Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

K9WX3W0.png
Versus%20Super.png
140401043934749262.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 23:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Lavanini? Is this a joke? That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm not going to this game, ***** my membership.

Well, Lavanini when he´s not getting a card is the best, 2nd row in the squad by far. He has a stopping tackle and on offense is a beast but given this latest performances i would put Alemano.

Also why are we fielding "Leguizamon" when we could put Ortegadesio. We lack a lot of depth =(

Well, we have a little better discipline when playing at home. Still, the coach should bench Lavanini (and maybe Herrera) to make a point, at least for a few weeks.

Bulls by 3.

As a "supporter of sorts" this is the first Jags game of the year that I won't sit down specifically to watch. I will look for the result instead as the pattern of the game is all too predictable. The Jags will play lots of exciting rugby. They will fail to convert chances. The Bulls will kick their goals. The Bulls will dominate the scrums. Lavannini will find himself in the bin. The game will look to slip around the 60th minute for the Jags as their lack of self belief manifests. The Bulls will sneak ahead in the 75th minute. The Jags will lose.

The squad for this match is near our best. I think that the key issue for this game is the impact (if any) the International Windows could have on the team.
If they continue kicking as they did with the Pumas in the first two matches, they may win this one.
On the other hand, after the Pumas' last match this also could be a really ugly situation.

As I'm going to the game, I really hope the former option.

As I'm going to the game, I really hope the former option.

Which one of the 5 people that are at the stadium are you?
I now understand why my bank sent me an email yesterday inviting me to the game.

Good to see the Jaguares actually acknowledging they are playing in horrible conditions compared to what the Pumas did against France in the second test.

Very unusual halftime entertainment. Jaguar mascot lies on the ground (on his front thankfully); cheerleader with umbrella runs over and straddles mascot. Mascot then runs off park with his shorts slid down his thighs and someone has to run on and hurriedly pull them back up. Very, very strange.

I now understand why my bank sent me an email yesterday inviting me to the game.

When you've stunk out the joint to the extent that the Jaguares have in all but one of their home games this year, that is the result. I think the UAR are learning some valuable lessons about how professional sport works but if they start winning, I am confident it will be a good place to watch rugby.

Decent match overall from JAG. Playing old good closed rugby.

Decent match overall from JAG. Playing old good closed rugby.

Can only comment on the last 20 mins. The team is playing well and in the way an Argentina team should, i.e. NOT like the All Blacks. I hear the South African commentators excusing their bad results by talking of the big "step up" to Super Rugby. Rubbish. Isn't it more like a step down to Super Rugby from the RC and the RWC? Or at the very worst a step sideways from the T14 and Champion's Cup?

The Jaguares are beating the Bulls at the physical game, something unthinkable 10 years ago

The Jaguares are beating the Bulls at the physical game, something unthinkable 10 years ago

They are dominating but I'm pretty sure the greatest Pumas team ever from the 2005-2007 era would be well able to smash these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Jags. Hopefully the start of good things.

As a "supporter of sorts" this is the first Jags game of the year that I won't sit down specifically to watch. I will look for the result instead as the pattern of the game is all too predictable. The Jags will play lots of exciting rugby. They will fail to convert chances. The Bulls will kick their goals. The Bulls will dominate the scrums. Lavannini will find himself in the bin. The game will look to slip around the 60th minute for the Jags as their lack of self belief manifests. The Bulls will sneak ahead in the 75th minute. The Jags will lose.

nostradamus

Can only comment on the last 20 mins. The team is playing well and in the way an Argentina team should, i.e. NOT like the All Blacks. I hear the South African commentators excusing their bad results by talking of the big "step up" to Super Rugby. Rubbish. Isn't it more like a step down to Super Rugby from the RC and the RWC? Or at the very worst a step sideways from the T14 and Champion's Cup?

Well, i dunno. This kind of game play is possible under this horrible conditions. So i think adapting is the best trait of these team. Playing like this or playing wide open when needed.

They are dominating but I'm pretty sure the greatest Pumas team ever from the 2005-2007 era would be well able to smash these guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Well done Jags. Hopefully the start of good things.

The Pumas 2007 were smashed easily by the Springboks 2007

The one in the midle. Me and my 5 new friends really enjoyed this match.

Latest posts