Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Crusaders.png
Versus%20Super.png
K9WX3W0.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Please God let us win one single match! :( I'll be watching that game and then getting one more hour of sleep before going to work.

We beat the cheetah's. Not that it counts as a formidable accomplishment.

But if you MUST watch a win moving forward, you're better off waiting for our games vs the Sun Wolves and the Kings.

Having said that, we are so unpredictable and temperamental that i wouldn't be surprised if we pull off an upset or two. Not that it matters thou, we've already destroyed any chances of moving forward in the competition.

I'm afraid the Jag's disastrous first season is about to get a whole lot worse! I see this as their toughest game of the year. I just don't get it, such a good team, playing so poorly. I hope things change.

What about the new Christchurch stadium??? I really miss the Lancaster Park. It was one of the best rugby stadiums IMO :(:(:(

ami2.jpg

A probably Jaguares starting XV. Not confirmed yet.

1- Santiago García Botta
2- Agustín Creevy (c)
3- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
4- Guido Petti
5- Matías Alemanno
6- Rodrigo Báez
7- Juan Manuel Leguizamón
8- Facundo Isa
9- Gonzalo Bertranou
10- Juan Martín Hernández
11- Emiliano Boffelli
12- Santiago González Iglesias
13- Jerónimo de la Fuente
14- Matías Orlando
15- Joaquín Tuculet

16- Facundo Bosch, 17- Felipe Arregui, 18- Enrique Pieretto, 19- Juan Cruz Guillemain, 20- Pablo Matera, 21- Felipe Ezcurra, 22- Joaquín Paz, 23- Lucas González Amorosino.

Crusaders
15 Israel Dagg, 14 Johnny McNicholl, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Richie Mo'unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read (captain), 7 Matt Todd, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Scott Barrett, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody
Substitutes: 16 Ged Robinson, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Mike Alaalatoa, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Tim Boyes, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Sean Wainui, 23 Ben Volavola

Jaguares
15 Joaquín Tuculet, 14 Matías Orlando, 13 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 12 Santiago González Iglesias, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Juan Martín Hernández, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Facundo Isa, 7 Rodrigo Báez, 6 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 5 Matías Alemanno, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Agustín Creevy (captain), 1 Santiago García Botta
Substitutes: 16 Facundo Bosch, 17 Felipe Arregui, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Juan Cruz Guillemaín, 20 Pablo Matera, 21 Felipe Ezcurra, 22 Joaquín Paz, 23 Lucas González Amorosino

I miss the Lancaster Park!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Landajo is a loss. Quite simply, Lavannini had to go. His lack of handling ability has been killing the Jaguares.

I think Landajo is a loss. Quite simply, Lavannini had to go. His lack of handling ability has been killing the Jaguares.

Landajo started the competition in good shape but he has been dropping the ball (not literally) lately. One thing that I think is making us lose momentum is how much time he takes to decide and get rid of the ball at the rucks.

Last edited:
Here it's 4 am. I'm not sure if I must to sleep for the looooong working day and watch the game delayed or I must watch the game on live and go to the work in mode zombie

:sly:

That was just embarrassing. Still, i think the saders player should have let him stand up. Penalty in my book.

Ok, i clearly do not understand the rules anymore. Min 47 a crusaders player throws a punch (misses), fist closed, full swing, gets caught by the camera, the ref, the players, hell, the entire stadium sees it, and it's not even a yellow card.

To be honest, i thought the jaguares player should have been yellow carded too, but i thought a deliberate attempt to punch someone was a red card.

Ok, i clearly do not understand the rules anymore. Min 47 a crusaders player throws a punch (misses), fist closed, full swing, gets caught by the camera, the ref, the players, hell, the entire stadium sees it, and it's not even a yellow card.

To be honest, i thought the jaguares player should have been yellow carded too, but i thought a deliberate attempt to punch someone was a red card.

Your not wrong but context is key and this is Super Rugby and consistency is frowned upon.

I'm not watching so can't truly comment but I loved this update from Planetrugby.com;
TMO referral for foul play. Andy Ellis throws a punch but it fails to land. Poor punch from Ellis so he escapes with just a penalty.

That was just embarrassing. Still, i think the saders player should have let him stand up. Penalty in my book.

Cruz. Let me just pull you up on one of the great myths about rugby.

When a player goes to ground to take possession of a loose ball there is NO requirement for any player top let him get to his feet. "You have to let him up" is a phrase that is often repeated and it is WRONG, and has no basis in any Law of the game. It is in fact a complete misunderstanding of Law 14.

[TEXTAREA]Law 14: BALL ON THE GROUND - NO TACKLE
14.1 PLAYERS ON THE GROUND
(a) A player with the ball must immediately do one of three things:
• Get up with the ball
• Pass the ball
• Release the ball.
Sanction: Penalty kick[/TEXTAREA]
Just because one of the options of the player in the ground its to get up with the ball does not me that opponents have to let him do that.

[TEXTAREA]14.2 PLAYERS ON THEIR FEET
(a) Falling over the player on the ground with the ball. A player must not intentionally fall
on or over a player with the ball who is lying on the ground.
Sanction: Penalty kick
(b) Falling over players lying on the ground near the ball. A player must not intentionally fall
on or over players lying on the ground with the ball between them or near them.
Sanction: Penalty kick[/TEXTAREA]

At no stage did Mo'unga fall on top of the Jaguares player.

Thanks. I appreciate posts like that a lot.
The tricky part is to go for the ball without falling over the player. I need to see the play again.

Thanks again.

I couldn't watch the game. How was Bertranou? (I hate Landajo) and also Hernández as 10?

Latest posts