 odd phases without getting very far.

Matt O'Connor should be great for the reds long term future, he is worshipped over in Leinster.

Was a good game on the whole Reds scored a beauty try.

Better than 3 losses on the trot. Going into the bye with 3 losses in a row would be mentally damaging.

Haven't caught the game yet, will watch it when the highlights pop up. Even so, I'm not impressed by this result, I know the Reds have had a bit of resurgence the last two weeks, but they're still in disarray internally from what I've heard. Tana wasn't smart to disrupt the momentum they had after beating us, the squad he put out against the Crusaders was poor, they were abit unlucky vs the Canes, but still disappointing.

Latest posts