• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina vs New Zealand (02/10/2016)

It's pretty incredible that all NZs tries came in about a 15 minute period. If only these Argies could concentrate for even 60 mins a game. They would be hands down the second ranked team in the world.

It seems if you can get into the Abs 22 you can rely on them to repeatedly infringe, possibly the way to beat them? Let them destroy themselves with poor discipline.

So Argentina win................................the second half.

The All Blacks seem to manage a 15 minute period in every recent game where the opposition seem to fall asleep and the Men In Black rack up a quickfire 20 odd points and end the contest on the scoreboard if not on the field

Discipline in young teams is often a problem as we saw in the Aussie game. Hopefully they will settle down and get it right next weekend as the resurgent Bokke circle the wagons.
Hats off to the Pumas, they never give up or give in.

Not really, many teams spend a long time in the ABs 22 and come away with nothing. Infringing like that was very uncharacteristic and somewhat suspect.

I reckon Lienert-Brown was outstanding in that game, surely he has to start again next week to see if he can back it up.

Great 1st half by the AB's, second was not so good, but they held on and played real well with 14 men.

If I was an Argentina fan I would be really embarrassed by the behavior of some of their players, eps Sanchez and that #19 at the end, any little hit they took they tried to milk it for everything, such pathetic actions from players. #19 took a tap from Dixon and fell over like a pathetic little school boy.

Great first half from the ABs but man that second half was hard to watch... lots of ref interruptions, poor handling and generally lacking fluidity.

It's no myth, the ABs always perform better in the last twenty. What happened in this match isn't indicative of every other match... this was very unusual.

Quite funny hearing that diego complaining about his testicles being grabbed by Savea, something i hadnt heard before in a live game.

Quite funny hearing that diego complaining about his testicles being grabbed by Savea, something i hadnt heard before in a live game.

Hah, thats funny coming from a poster with your username!!

at least this puts an end to the last 20 minutes patholgy

I agree, you just need to worry about the last 10 minutes of the first half now!

I reckon Lienert-Brown was outstanding in that game, surely he has to start again next week to see if he can back it up.

He was a good as Damien McKenzie was woeful.

McKenzie missed tackles (three that I saw) and was constantly out of position; on one occasion leading to Argentina's second try. Not impressed!

Last edited:
at least this puts an end to the last 20 minutes patholgy

...nine changes to the team and still a comfortable win regardless...that is the luxury of having such great depth... although rotating the squad may have impacted on the score board short term , long term we will be better off having rested some players and blooded others - you have to look at the big picture my friends...

...nine changes to the team and still a comfortable win regardless...that is the luxury of having such great depth... although rotating the squad may have impacted on the score board short term , long term we will be better off having rested some players and blooded others - you have to look at the big picture my friends...

I was talking about the pumas last 20 not the abs.
rest players for what? the show is over.
I remember kiwis bragging about having to play to your selves to find real adversaries. now it's 9 changes...
we lost this game on our own stupidity. like that ball creepy gave away from the line out or that bad kick, the abs where bellow their standard tonight

- - - Updated - - -

It's no myth, the ABs always perform better in the last twenty. What happened in this match isn't indicative of every other match... this was very unusual.

I said pathology not myth and ment pumas last 20.. we always seem to choke on The last 20 and wasn't the case today. it was the best minutes of the team

Last edited:
we lost this game on our own stupidity. like that ball creepy gave away from the line out. the abs where bellow their standard tonight

I'm calling BS, sure you made a couple of mistakes but it was Reads vision that saw what was happening, I thought Argentina played well in the 1st half but that 15 minutes window where the AB"s stepped it up, you guys couldn't complete.

I said pathology not myth and ment pumas last 20.. we always seem to choke on The last 20 and wasn't the case today. it was the best minutes of the team

Argentina played average in that period where we had a man off for almost 20 minutes, in all honesty though they should have scored more points, all that scrum work for 1 try is pretty average at this level.

I don't think choke it he word either, its conditioning, as above 15 men on 14, Moody was binned at the 52nd min and Squire at the 65th, that is a long period of time yet you only scored 7 points in that period, pretty sure the last try came when the AB's had 15 men on the field.

...resting players injured or otherwise and blooding new players call it rotation or succession planning I don't care...don't all countries have succession planning or is it just us ...?
..and it's not all over we still have to play SA next week so one of the biggest games for us given our history against SA...

..what I have trouble understanding is how Argentina can play well one week and then in Super Rugby they are completely useless...people are saying it's them throwing games call it match fixing if you like...say it isn't so..

Latest posts