• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Hurricanes vs. Chiefs (Semi-Final 1) 30/07/2016

Coach has some job on to lift the Chiefs at half time. McKenzie is a good kicker and they need to keep in contact. Right decision to go for the kick as it's clear Gardner isn't wanting to show cards today.

Barrett with a great read for that intercept and that's a bit of a blow to the Chief. Canes did well to get away with what they did in defence and hit Chiefs hard in attack.

Fair play to McKenzie for his attitude saying it was Chiefs errors. I don't think they are out of this.

Bit of a nothing Cane knocking that dude over. Warning would of been enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Suprised the reff isnt looking at that missed try.... scored anyway... nevermind.

A bit similar to Chiefs vs Highlanders a few weeks back. Chiefs with loads of territory and chances but don't have quite the same cutting edge as the top teams.

Probably the worst performance from the Chiefs this season... But that's due to how well the Hurricanes have defended!

A bit of both i guess. Was there another game where the chief's didn't manage to score a try?

Chiefs have blown two or three tries. They will be kicking themselves. I think along with for Lions they could be the best coached side in the league. Massive credit to the Hurricanes though. They've defended great since going a man down and are clinical on attack. I think they'll have a game on their hands in the final though but have to go in as favourites.

Canes scrum is going to be the sus area in the final. Either the Lions or Highlanders could probably punish them in that area.

Great performance for the Hurricanes. Here is hoping they can now finally get past the last hurdle!

Great performance for the Hurricanes. Here is hoping they can now finally get past the last hurdle!

to be honest, I'm not a cane supporter....but Barret is a taster for whats to come.

Can't wait till internationals. Fast and furious

to be honest, I'm not a cane supporter....but Barret is a taster for whats to come.

Can't wait till internationals. Fast
Bad ant v Crudant?

Ben Smith/......Too much.

Amazing how saffas talk about positional play esp with kicks.....IZZY kicks more, the biggest punt

:p

Well played, Canes!

Congrats for this step to the ***le. You deserve it. I want to see a full Cake Tin stadium next week like the last Grand Final

Well done Canes! Must admit, I've always thought that Barrett was a great option for the ABs from the bench. On recent performances, it is hard to see how you don't start the game with him. Not sure if Cruden from the bench after 55-60 is quite the same problem for opposition teams, though. Bit of a head scratcher for Hansen. Ardie is another one. Still thought he might be a year or two away from challenging for the starting spot. Not so sure now.
After the raft of retirements post WC, I honestly thought the ABs might have a couple of difficult years, relative to their previous form. 12-13 still worries me slightly, but with SBW to come back, maybe the cupboard isn't as bare as I thought. Must be bloody annoying for opposition teams.
Just need the Blues to carry on their improvement next season, and that NZ conference is going to be even more competitive.

If the Saffas select a bunch of these Lions players and change their typical gameplan vastly to suit they could be a real force in the RC. Hard to say though as they are probably rebuilding more so than us.

Latest posts