• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Wales

Isn't Rob Evans in the squad currently? Been withheld this weekend.
Who is next in line? Please don't say Bevington.

I'd prefer to call up Bevington's mum to be honest.

@Ospreylian Luke was absolutely crucial against France, was such a nuisance for the French pack

How did everyone feel Baldwin went? I thought he was solid throughout and seemed to be far more steady than Hibbard at line out time

Last edited:
I thought Baldwin played well. At the end of the day the lineout functioned as good as it gets, and the scrum was solid with Samson Lee back at tight head. It was the first time since I can remember actually that we managed to catch so many restarts without fumbling it! The forwards gave us a decent platform and the half backs controlled the game and Jamie Roberts managed to get us over the gain line. Gatland's plan A worked this time, as it so often does but when we do come up against a team that manages to stop this (England this year and Ireland last year for example) then we struggle. We just have to accept that this is the way were going to play up until 2019 when Gatland's contract expires. I'm not a massive fan of it, but we are hard to beat because of it.

I'm not a massive fan of it, but we are hard to beat because of it.
Are you though?

A very quick totting up of Wales' games with Gatland in charge and it's 45wins against 41 losses and one draw. A 51.7% game win percentage , Wales' all time win % is 51.42%.

You win more than you loose but the win% isn't high enough to suggest your a hard team to best unlike say SA or NZ.

Last edited:
Are you though?

A very quick totting up of Wales' games with Gatlan in charge and it's 45wins against 41 losses and one draw. A 51.7% game win percentage , Wales' all time win % is 51.42%.

you win more than you loose but the win% isn't high enough to suggest your a hard team to be unlike say SA or NZ.

I think we are. Teams can beat us, as has been proven. But it is difficult for teams to hammer us in terms of points. We're hard to breakdown, but again we find it hard to break teams down too atm.

We may only have a slightly better than 50% win percentage with Gatland at the helm, but crucially, we have more silverware than teams like England for example, to show for it.

I'm pretty sure we have played a larger number of games against top 4 opposition than any other NH team too in the past 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I think we are. Teams can beat us, as has been proven. But it is difficult for teams to hammer us in terms of points. We're hard to breakdown, but again we find it hard to break teams down too atm.

We may only have a slightly better than 50% win percentage with Gatland at the helm, but crucially, we have more silverware than teams like England for example, to show for it.

I'm pretty sure we have played a larger number of games against top 4 opposition than any other NH team too in the past 3-4 years.
Considering top 4 (ranked) opposition usually includes Ireland & England it's hard to play yourself, but fair enough if that's true what % of games have you played against top 4 opposition? I ask % as a count is little unfair my stats included your hammering of minnows (was only fair after all) and I don't want to say ah but you played more tier 2 teams than us. Now work out the % for England and Ireland if they're significantly different I'm happy with that arguement.

England have played the most against top 3 Southern Hemisphere with 14, since the last world cup/
Wales have played 12
Ireland have played significantly fewer than both

Considering top 4 (ranked) opposition usually includes Ireland & England it's hard to play yourself, but fair enough if that's true what % of games have you played against top 4 opposition? I ask % as a count is little unfair my stats included your hammering of minnows (was only fair after all) and I don't want to say ah but you played more tier 2 teams than us. Now work out the % for England and Ireland if they're significantly different I'm happy with that arguement.

You don't want to say that we played more 2nd tier team than England, because we haven't.

Well Ireland have only been in the top 4 since November last year and i was talking about a period of 3-4 years. Okay let me change it to make it simpler for you, we have played more games against top 3 opposition in the last 3-4 maybe more years.

You don't want to say that we played more 2nd tier team than England, because we haven't.
Why do you post this immediately after you've been shown to be wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

I see I caught you out editing your remarks with absolutely no basis in fact.

Why do you post this immediately after you've been shown to be wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

I see I caught you out editing your remarks with absolutely no basis in fact.

Actually no, I wanted to make sure i had my stats correct and i do. I said 3-4 years.

From the 3/3/2011 - Present Wales have played top three teams 16 times and England have played them 14 times. So you've actually made yourself look a mug. As per

Okay Wales played a whole 2 more games against Top 3 opposition (I assume your going by current rankings)...this proves Wales a hard team to beat how?

