• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Wales

Hello fellow fans,

I'm currently in the process of writing my dissertation on the 2015 Six Nations. I am looking into sponsorship clutter and ambush marketing and I need as many responses as possible. If you would be willing to take two minutes to fill in my short questionnaire I would be hugely grateful. You don't have to be a die hard fan at all and if you have friends/husbands/dads ANYONE that wouldn't mind filling it in please please can you ask them to fill it in too! It would mean so so much

Thank you very much in advance.

Hana

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18wP...?usp=send_form

Before this had turned into a stat match! :) What I meant when I said we 'are hard to beat' is that rather looking at how many games we've won or lost under Gatland is that when we have lost, teams have had to have played well to beat us. Mostly when we've been close several times of beating SA and Oz. Where as in the past the very best teams did not need get out of 2nd gear to beat us (Scotland in 2007 comes to mind)! Also in a way, we are a very good team, better than a lot of Welsh teams in the past is just that were limited to one game plan.
Nice to see a reasonable response :) No name calling or swearing or other stupid thing just talking about rugby.

I didn't want to get into a stat fest I was just trying to prove my point that under Gatland your not a hard team to beat, as you loose to often (we then went on some crazy quest to prove my stats were skewed as Wales had played 'significantly' more harder opposition, which wasn't true). I agree I think Wales are a harder team to beat currently that sides of the past, you loose by smaller margin's certainly. However there's a difference between 'harder' and 'hard', harder says the context of your previous form in comparison to current form. Just plain hard to beat well that's SA and NZ teams which on average will win so when you beat them it counts for more.

Nice to see a reasonable response :) No name calling or swearing or other stupid thing just talking about rugby.

I didn't want to get into a stat fest I was just trying to prove my point that under Gatland your not a hard team to beat, as you loose to often (we then went on some crazy quest to prove my stats were skewed as Wales had played 'significantly' more harder opposition, which wasn't true). I agree I think Wales are a harder team to beat currently that sides of the past, you loose by smaller margin's certainly. However there's a difference between 'harder' and 'hard', harder says the context of your previous form in comparison to current form. Just plain hard to beat well that's SA and NZ teams which on average will win so when you beat them it counts for more.

Okay, so what you're saying is that Wales are hard to beat, but not the hardest? Correct? I think he knew that, and anybody everywhere ever.

In bold - Exactly what I said three pages ago.

Okay, so what you're saying is that Wales are hard to beat, but not the hardest? Correct? I think he knew that, and anybody everywhere ever.

In bold - Exactly what I said three pages ago.
Uh....no I don't think Wales are a hard to beat team at all....instead of reading the one sentence where I agreed with you read the other ones.

Okay let me spell my point of view out to you in hopefully simple terms....

NZ & SA = Hard to beat.

Everyone Else = Loose way too often to claim to be 'hard to beat'.

Being harder to beat does not make you hard to beat. For example in silly world (I'm exaggerating so you'll understand my point) a team looses on average by 100 points and looses 100% of their games. If they then start loosing by on average by 5 points but still loose 100% of their games they are harder to beat but are still not hard to beat.

Wales and everyone else who is not SA & NZ do not have a high enough win % in my book to claim to be hard to beat.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to call up Bevington's mum to be honest.

@Ospreylian Luke was absolutely crucial against France, was such a nuisance for the French pack

How did everyone feel Baldwin went? I thought he was solid throughout and seemed to be far more steady than Hibbard at line out time

I thought the pack went well v France, Someone else has said how Charteris has improved since playing in France, rightly so and he and with Baldwins throwing into the line out that set piece functioned perfectly, would like to see Tips start with Lydiate on the bench. Warbs and Tips playing together was a big part of the win against England 2 yrs back.
Also I'd like to see a bit more midfield creativity and that means swapping the Fox for Scott Williams, bring Ainscombe onto the bench and dispatch Priestland to Siberia.

I thought the pack went well v France, Someone else has said how Charteris has improved since playing in France, rightly so and he and with Baldwins throwing into the line out that set piece functioned perfectly, would like to see Tips start with Lydiate on the bench. Warbs and Tips playing together was a big part of the win against England 2 yrs back.
Also I'd like to see a bit more midfield creativity and that means swapping the Fox for Scott Williams, bring Ainscombe onto the bench and dispatch Priestland to Siberia.

Also very pleasantly surprised at Charteris - never been a guy I've particularly rated before but he did do very well indeed, and Bradley Davies looked fairly solid off the bench. Until he moved to Bristol Ian Evans would have always been my first choice lock alongside AWJ, such a shame he's kinda dropped of the radar since leaving the Ospreys.

Latest posts