South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Highlanders.png
Versus%20Super.png
Crusaders.png

Venue: Forsyth Barr Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Best result here for the Chiefs is Highlanders win 15-8

No bonus point for either side and the Landers pickup just 4 points.

Best result here for the Chiefs is Highlanders win 15-8

No bonus point for either side and the Landers pickup just 4 points.

Chiefs look to be limping into the finals mean while the Landers have some big players back from injury. It's going to get very tight in the NZ conference, Canes nipping at the heals as well.

Backing the Landers to cross the line again in this match, although I do know Dagg likes to perform at the Forsyth Barr Stadium, it's his sort of ground.

Is Nadolo still out for this game? Think the Landers will win this in the outside backs, the forwards will be a really even contest and probably won by the Saders if I'm being honest, but the killer backline and the fact the Landers have a world class 10 in Sopoaga should be the difference here.

Chiefs look to be limping into the finals mean while the Landers have some big players back from injury. It's going to get very tight in the NZ conference, Canes nipping at the heals as well.

Backing the Landers to cross the line again in this match, although I do know Dagg likes to perform at the Forsyth Barr Stadium, it's his sort of ground.

Is Nadolo still out for this game? Think the Landers will win this in the outside backs, the forwards will be a really even contest and probably won by the Saders if I'm being honest, but the killer backline and the fact the Landers have a world class 10 in Sopoaga should be the difference here.

We're barely half way through the season...

By limping, I meant their injury crisis.

Yeah as a Chiefs fans it's pretty ****,the last 2-3 years we have had major injury worries and for 2 of those years pretty much had the worst injury rate of any team.

The guys looked solid to start with but the amount of forward injuries is just killing us, then coupled with a few key back injuries, esp in the big games against the likes of the Highlanders, Canes and Crusaders where we are up against really good opposition.

I have to say im looking at the Crusaders points for and against and im just about blown away. Was not expecting them to have that many more points than the next team with that young backline.

The Stormer and Bulls are pretty dark horses I think they are gunna continue to sneak up on everyone else, the sharks will surely top their conference aswell.

If the HL can sneak a win over the Saders I'll be pretty damn happy. But im not confident of that at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly this conference system is utter BS. IMO if a conference "winner" is lagging a 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th seed by more than 5 points at the end of the comp they should drop down the seedings for finals or out. This automatic qualification system for conference winners is rubbish.

I'm torn of picking a team on Superbru in this match.

The Crusaders seems to be the right bet, but they only lost in the opening round, and I'm wondering if the Highlanders might end up sneaking a win here.

Difficult to look past the surprisingly robust and consistent Crusaders even away from home and without all of McCaw, Carter and Nadolo. Didn't think I'd be saying that at the start of the season.

I certainly agree with the format being poor as stated here. I do understand the 'protection' for a spot for every nation's top team for the sake of the identity of the tournament and commercial reasons if not for the sake of competitiveness but then I feel the log should at the very least decide placements. Its bad enough a team might (and have) losses out on a play-off place.

I just think we have to accept that going smaller isn't viable and that we are currently in somethig of an awkward transitioning phase. I think further expansion which Tew just yesterday called "inevitable" will give opportunity for getting some form of symmetry and legitimacy back. The mere gepgraphical facts of the comp has always meant some form of distortion. I do think however everyone can agree the partnerhip between SANZAR has been and is still beneficial to everyone involved even the concessions taking into account.

Just don't know, I can see this vein bruising either way, if we loose I just hope we don't get any injuries on top

Well, it's a sell out crowd, and should be a great match ... just hope my Crusaders can win and cement their place at the top of the conference.

Here's the teams (http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/super-rugby-weekend-teams-20160222):

Highlanders
15 Ben Smith (captain), 14 Waisake Naholo, 13 Matt Faddes, 12 Malakai Fekitoa, 11 Patrick Osborne, 10 Lima Sopoaga, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Luke Whitelock, 7 Dan Pryor, 6 Elliot Dixon, 5 Joe Wheeler, 4 Alex Ainley, 3 Josh Hohneck, 2 Ash Dixon, 1 Daniel Lienert-Brown
Substitutes: 16 Greg Pleasants-Tate, 17 Craig Millar, 18 Siosiua Halanukonuka, 19 Tom Franklin, 20 Liam Squire, 21 Fumiaki Tanaka, 22 Marty Banks 23 Teihorangi Walden

Crusaders
15 Israel Dagg, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 David Havili, 11 Jone Macilai, 10 Richie Mo'unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Wyatt Crockett
Substitutes: 16 Ged Robinson, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Mike Alaalatoa, 19 Scott Barrett, 20 Tim Boys, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Ryan Crotty, 23 Marty McKenzie

That's more or less out A team

Im not sure why fekitoa has some infield, think faddes would perform just as well at 12 and then fekitoa could stick to his normal game

That's more or less out A team

Im not sure why fekitoa has some infield, think faddes would perform just as well at 12 and then fekitoa could stick to his normal game

It probably enhances Fekitoa's All Black stocks though ... I wouldn't be surprised to see Fekitoa at 12 and Crotty at 13 for the AB's this year.

Cant really complain much about how this has gone. Crusaders could of won this already really.

HL still in with a chance.

- - - Updated - - -

HAHAHA WHAT A TRY jesus wept!!!

- - - Updated - - -

faddes is the find of the season for me.

Crotty will be in in 2nd half.

HL's looking sharp now, Naholo's a shoe in for the AB's if he stays injury free.

Faddes for AB center!!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Man if the comp was won on cards the HL would of already won it. And that one is another crock of ****. Penalty at worst.

What is Justin talking about. You have to Wrap your arm around in the tackle, Wheeler clearly made no attempt to do that. Plus there was an early tackle before that Highlanders try the ref never saw, they were due for a yellow.

Last edited:
What is Justin talking about. You have to Wrap your arm around in the tackle, Wheeler clearly made no attempt to do that. Plus there was an early tackle before that Highlanders try the ref never saw, they were due for a yellow.

No matter which way you look at it it was WEAK SAUCE. Nothing in it at all. A big lock cant even give a first five a little love these days? Its ridiculous.

Latest posts