This argument is looking very very stupid you guys...

If you look since the last world cup its England 14 Wales 12
If you include 2011, a world cup year, its Wales 15 England 14 - Wales played Autralia in the Bronze final.
Including 2010 its Wales 21 England 19
Including 2009 its Wales 23 England 23

The point is its very similar and depends on when you cut it off to suit an argument...

Okay Wales played a whole 2 more games against Top 3 opposition (I assume your going by current rankings)...this proves Wales a hard team to beat how?

Alone, it doesn't. The rest of my post which you and Henry Poppins decided to ignore which gave some explanation. However, you decided this was a point on which to attack and you were wrong. 2 whole games is a lot in international Rugby especially when you're playing the best around.

Alone, it doesn't. The rest of my post which you and Henry Poppins decided to ignore which gave some explanation. However, you decided this was a point on which to attack and you were wrong. 2 whole games is a lot in international Rugby especially when you're playing the best around.

I was just putting in stats for grounding your discussion. Your response indicates you're just as bad a poster as I suspected.
As I posted above which you chose to ignore, your argument is completely spurious, specious, choose whichever words you like.

This argument is looking very very stupid you guys...

If you look since the last world cup its England 14 Wales 12
If you include 2011, a world cup year, its Wales 15 England 14 - Wales played Autralia in the Bronze final.
Including 2010 its Wales 21 England 19
Including 2009 its Wales 23 England 23

The point is its very similar and depends on when you cut it off to suit an argument...

Well you felt it right to try and prove me wrong. Also your maths is wrong, have missed out a game and i notice you've conveniently left out 2008 (start of Gatland's tenure) for your own argument's benefit. You do this constantly and like to label people and hold some sort of vendetta. You're a petty bloke. You try to come across as intelligent, but are just a hypocrite and it's clear to see for anyone with half a brain.

I simply pointed out that our defense is pretty strong and it is hard to ware us down generally to the point at which we are no longer in the game. We can be destroyed tactically, but only the best can completely dismantle us on the score board.

You're just sore that i pointed out that although as Nturd said, we don't have a great winning ratio, but we have made the most of what we have won. Unlike other teams...

Sick of you hovering around everything i post. Here's two words i'd like to use. Bugger off.

Last edited:
Well you felt it right to try and prove me wrong. Also your maths is wrong and i notice you've conveniently left out 2008 (start of Gatland's tenure) for your own benefit. You do this constantly and like to label people and hold some sort of vendetta. You're a petty bloke. You try to come across as intelligent, but are just a hypocrite and it's clear to see for anyone with half a brain.

Sick of you hovering around everything i post. Kindly **** off.

I may seem clever, but it's only in comparison to you.

If I include 2008, guess what...we still played exactly the same number of games against the top 3.

Before this had turned into a stat match! :) What I meant when I said we 'are hard to beat' is that rather looking at how many games we've won or lost under Gatland is that when we have lost, teams have had to have played well to beat us. Mostly when we've been close several times of beating SA and Oz. Where as in the past the very best teams did not need get out of 2nd gear to beat us (Scotland in 2007 comes to mind)! Also in a way, we are a very good team, better than a lot of Welsh teams in the past is just that were limited to one game plan.

I may seem clever, but it's only in comparison to you.

If I include 2008, guess what...we still played exactly the same number of games against the top 3.

Well you're not clever if you can't do simple adding up...

Before this had turned into a stat match! :) What I meant when I said we 'are hard to beat' is that rather looking at how many games we've won or lost under Gatland is that when we have lost, teams have had to have played well to beat us. Mostly when we've been close several times of beating SA and Oz. Where as in the past the very best teams did not need get out of 2nd gear to beat us (Scotland in 2007 comes to mind)! Also in a way, we are a very good team, better than a lot of Welsh teams in the past is just that were limited to one game plan.

That's what i was trying to get across to this complete half-baked twonk.

Goodbye Miss poppins. 'till next time!

(by the way, the edit was to add in someone else's quote which appeared after i'd posted)

:bravo: