Versus%20Super.png
Force.png

Venue : Eden Park, Auckland
Kick Off local: 17:30 local, 15:30 AEST, 07:30 SAST
Referee: Ben O'Keeffe
Assistant Ref 1:Nick Briant
Assistant Ref 2:paul Williams
TMO :Ben Skeen

I think it should be a good game ... Here's the team's ... I'm picking the Blues because of home ground advantage

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16016_46357,00.html

Blues v Western Force

Blues: 15 Charles Piutau, 14 Lolagi Visinia, 13 Francis Saili, 12 George Moala/Hamish Northcott, 11 Melani Nanai, 10 Dan Bowden, 9 Jimmy Cowan, 8 Jerome Kaino (c), 7 Brendon O’Connor, 6 Akira Ioane, 5 Hayden Triggs, 4 Josh Bekhuis/Culum Retallick, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock.
Replacements: 16 James Parsons, 17 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 18 Angus Ta’avao, 19 Steven Luatua, 20 Luke Braid, 21 Jamison Gibson-Park, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Hamish Northcott/Tevita Li.

Force: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Luke Morahan, 13 Kyle Godwin, 12 Luke Burton, 11 Nick Cummins, 10 Sias Ebersohn, 9 Ryan Louwrens, 8 Ben McCalman, 7 Matt Hodgson (c), 6 Angus Cottrell, 5 Adam Coleman/Wilhelm Steenkamp, 4 Steve Mafi, 3 Tetera Faulkner, 2 Nathan Charles, 1 Pekahou Cowan.
Replacements: 16 Heath Tessmann, 17 Chris Heiberg, 18 Guy Millar, 19 Wilhelm Steenkamp/Ross Haylett-Petty, 20 Kane Koteka, 21 Justin Turner, 22 Marcel Brache, 23 Junior Rasolea

So the Blues have lost Kaino and Piutau for the game and for at least the next few weeks, probably longer for Charlie, real shame for him.

How did O'Connor play today?

Huh? Oconner's at the reds or is there another bieber lookalike in this team?

Anyway the blues thrashed them and I hardly noticed the rebels with the ball.

Akira Ioane is an absolute beast.

Can you imagine a combination of Ioane 6, Savea7, Taufua8!!! Maybe a bit to much running in that combination but hey itd still be pretty crazy to watch in an open game. Might be to tall for 7 but TBH I dont even think it matters when he plays like he does.

Seems to me long term the blues probably need to turn Ioane into a 7. He needs to be on the park at all times but that isnt really possible with Luatua and Kaino around.

Last edited:
And the yellow in this game was just totally ridiculous. I can honestly see the WC being totally wrecked for more than one Nation by these needless cards.

Latest posts